FIFA World Cup 2010 South Africa (1 Viewer)

hank solo

Just practicin' steps and keepin' outta the fights
Reaper Crew
Founding member
England were rubbish today. Well done Tim Howard in goal for the US. So far all of the games have been quite poor. Must be the new ball. Stupid game anyway.

We (England) are a second tier International Team, don't let the hype around the Premier League fool you. I'd go as far as saying England and the US are on equal terms as far as International Football goes. I'm happy with the draw.

Four zero against Australia yesterday. I don't give a fuck about football/soccer, but the people here (the real Saarlanders, I'm an alien) are patriotic like nuts. The German flag hangs out of the windows, is across the car hood and clipped at the car roof - sometimes five small flags on each side! - , and the motorbike helmets wear silly black/red/golden mohicans you can glue to the helmet or however the fuck they're fixed.

My ex and I are making fun out of this overkill of Deutschland flags and are yelling Schland! everytime we see one. It's become kind of a laughable competition, who counts the most flags wins and of course you have to yell Schland! when you see a flag. On a five minutes car ride you see about fourty flags; we have the windows closed and the air conditioning on.

Yesterday, I attended an Eiffel gig and between two songs, the leader of the band alluded to that damned world cup and said "sorry guys but we're into rugby" and then began an ode to this sport and dedicated the next song to a famous rugby player. That was fuckin' great.

In the place where I work, they're going to put up a wide screen in a meeting room and we are all invited to come and see France vs South Africa on next Tuesday, 4 pm. That is fuckin' lolilol.

Football makes me literally puke. Footballers seem to be the most stupid and the ugliest creatures in the world.

But there is at least one player who happens to be both handsome and well-read. And of course, he's French:

http://souklaye.files.wordpress.com/2009/05/franck-ribery.jpg

Franck Ribéry, what else?

Last edited by a moderator:
My ex and I are making fun out of this overkill of Deutschland flags and are yelling Schland! everytime we see one. It's become kind of a laughable competition, who counts the most flags wins and of course you have to yell Schland! when you see a flag. On a five minutes car ride you see about fourty flags; we have the windows closed and the air conditioning on.

Hehe, Schland! is a good one!

It's even on the trains. "And now, for our soccer-fans, Germany is ahead 2:0!!!" People sitting in flocks outside on the streets with their tv-sets on, yelling and cursing.

I never understood it, not even in school. I mean it's eleven idiots on each side, running after one ball.

What is there to get so excited?

I want to watch the german footballmatch by a friend and his wife with whiskey and beer . At twenty minutes later as the match began , the bell rings and a woman comes to the door . She was a friend of both.
Never see her before , she looks very nice , so fuck the match......

tres judgmental, ambreen. quelle deception...
Nobody's perfect. Except you.

He`s playing in Germany by "Bayern Munich" , still Ribery is one of our heroes !
Yes, I know this. And his car accident, and his conversion to Islam, and his ugly wife Wahiba, and the scandal with the ugly under-aged prostitute, and so on. My ex was mad about football and I loved him so strongly that I overcame my disgust and tried to show interest for all the shitty things he was fond of. I cast a glance at the football pages in the newspapers! I remember I was even ready to attend a match with him, what he fortunately never asked me to do. I swear I will never do again such extreme things for a mere guy.

I never understood it, not even in school. I mean it's eleven idiots on each side, running after one ball.
The guy sharing my office thinks the same; and like you, he's a Buk fan. Here are two eligible men.
But "idiots" is still too nice for them.

Of course, I didn't want to infer that all soccer-players are idiots or that you have to be one to play or like soccer. It's okay, I mean, what the hell. It's a sport and an industry. I like to watch some kids kicking the ball in some backyard and having fun with it, as long as I don't have to attend.

But I simply hate the hype, the mass-hysteria and the fact that simply everybody is an expert on the subject around here and, what's worse, will spill his expertise unasked in your ear at every chance you give him. I am simply ignorant and now nothing about it and whenever anybody starts to get excited on the subject, I wait for it to pass like a cough attack so that we can go on doing what we were doing before it started.

Also I don't get the identification with one team up to the point of losing your own identity, grown men breaking down and crying and punching themselves in the faces when their fucking club or whatever loses against the "enemy". Waving little colored flags, wearing caps, all that.

It's the sport in Austria, and that makes it the stupidest. Next comes skiing.

Did anyone else hear the VERY embarassing 'shout out' to the England team by David Cameron? Went someting along the lines of "whaaay c'mon England!". Nothing worse than a toff trying to converse with us peasants. I almost expected him to say "whaaay c'mon England, score lots of tries!".

Football died in England in the 70's when it stopped being a refuge for all the working class hooligans and turned into the boring middle class corporate garbage we have today

Hey DarrenH ! The first nation was England that play football , the oldest stadium in the world for football is in England called Deepdale. I`m german and not an obsession fan of football , but the premier liga of England is the the best liga in europe.
Okay I don`t live in England and have no view of it since the 70`s.
But i wish that England makes it to the final and than vs. germany , maybee argentina .

Yay Cowboy! Go England! (If only...)

If England fail to beat Algeria by at least 2 goals then I don't know ...
will surely beat Slovenia?

I'm glad that freaky Franck and his mob lost to Mexico.

Mexico is the outsider of this soccer cup and they plays like the devil burns they`re ass. They got`s the best team ever .
England make it, i hope still !
And US beat Slovenia , what a question !
The french team sucks today !

USA should have beat Slovenia - just - in the end. England failed to beat Algeria. What a piss poor shower of shit.

Yeah, it was pretty bad. And Capello puts €8.000.000 per year in his jacket pocket.
He let Roony play on"the "10" position, Gerrard and co. totally uninspired.
Bad coach - Bad team.

Germany lost as well and the other day Spain got beaten by the Swiss. What's next,
Holland will lose to Japan tomorrow?

Argentina is the exception, but they would be able to play without their "coach" . . .

Holy shit !
The german team without ideas and luck and to many cards for both teams .
The england team without everything.....speekless , wish the last 30 minutes Algeria get a goal !

This World Cup is the worse advertisement for Association Football ever...

Yes and Blatter too!. The 1/8 and 1 the 1/4 finals will be better.
I'm an optimist...

i posted my last post to get a reaction not a pat on the fukin back, i have been all over europe as a "english football fan " fuk u all

replying to my own post but this is a charles bukowski forum i am sure he would see the beauty in the swinging fist rather than the scene of brotherly love
If u don't like my attitude jamm it up your ass , i guess this post could also appear in the post drunk section after 6 pints of magners and 5 of stella and the nite is stillfull of possibilities

Yep, that was definitely my best post ever. I figured I owed that to you after your succinct, well thought out and articulate post.

England were piss poor tonight full stop. still got a game to go though so will see what happens as its anyones group! christ DarrenH relax pal,you have been here around the same time i have, no need to piss people off........yet!

A big shame on the French """"""""""team"""""""""". A pathetic bunch of spoilt little thugs who dug their own grave.

How old are these dickheads? 3? 5?

I raise not my glass, but my mid finger to them.

Germany has won 1:0 against Ghana - honking fests, firecrackers, Ole Ole Ole singalongs and 120 decibel vuvuzelas, of course.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back