• If you start a thread here you have permission to edit the thread and your posts indefinitely. So if the status of your sale or auction changes, please come back and update the thread.

Buk Liked to Fish? (1 Viewer)

If his high school was like mine (and it WAS), the yearbook club had a lot of latitude to put what they wanted in there. Plus Buk was an outcast and l;ikely would not have cared much what it said in there.

If you are popular, the yearbook is a great place to remember the great times. If you are not popular, you would not give two shits about what it said.

Plus, in this case, it had to start with a U, S & A.

I guess that they would not allow: Usually likes to drink.

Bill

Boy is that ever overpriced! Holy christ. I mean, that's most of the way to a couple copies of It Catches on Abe... insane.

it is worth $200.

I have bought and sold at least 5 copies of this book over the last 5 years and have never sold one for more that $250, to my recollection.

Spanky's bought this one on ebay and outbid me years ago for it at about $250 and they have been trying to sell it for the last 5 years.

Bill

I think you've solved the mystery here. It should have read "Usually likes to drink like a fish."

Now that you mention it, I wouldn't be surprised if Buk submitted it like that and the editors watered it down. Perhaps John Martin was on the editorial staff of the LAHS Yearbook? :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back