"Bunny I love you" (1 Viewer)

Jesus this has been eating away at my brain for days. Someone help me out here. Is there a poem about some guy at a pay phone? or maybe a written letter? God I can't remember. Anyway, it's very particular, someone is called bunny. Bunny, I love you. Something.

Is this too vague? Help

(For some reason I think this might be in house of leaves but the word bunny isn't listed in the index so I'm not sure anymore.)

Google says, "House of Leaves is the debut novel by the American author Mark Z. Danielewski..."

Danielewski and Bukowski both end in ski, but other than that I think you have the wrong forum.

I'm fully aware what house of leaves is, I included that mostly as an aside.

I'm still asking if that is anywhere in a bukowski poem, there really is no need for snark.

there really is no need for snark.
And here I thought I was being nice.

I think this calls for a riddle, kind of a variation on the "tree falling in the woods with no one there to hear it" thing:

If a man has an opinion, and a woman isn't there to hear it, is he still wrong?

Bunny in Bukowski's novels:
Tammie had been voted Miss Sunny Bunny at the Orange County Fair in 1973.
Women, chapter 44

“I’ve been a consultant for Darby Evans for some years now. You heard of him, he’s a screenwriter.”
“I don’t go to movies.”
“He wrote The Bunny That Hopped Into Heaven; Waffles with Lulu; Terror in the Zoo. He’s easily into six figures. And, he’s a Corporation.”
Hollywood, chapter 8

not sure this is what you're looking for, since there is no mention of 'Bunny'
but the first thing that came to mind was:

he was on the hall telephone
saying, "darling, if you don't
come back to me, I'm going
to kill myself!
I swear it!"

'New York, New York' from Slouching Toward Nirvana.

I searched the PDFs of Bukowski's poetry collections I have and the only time he wrote "bunny" was in a poem called The Big Ride in The Last Night of the Earth Poems:

o_0o
Apparently not the Bunny you're looking for.

I guess it's not from a Bukowski poem. Thank you for looking!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back