Bukowski tattoos (1 Viewer)

I must be getting old, it took me a minute to figure out just what part of Miss Jennifer I was looking at there.

Anyone who posts with their own personal picture as their avatar (that is a pic of themselves) never sticks around. Why is that?
That does seem to hold true, doesn't it.

You could be the first to break that trend. Go for it. Be a man (assuming you are a man, sorry to assume, who knows, you won't put a picture of yourself up...).

I would use a picture of myself, but I know all you bitches would be jealous and make catty remarks and try to hurt my feelings.

How can you not be jealous of his beautiful long hair?

mjp.jpg

I think it's all my fault. I called Jennifer a whore, only because she called herself whore-ish. it was a joke. I never call a woman a whore unless they ask me to. or if I pay them for sex. but I don't really have a lot of money, so it's mostly if they ask me to call them a whore. confused? me too.

so, Jennifer, if you come back, I don't have a lot of money so I can't pay you for sex. the only way I can call you whore is if you ask me to. all clear? boundaries set? yes?

good. we're all Fonzie here.

Ugly isn't an individual choice, it's just ugly. Bad art is bad art, and saying it's a bad choice isn't judgement, it's a statement of the obvious.

Glad I could clear that up for you.

This may be really delayed, but I've got a Bukowski tattoo. I think tattoos are extremely personal and can't be judged objectively..but anyway, my tattoo is from the poem, "the happy life of the tired". This particular poem has always struck a chord with me. To me, it's always been about the little things in life that drive you mad, the accumulation of a lifetime of little tragedies.

Untitled-1.jpg

Untitled-1.jpg

(this is backwards because of photobooth).

Now hoochy, remember, it is better to light one stick of dynamite than to curse the backwardness.
Wow, I haven't heard that in years, well not that but the original which played on TV in the 60s in North Dakota, It is better to light one candle, than to curse the darkness. But yes, I like the way you wrote that.
Personally, I hate things written in a spiral so you have to turn it round and round to read it like some girls would do on your Jr. High yearbook. Having that on a girls back I think of myself having to spin that girl around naked in order to read it and that is really touching on adultery or some other mortal sin. But it is a nice line.

Personally, I hate things written in a spiral so you have to turn it round and round to read it like some girls would do on your Jr. High yearbook. Having that on a girls back I think of myself having to spin that girl around naked in order to read it and that is really touching on adultery or some other mortal sin. But it is a nice line.
.....what an awkward thing to say. It's pretty easy to read it without spinning me around. That might have more to do with your eyes or your visual-spatial skills...

back tattoos on women usually have me thinking that it's sex related (unless it says RIP NANA etc.) Like Stav said, something to look at when doing it like my dogs bam bam and pebbles do. call me closed minded. I usually don't conciously think that but it always gives me the impression.

Usually women have something sexier than a buk quote with the words hemingway and spain so in your case I do just think you wanted the tattoo and you wanted it on your back.

Lower back tattoos maybe, those are pretty brazenly sexual. The whole tramp stamp idea. Guess I've just never thought of someone's back as a suggestive location. It was actually supposed to be on the back of my neck so it would be pretty hard to see but apparently my neck isn't big enough.

I grew up with a girl who decided to tattoo "daddy's little girl" as a tramp stamp and didn't even mean it sexually, she was just an idiot. Most awkward tattoo ever.

i wonder how many women realize when they post tattoos here that the majority of people that see it are crusty middle aged men...

of course, justine will tell you it's not the worst place to find a husband.

Looks like awkward is the word for the week. I'm not crusty now that my psoriasis has been cured temporarily but I am very old.

I saw a TV show about Russian gangsters in prison and tattoos on their backs...enough said. No tacky insults intended here it's mostly about preconceived ideas and prejudices. Sunonthecarpet has a nice tattoo, tasteful.

i wonder how many women realize when they post tattoos here that the majority of people that see it are crusty middle aged men...

I figured that much, but doesn't it give you hope that precisely 2 young women love Bukowski enough to get tattoos of his work?

marina:

majestic, magic​
infinite​
my little girl is​
sun​
on the carpet"”​
out the door​
picking a​
flower, ha!,​
an old man,​
battle-wrecked,​
emerges from his​