BUKFAN 60!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (1 Viewer)

Thanks a lot, Black Swan and Hooch!
- Yes, I celebrated it in style! As it happens, I'm a hard core Canned Heat fan and by some strange coincidence they were playing at a blues festival here on my birthday. I know their webmaster and he got me on their guest list ($65 saved) and they invited me backstage for a chat after the concert. We chatted for 15-20 min. so that was pretty cool. :)

DSCF4759-2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, Bruno! Unfortunately, that joke was made two years ago. Now, 62 is the new 52! :p
My body may be 62, but I'm 32, and if I had'nt been reading Bukowski I would've been 22! :hmh:

I'm a hard core Canned Heat fan and by some strange coincidence they were playing at a blues festival here on my birthday. I know their webmaster and he got me on their guest list ($65 saved) and they invited me backstage for a chat after the concert. We chatted for 15-20 min. so that was pretty cool. :)
Very cool! Happy (apparently belated) Bjirthday!

Thanks, Bruno! Unfortunately, that joke was made two years ago. Now, 62 is the new 52! :p
My body may be 62, but I'm 32, and if I had'nt been reading Bukowski I would've been 22! :hmh:
I should have noticed that. I was slightly hungover this morning. At least that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.

Idag er det (Persons) fødselsdag,
hurra hurra hurra
Han/hun sikkert sig en gave får,
som han/hun har ønsket sig i år
og dejlig chokolade med kager til.
Hvor smiler han/hun, hvor er han/hun glad,
hurra hurra hurra
Men denne dag er også rar,
for hjemme venter mor og far
med dejlig chokolade og kager til.
Og når han/hun hjem fra skolen går,
hurra hurra hurra
Så skal han/hun hjem og holde fest
og hvem der kommer med som gæst
får dejlig chokolade og kager til.
Til slut vi råber højt i kor,
hurra hurra hurra
Gid (Person) længe leve må
og sine ønsker opfyldt få
og dejlig chokolade med kager til.

To celebrate your birth I have had fluid drained off my knee...that's how much your birthday means to me! You're welcome...

But seriously, another fine year...hard to begin a new birth year better than you have! Congrats.

Thanks, guys! I appreciate it. :)

To celebrate your birth I have had fluid drained off my knee...that's how much your birthday means to me! You're welcome...

But seriously, another fine year...hard to begin a new birth year better than you have! Congrats.

Indeed, Hosh! It's not every day you get a chance to chat with your favorite band and on your birthday at that.
I hope your knee is back to normal. Best wishes for a speedy recovery!

Idag er det (Persons) fødselsdag,
hurra hurra hurra...

Ah, the traditional Danish Happy Birthday song! Very nice. Thanks, Ponder!

so, they didn't tell you, it was me who booked them and send them over to you? Anyway, I'm glad you liked my little birthday present.

Thanks a lot, Roni! I should've guessed you were behind it all. How very considerate of you. :hmh:

- Here's a better pic from the concert:

DSCF4791-3.PhotoByCarstenMellston.jpg

Larry Taylor is fucking ageless. I've seen him play with Waits a couple of times. Great pic!

Oh yes! They say he's the greatest blues bass player on upright bass. I've only heard him play upright bass on one of the Canned Heat albums though. I guess it's too much trouble dragging an upright bass around the world - lol.
I know he started playing in Jerry Lee Lewis band as a teen and that his brother is a drummer. Larry's also played with The Monkees. He's a really nice person to chat with, but they all were very nice people and very laid back too.

Det var som faen, Kjære Bukfaen!
Gratulerer da.

Tillykke med fødselsdagen, Bukfan!
I was in Copenhagen last weekend, we spent the night in a small hotel på Østerbro. You live in one of the nicest and most interesting cities in the world - I notice that every time I'm there.

Thanks a lot Andreas, Johannes, Roni, hank solo and d gray! It's very heart-warming on a cold November day.:)

Tillykke med fødselsdagen, Bukfan!
I was in Copenhagen last weekend, we spent the night in a small hotel på Østerbro. You live in one of the nicest and most interesting cities in the world - I notice that every time I'm there.

Tusind tak, Andreas! - Last weekend? You come here often? I have´nt seen many of the cities in the world, but I´m glad you think Copenhagen is one of the nicest and most interesting ones. I guess that means I was lucky to let myself be born here. What a great decision I made back then. :p

have a "crumby" birthday, BK!

Thanks, d gray! I love the Crumb drawing. I don't think I´ve seen it before.

HappyBirthday-Pogo-3.jpg

Sixty-five. Jesus. This is slowly becoming embarrassing, don't you think?
For the longest time of its existence human life didn't even reach the age of 50, so you've already scored 15 extra years!

Thanks a lot, guys! I can't believe I´m 65. I don't feel like 65, so i think somebody must have messed with my birth certificate. Something is definitely wrong when even Trump wishes me a happy birthday, but it was a nice gesture. :p

Thanks, Roni! - 78? No, that was the year I discovered Bukowski, thanks to my teacher in German. :)
(Btw, I bought myself a birthday gift from your Buk-shop, Abel's Buk book. Can't wait to read it. It should arrive any day now.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back