• If you start a thread here you have permission to edit the thread and your posts indefinitely. So if the status of your sale or auction changes, please come back and update the thread.

Expensive BSP CD (1 Viewer)

hank solo

Just practicin' steps and keepin' outta the fights
Reaper Crew
Founding member
There's a copy of the Black Sparrow CD "Bukowski Reads His Poetry" on ebay for $225.00 USD.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270201816266

There's also one on Abebooks for the same price.

Anyone have an idea where this price has come from? I recently picked this up brand new sealed for about $12 USD.

Maybe I'll pick up a few more :D

I'm reminded of when the 'At Terror Street...' CD was selling for silly amounts too.

-

I know that the Takoma CD of the same name has different tracks. I don't have that one. As far as I know its the same recording as that on 'Poems and Insults'. I know its from the same City Lights reading. Anyone want to comment on the quality of the Takoma disc?

I bought that exact BSP CD together with the CD "At Terror Street..." in a local bookshop some years ago. When I came home and listened to them I found out that all the tracks on the BSP CD was lifted from "At Terror Street..."! So, I had to go back to the shop and and get a Buk book instead of the BSP CD. I can't fathom that it should be worth $225. I guess I should have kept it...:D

Last edited by a moderator:
anybody have any of these? like more than one, or know where I can get one. CERTAINLY this price isn't correct.

no cd can be worth 225 dollars.

I'm confused.. are these that rare? why havn't any of these been seen before, what with all the Buk cd's that have been on e-bay for years?

It would be better to buy the double CD "At Terror Street..." and get all the tracks, instead of buying the BSP CD. Of course, "At Terror Street..." is sold out but you should be able to get a copy somewhere for less than the $225 they want for the BSP CD. Why settle for only half the tracks?

They do turn up on ebay quite often. My copy was from ebay. Under $12.00 USD, last summer.

So maybe don't rush out an spend $200 +

well see, I know its only half the tracks...but i've never even heard of Black Sparrow pressing cds. How did I not know about this till now?

i want it.

me too... (ithink) but I'm still a bit confused are the ones you folks scored on e-bay BSP,s?

I have the BSP CD, as featured in the oh so expensive ebay listing above. As I said, I got it last summer from ebay, unused and sealed for under $12.00.

The exact same CD - track wise - was included with the Black Sparrow publication 'Heat Wave'. It may have featured a different label and art work - I haven't seen it. We've discussed that HERE

And, as others have stated, the source recordings used for the BSP CD are those made by Bukowski for Barry Miles that eventually were released as 'At Terror Street and Agony Way' by a label called King Mob. Sleeve notes and info HERE

I only need a couple more cds and i'll have em all. the black sparrow one and the @ terror st. is the other.
i don't really know where to look other than ebay.

The CD I see on Amazon and other places for a realistic price has a different track list from the CD on eBay and abebooks.com. But let me know if a copy of the CD listed on eBay can be had for $15 elsewhere online--I can't find it at that price.

Yes, the other one is the Takoma CD. That one was also out on vinyl. Its the same reading as that on 'Poems and Insults'.

The BSP one crops up on ebay every so often at a realistic price so just keep looking. I doubt it was particularly limited??

And as others have stated, unless you are a completest, if you just want to hear the poems, look out for the 'At Terror Street...' CD which has all of the same tracks and many more and is from the same original recordings as used on the BSP disc.

What a jerk! A "personal" copy, he writes, and "I'm requiring insurance on this which increases the shipping costs". Good thing to require insurance on such a rarity...:rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back