Charles Plymell and Grant Hart (1 Viewer)

I wondered if Grant Hart was that Grant Hart. I only knew (of) him thorugh his Husker Du work.
Is this typical of him?
I know we've iscussed a bit in other threads but for the record-it's my opinion New Day Rising was one of the single greatest albums released. It still defies explanation.

Grant is a weird, creative dude. I really don't know what's typical of him.

Last time I spoke to him Husker Du was opening for Johnny Thunders and Wayne Kramer's short-lived band Gang War at First Avenue in Minneapolis. As I was walking through the parking lot behind the club, I saw Grant sitting there pounding on some shitty old piece of drum hardware with a rock ("fixing" it, I assume). I said, "Grant! What's the good word?" He smiled and said, "It's a beautiful day and I'm happy to be living in it!"

Ha. Very punk rock, yeah? ;) All those guys in Husker Du were like that though. There was a little hippie left in all the early punks, whether they wanted to admit to it or not.

He had a pretty serious drug habit at one point, and a lot of people wrote him off as a soon-to-be-casualty. So I'm glad to see that he's still alive and enjoying the beautiful days.

husker.jpg

William S. Burroughs, Greg Norton, John Giorno,
Bob Mould, Grant Hart

Thanks for the info MJP and the photo!
For all the kicks drugs were purported to bring I think-I know-they have done more harm.
It's good to see he's making it through.

Ah, Hampshire College, what a few lovely days I spent there thirty plus years ago. Had two friends that attended, but I made a turn down another road...

Good to see that some things endure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back