FIFA World Cup 2010 South Africa (3 Viewers)

YEAHAWWW ! England and USA ......
And Germany gets to play England , that`s the best WM match ever for all footballfans !
Both are my favourite teams , but they are not playing good matches at the time and showed his brilliance playing on the field .
And when it gets to Argentina , both have no chance !

World Cup's picking up.

Come on DPR Korea! Even though they're out, I'd like to see them beat Cote D'ivorie.

I think it's gonnae be Argentina or Brazil that win it.

England's 'gonna make it today, Germany doesn't have a good forward. Podolski and Klose are weak and Gomez can't do much more than carrying his hairband for a stroll.

Ah - reverse psychology... Very good.

1st German goal, some of Beckenbauer's favoured kick and rush football, coupled with some weak defending.
2nd German goal, shocking defending and some classy play between Klose, Mueller and Podolski.

Oh ... and while I'm writing this it should be 2-2 suddenly. What a stupid game football is.

I'm okay with the euphoria of football fanatics, though I will never understand why millions go loco at this sport and they don't when it's tabletennis or bobskiing or boxing etc; the mass hysteria remains a mystical phenomena to me.

But this year, to be more precise, this very moment, I would really love to throw bricks at those stupid motherfuckers' cars HONKING cruising up and down the streets and ram everbodys vuvuzela down their throats.

It's not that I'm feeling annoyed, I have to work on my mean intolerant personality instead.

Two days of bitter, unadulterated fuck me. Congrats to Germany!

.... the mass hysteria remains a mystical phenomena to me.

Those public displays of madness have always bemused me. How dare they be so public with that nonsense? I keep my mania behind closed doors. I scream, throw shit, curse everyone from The Jetsons to Zeus's manicurist and self-inflict all sort of minor injury. To the world at large I'm Clark Kent but in private I'm HysteriaMan.

This year, my team isn't playing. So I don't watch.

TNT-vs-UK_2006.jpg

David Blaine was said to be in tears today
as his record of doing Fuck all in a box for 42 days was beaten by Wayne Rooney.....

what i like about football games between germany and england is that there ist absolutely no poisonous or unfair behavior in it, no matter how dramatic or important the game is. it's like "ok, we are two civilized nations, we're going to have a football game now. it may become dramatic, but afterwards we might drink some pints together at the next pub" ;)

I've tried in years past to get into soccer, and thought Marco Materazzi was cool back in the day. But now, I really think the best thing about soccer, that ever existed was Bono's commercial for the 2006 world cup. I don't know why I like it, but I do.

[This video is unavailable.]

Then again, the easy victory against Argentina could mean dangerous overconfidence in the next match.

Yes, the players should not read the 'bildzeitung' (comparable with 'the sun' in the U.K.). todays headline there: THIS IS THE WAY WE WILL GET THE WORLD CUP TITLE! (click it, if you like to see a trashy newspaper front page)

Might be the same in other countries. I read readers comments in 'the guardian', many blamed the british media & rupert murdoch for overrating the english team there.

I took a chance when the Netherlands won their quarter final against Brazil and booked up to go to Amsterdam for this weekend so me and my good lady will be there cheering on the Dutch on Sunday. Can't wait.

I'm not fond of crowds but if you like to be in the middle of a big party
go to het Museumplein sunday evening, they expect 100.000 supporters.
Or more. Plenty of beer & joints.

Ponder you guys have to get pass Spain first. Remember, they are the European champs - and boy they are crafty (dirty - didn't say that). Assuming you are for - Germany?

I'm referring to the final of sunday evening, Bill.
The big party starts before and during the world cup final.

No- why should I favor Germany? Both Spain and Germany are very good teams.

[...] Both Spain and Germany are very good teams.

I dunno about their teams, but both countries have a great city, where you can easily enjoy yourself: Bamberg and Santander. (of course this doesn't mean, that there might not be other nice cities too.)
Well worth a visit anytime!

So, now it's Spain and the Netherlands in the final on Sunday! Who's gonna win, you think?

Last edited by a moderator:
It looks like Spain are the favorites, but you never know what can happen during a game. One thing is for sure, it's gonna be a very exiting game!

I'm sorry to say it for any Dutch supporters out there, but I don't see any way through that Spainish midfield. Especially not with 3 attackers & Kuyt helping out occasionally. Spain's tactics are too solid, I'm afraid. And they'll possess the ball indefinitely, then get 1 goal--like they always do. 2 if they convert a counterattack to salt it away.

However, if the Dutch can convert an early set piece and take the lead it'll be a much better game to watch.

Otherwise the final will be another tense, strangling affair like Spain-Germany was.

Well, with not much else to do, I watched 99% of that game. I just don't get it? Don't get anything about how that could be considered exciting? I've been to Spain, so I guess somehow I was rooting for them, but dammit, that was sooooooooo boring! I don't get all the extra-time either? They say 2 minutes of extra time, but give them like 4 minutes? I think an entire over haul of the rules could make the game more exciting, but really, for the championship of the world to last nearly 4 hours and end 1-0? Just don't get it. No one would ever say a Superbowl that ended 7-0 was exciting? Or a basketball game that ended 2-0 was exciting? Well, anyway, yay Spain!

It's the same here in europe. People wonder what's so exciting about watching men wearing helmets and tight trousers hunting a funny egg and jostle against each other ;)

It would've been more exciting if both the Netherlands and Spain had made some goals earlier on, I think, but it does'nt always work that way. At least, the extra time did'nt end in 0-0, because then they would've had to find a winner through a penalty kicks competition, which certainly is a last resort, but not a great way to end a World Championships final.

but really, for the championship of the world to last nearly 4 hours and end 1-0?

4 hours? 2 X 45 min., plus, 2 X 15 min. in extra time, is only 2 hours.

I enjoyed it too! It was a great time for Spain to get their goal just before the game was about to end. There wasn't enough time left for the Netherlands to do anything about it.

They say on TV today, they never saw such a rough final before. The Netherlands were playing a very rough game. The referee was too kind giving out 16-17 yellow cards, when he should have given out some more red cards too, according to the TV commentators, that is.
Anyway, it sure was an exciting game!

It's the same here in europe. People wonder what's so exciting about watching men wearing helmets and tight trousers hunting a funny egg and jostle against each other ;)

Hunting a funny egg? Are you referring to football? Come on, who doesn't want to watch men in tight trousers! Geez!

and sorry Buk, it seemed to last much longer.

The finals, combined with a case of good beer and salty chips will bring out a little patriotism in anyone. If your team happens to win, whatever is going on, I bet, makes life a little brighter. You put down your undigested suicidal cud for a couple of hours and things seem okay, somewhere... Works sometimes! (wink)
Golf is the only one that numbs me, certain shades of green trouble me somehow.

Ha, ha, great movie! Everyone at work talked daily about how good this U.S team was, etc. But I still couldn't find a way to root, or get behind them. But I know I'm a lone ranger on this one, I mean it is the most popular sport in the world, so there is obviously an appeal beyond my ability to grasp? I've been dragged to a few L.A. Galaxy games, about 7 over the last few years(yes, yes because of Beckham, but because SHE wanted to go, not me) and as anything, it always seemed more fun in person. I remember going to my first hockey game at the Forum to see the Kings. I came away from it telling anyone who would listen hockey was absolutely the most fascinating and enjoyable sport ever invented. I don't know why, it just had some sort of power live that I could not describe. However, lets put it this way, that must been sometime in the 80's and it was the only hockey game I ever went to in my life! Not sure what my point was there, except that most sports are more enjoyable live, but that's another topic.

Lady gaga...? According to American tween - yes. Not the same dude - you have to grow-up and live in Europe or the South America to understand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back