Bukowski tattoos (2 Viewers)

photo-4.jpg

I've been wondering for a while now... What does "ran with the bunted" mean?

Tattos are weird. When you want one , you want one. Personally, I think I was misguided. ( And How did MJP stay free of the ole skin ink? ) But, I sure do wish i knew where Sweet Ass Anne was.

I have a whole arm (full sleeve) full of tattoos. I like em. I have one on my neck and one on my other wrist as well. Nothing Buk-related though. (Not YET.)

So, I think I'm going to get this.
I need to mess around a bit more with the type writer font because they didn't have quotes and whatnot but this is just a rough.. yeah. I wish I could find a cleaner signature from him though. And I need to decide a place for it. But yeah.
2d2fy91.jpg

yeah, they do have quotes in typewriter fonts, but they are not visually appealing. They look almost like exclamation points without the dot.

hey guys. i am getting a bukowski quote tattooed on me in a few days and i really want an authentic picture of his signature 'buk' to go with it. ca anyone help me out please!

I don't have any tatto's but I think "Bon't Try" would be fitting

No signature though-too obvious
Those that know, know and those that bon't, shouldn't

I've always wanted a tattoo that included footnotes. Sadly my frame does not support the width needed for post-modern ink. I like to attribute this to my student diet and not my habitual masturbation. Apparently, my caloric intake is stifled when gunning.

Man, I haven't visited this thread in a while. Nice to see buk tattoos are still happening! I have thought long and hard for years about a tattoo, and buk always comes back as an idea. kike's tattoo with the lil' drawing and sig often ran through my head. I just can't figure out if I really want one at all or not. But nice to see some good buk related ones on here.

I probably won't get it, but I've thought of getting a bluebird on my shoulder. I wouldn't have any words...I just don't like the idea of literary tattoos; the main point of a tattoo is aestheticism, in my opinion.

I have A LOT of tattoos.
Unsure if I'd ever get a portrait or quote from any authors. The only quote I have is from my best friend and then I have lots of other words tattooed on me.
Bukowski might change this.

Yup, it says under the picture "one more session when it heals", so he can do more shadings or what ever he thinks that it needs. The tattoo is about 20 by 20 centimetres (at collar). Well it would cost 350 euros, or 500 dollars, but he has done one more big tattoo one on my other leg so I paid 300 euros.

That's a big tattoo alright. I like the reddish shading he's used. $500 is a fair price for such a well done tattoo, I think. We have often seen tattoos of Buk here, where the likeness is not that good, but yours is one of the best I've seen, what likeness is concerned. Absolutely first class!

Last edited by a moderator:
In Serbia, as it was in former Yugoslavia, Bukowski is as important or more, than Hemingway. Out of ten randomly selected people 2-3 would have known about Bukowski.

For my third leg, I would have chosen a different tattoo. But, that's just me! :)
But, it is a nice tattoo!
If you were my boyfriend and I didn't know Bukowski, I would have serious doubts about your character!:wb:

Jennifer, you have demonstrated an impressive commitment to... something. I wonder what Buk would have thought if he had encountered girls with such tattoos. Would have made Women a slightly different book.
Did Buk mention tattoos at all? (In his writing.)

Something I'm curious about forum wise. Anyone who posts with their own personal picture as their avatar (that is a pic of themselves) never sticks around. I've noticed this time and time again. Why is that?

Very nice Jennifer. But then I'm always a sucker for a naked nubile on a Sunday morning. :eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back