Born Into This DVD extras - Payment and shipping details (1 Viewer)

cirerita

Founding member
I'm starting a new thread because the other one was getting too confusing. The total amount to be paid is 8,93 euros for Americans and 8,6 euros for Europeans. Please send the money to mdiago at telefonica dot net (I hope this is clear enough). Please use your forum nickname when you make the payment so I know who's making the payment.

Please send me a private message with your full name and snail mail address. Do not post that info here or the thread will be a mess.

When I receive your personal info, I'll add an OK next to your name in the list below. The OK will be boldface once I receive your payment.

In the example below mjp has sent me his personal info but he hasn't paid me, and hoockmonkey9 has both sent me his personal info and paid me.

EXAMPLE:
1) mjp - US - OK
2) hoochmonkey9 - US - OK

REAL LIST:
1) mjp - US - OK
2) hoochmonkey9 - US - OK
3) Bukefan - Europe
4) Grahamcooke - Europe
5) Brother Schenker - Europe - OK
6) SamDusky - US - OK
7) Olaf - ??
8) d gray - US - OK
9) ClassIntellectual - US - OK
10) jose leitao - Europe - OK
11) oneiros - Europe
12) Thomas - US - OK
13) Ren6 - US
14) bospress.net - US OK
15) HenryChinaski - US - OK
16) Hank solo - Europe - OK
17) Erik - Europe - OK
18) zoom man - US - OK
19) Johannes - Europe - OK
20) mfinney - US

cirerita said:
Please send me a private message with your full name and snail mail address. Do not post that info here or the thread will be a mess.

When I receive your personal info, I'll add an OK next to your name in the list below.

Is this necessary?
When you pay via Pay-Pal, you should get our address with the payment.

Now,
Including our forum name in the message....
That's
Brilliant!,
Priceless!

well, sometimes the Paypal address is not the real one... you know that for sure... sometimes it's a temporary hole-up :D

Let's give this man a Tip

cirerita said:
sometimes it's a temporary hole-up :D
:D

I just sent you 10 Euros....
($13.17 US right now (but sure to go up))
If everyone did likewise,
Well,
How much is a six-pack there?:)

Thanks again, I can't wait to get this....
No Pressure,

But hurry up :D

PLEASE READ THIS, IT'S IMPORTANT

ok, you US guys have a "problem". let's face it, converting PAL to NTSC it's not that easy if you want to keep the original structure (menus, subtitles, etc). ç
Here's the thing: with NeroVision you can transcode the .vob files "on the fly" but you can't keep the menus (Nero creates a new one) and the subtitles are gone -though you don't want them anyway. The bad thing about transconding on the fly is that it creates "segments" and then you get a lot of dividing chapters. If you want to keep the real number of chapters, then you have to first export the PAL .vob to NTSC .mpeg (with Nero or Tmpgenc) and then burn it with Nero (which converts the NTSC .mpeg to NTSC .vob on the fly).

I also tried Canopus Procoder v. 2.0 but the ac3 track is nowhere to be found and it converts the menu as a sequence of the main movie. A real mess.

so we have two options:
1) I don't convert the PAL DVD and you just play it in your computer (you'll be able to play it because it's region free) or, luckily, in your standalone DVD player.

2) I convert the PAL DVD to NTSC but the menus will be gone as well as the subtitles. Also, the quality won't be as good as the original one (there are 2 conversions: .vob to mpeg and then mpeg to vob, unless I convert the vob files on the fly, but then even the chapters structure is lost).

I prefer not to convert the PAL DVD (I've already lost a couple of hours without satisfying results so far) but if you are computerless and you have an old standalone DVD player, then I'll convert it, but remember you won't get the original menus nor the subtitles.

Please let me know ASAP which option you prefer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Conversion?

I have seen NTSC AND Pal DVDs in my R2 player, and it works fine with me. Never had any problems. I think both the DVD player and the TV are multi-system. I have no objection to have to watch it in my computer, either, if it came to that. Though I much rather watch it in the TV screen. However, I need the disk to be R0 or R2.

cirerita: I've send you a private message with info. By the way, I'm in Europe - not US...

okay now I'm gonna sound like a dumbass asking this question
but

now being able to play it in my computer, do I have to have a dvd rom?
(because my computer doesnt) :(
I know this is kinda like biting the hand that feeds...
but when i read that the US guys have a problem, I was kinda bummed because nothing beats watching it on the tv.

hopefully i'll still be able to watch it on the comp
LOL maybe a dumb question but one that i need to ask.

jose leitao

I already said the disc will be region 0 and that us European will have no problems to play the disc on regular standalone DVD players. Only Americans have this issue.

Chinaski,
you definitely need a DVD player, be it in your computer/laptop or any other place. There are two options: cross your fingers so your standalone player recognizes and plays the PAL DVD or you find a friend over there who converts the PAL to NTSC. It's not difficult, but you'll lose the subtitles and the menus.

bukefan,
fixed!

ok, guys, last night I printed all the covers on glossy paper and 20 copies of the long poem. I'll print the unpublished poem ASAP -the colophon stuff will be on the backside of this poem. I've already burned 10 DVDs.

you know, I live in a hamlet in the mountains in the middle of nowhere -very close to the sea, though- and I hardly ever go down to what I call the "civilization", which means I go to the P.O. once a week only. I'll mail the 20 envelopes once I've received the 20 payments, not before. So the sooner you pay me, the sooner everybody will get the DVD and the poems.

Please don't tell me to count you out of this. If you quit, then I'll have to pay for your DVD. It wouldn't be fair, right?

here's a screenshot of the recorded DVD data:

824.jpg

Well, if you think about it, you're bound to get a dvd-playable computer some day...and this dvd, from the forum of truly the best Buk site on the WWW, (certainly the first best, if you will), will probably be a collector's item someday...

Maybe not.

But I'd jump on it if I were you, even though you can't play it at the moment.

well thats true i guess.

but as I'm sure most of you all know, with an addiction like this running through my blood, i fear it to be a great tease.

HenryChinaski said:
well that sucks. looks like i'm SOL

Keep your chin up! - You can get a stand-alone dvd player, multi-region, cheap! Here in Denmark you can get one for less than 45$. So I would guess the price is about the same in the US - maybe even cheaper!

well, everything's ready to be put into envelopes and then mailed, but I've received only 10 payments so far, there are a couple more on the way, but that's it. There are 7-8 people who haven't said a word. Please read your pm and answer ASAP so the others don't have to wait on you!

cirerita: I've send you an e-mail in response to your mail. Hope you got it! To be on the safe side, I've also sent you a pm....

1) mjp - US - ALL OK
2) hoochmonkey9 - US - ALL OK
3) Bukefan - Europe - PAYMENT PENDING
4) Grahamcooke - Europe - ADDRESS & PAYMENT PENDING
5) Brother Schenker - Europe - OK - ALL OK
6) SamDusky - US - OK - ALL OK
7) Olaf - ?? - ON HOLD
8) d gray - US - ALL OK
9) ClassIntellectual - US - ALL OK
10) jose leitao - Europe - PAYMENT PENDING
11) oneiros - Europe - ADDRESS & PAYMENT PENDING
12) Thomas - US - OK - PAYMENT PENDING
13) Ren6 - US - ADDRESS & PAYMENT PENDING
14) bospress.net - US - ALL OK
15) HenryChinaski - US - ALL OK
16) Hank solo - Europe - ALL OK
17) Erik - Europe - PAYMENT PENDING
18) zoom man - US - ALL OK
19) Johannes - Europe - ALL OK
20) mfinney - US - ON HOLD

Hey, guys,

I'll mail the packages early next week to all those who have already paid me. EVerything's ready to go.

I had originally planned to include the unpublished poem "The Creation of the Morning Line," but I had the suspicion it had been published with a different title -quite a common thing in the Bukowski/Martin camp. Anyway, my old computer just couldn't take it anymore and quietly died on me. I'm now using an even OLDER laptop -which is painfully slow- and managed to scan another poem -which I believe is really unpublished- and print it right on time to be included in the final package.

I think that poem -"The Creation of the Morning Line"- appears in some readings available on CD, but I'm not sure whether it has been published in a book of poems or not.

1) mjp - US - ALL OK
5) Brother Schenker - Europe - ALL OK
6) SamDusky - US - ALL OK
8) d gray - US - ALL OK

3) Bukfan - Europe - PAYMENT PENDING
10) jose leitao - Europe - PAYMENT PENDING
11) oneiros - Europe - PAYMENT PENDING

7) Olaf - ?? - ON HOLD

zoom man said:
http://www.last.fm/music/Charles+Bukowski

It's on At Terror Street and _______ Disc 1,
And no, I dont know anything about the above web site.....
Just googled the title "The Creation________"

Off to check out the site....

The poem "The creation of the morning line" is not on "At terror street...", but on the cd "Poems and Insults"! - a great reading by the way...

1) mjp - US - ALL OK
8) d gray - US - ALL OK
10) jose leitao - Europe - ALL OK

11) oneiros - Europe - PAYMENT PENDING

7) Olaf - ?? - ON HOLD

Damn...
this is just like the list for coffee-money on the bulletin board at work.
I'm always one of the last to pay there too.
Must be the "frozen man" inside of me - paralized by the thought of doing a foreign currency transaction...
So much easier to work the word than the world! :o

take your time, Erik, you'll get the DVD later, that's all :D

I made the list public because I didn't want to write a lot of individual pm and because there's nothing to hide, is there?

No problem! like I said, I'm used to it at work.
And hats off to you for all the effort you're putting into this.
:)

1) mjp - US - ALL OK
8) d gray - US - ALL OK
10) jose leitao - Europe - ALL OK
11) oneiros - Europe - ALL OK

7) Olaf - ?? - ON HOLD

Good news, guys, the packages are on their way to you!

1) mjp - US - MAILED
2) hoochmonkey9 - US - MAILED
5) Brother Schenker - Europe - MAILED
6) SamDusky - US - MAILED
8) d gray - US - MAILED
9) ClassIntellectual - US - MAILED
14) bospress.net - US - MAILED
15) HenryChinaski - US - MAILED
16) Hank solo - Europe - MAILED
18) zoom man - US - MAILED
19) Johannes - Europe - MAILED
10) jose leitao - Europe - MAILED
11) oneiros - Europe - MAILED
3) Bukfan - Europe - MAILED
17) Erik - Europe - MAILED

7) Olaf - ?? - ON HOLD

you should be getting the packages late this week or early next week. If you don't, please send me pm and I'll track them down. I mailed them all registered, so they can't just get "lost", as it usually happens with unregistered packages.

Eh..I did not find any extra material on the dvd. I just found this private reading og buk, bono and Waits reading a poem each (not penn). The french tv show (that's a classic !!) and a small interview with Linda. Someone explain?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back