David Barker - Death at the Flea Circus from BoSP (2 Viewers)

Great photos, Bill. The Bureau edition is even more impressive when you see it up close and notice all the details, like the letter-pressed imprints on the back of the Carte de Viste photographs. Bill went all out on this one. I still want to post a few shots of some of the items up close, and would have done so already had my life not been off-the-charts nuts the past few weeks.

Thanks. Bill gets all the create for the beauty of it. He has an amazing book designing mind. I can't imagine any other publisher bringing this novel to life the way Bill has. It is the optimal edition, whether the Bureau, the hardcover, or the humble paperback. The design is perfectly suited to the text. Bill grabbed the story and ran with it.

I think this is my favorite of the little paintings you did for the bureau. Looks fantastic !

100_9509.jpg

I just varnished five paintings, including the Compass. One painting, the tube of Score hair cream, is still drying. Stubborn red painting.

This is a knock out clamshell. It really is incredible looking !

Thanks. That was a tough one to draw, with all the concentric circles at an angle, in perspective. I did it freehand (a mistake), from life. That's an antique compass my dad owned. I later sold the compass on eBay. It's probably from the early to mid 1800s. Doings these 10 paintings was huge fun. I hadn't painted with oils for years. I like the slow drying of oil -- it makes you think more between layers, with a better final result.

yes, that one is my favorite too. That is the one that I have in my bureau set. I tried to buy the compass on ebay to include in my bureau, but got outbid...

Oops. Sorry Bill. I would have sold it to you instead of eBaying it, had I known.

That sentence structure could be useful in many situations:

I would have ______ instead of ______, had I known.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back