Book giveaway (1 Viewer)

Congrats to the winners! - Kurt, it's a very nice bio, even if Uncle ain't...

Last edited by a moderator:
11gt508.png

Thanks so much mjp :)

Mr & Mrs. G

Yes, my arrived last Thursday. Something made me stop what I was doing and go outside to meet the Postman before he shoved the book into my tiny mail box. Thank you for the telepathic precursor, mjp. You are the king.

Twice as many people threw their hats into the ring for And the Hippos Were Boiled In Their Tanks, so you only had a 1 in 10 chance of winning that one. Those who wanted Sounes had a 1 in 5 chance. Winners are:

Locked in the Arms of a Crazy Life
Gerard K H Love

And the Hippos Were Boiled In Their Tanks
Lolita Ginsoski

I used random.org to choose a number between 1 and 100. The list of names for each book were listed and repeated until the list reached 100 lines, for example:

Gerard K H Love
jordan
scribbler
slimedog
Rob
Gerard K H Love
jordan
scribbler
slimedog
Rob
Gerard K H Love
jordan
scribbler
slimedog
Rob
etc., etc., up to 100 lines.

Lottery results have been verified and certified by Buddy, who is an aging Border Collie. But he's a straight shooter. Doesn't go for any funny business.

Congrats to the winners, PM me your address and I'll get these out this week.

why am i not included?

That example uses the names of people who wanted Sounes. You were in the Hippos list. Notice that you don't see Lolita Ginsoski in the example either.

Ah, a random number generator. I've used those a few times in my database work. My favorite is the one (forget exactly which website does this) that generates a series of random number based on the real-time twinkling of star light. Now that's random. I used a series of numbers from that generator to do a selection of records for an auditor -- impressed the hell out of her. Okay, I'm a geek, I confess.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back