French website with lots of rare pics of Bukowski (1 Viewer)

Johannes

Founding member
--> http://charlesbukowski.free.fr/photographies.html

bukowski000.1.1.jpg

buk_et_son_editeur_john_web2.1.gif

bukowski003.11.21.jpg

bukowski_bob_hare1.1.jpg

bukowski003.11.31.gif

bukowski_1971_0.1.jpg

bukowski_1971_5.1.jpg

bukowski022.1.jpg

bukowski051.1.jpg

bukowski053.71.jpg

bukowski_vehicule1.1.jpg

bukowski069.301.jpg

bukowski069.311.jpg

bukowski0669.111.21.jpg

bukowski069.111.31.jpg

bukowski069.111.51.jpg

bukowski069.111.71.gif

bukowski069.191.21.jpg

bukowski073.41.jpg

bukowski075.11.jpg

bukowski102.1.jpg

bukowski076.1.jpg

bukowski093.11.jpg

bukowski069.191.41.jpg

bukowski_devant_magasin1.1.jpg

bukowski069.111.01.jpg

barfly021.1.jpg

barfly019.1.jpg

barfly020.1.jpg

Nice find, Johannes! Thanks a lot...

Btw, speaking of pictures, does anyone remember where the pictures of Buk holding a cane, Buk with a shopping cart, etc. are located in the forum?
I've been searching for them for a while but I can't seem to find them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Btw, speaking of pictures, does anyone remember where the pictures of Buk holding a cane, Buk with a shopping cart, etc. are located in the forum?
Thread: more rare Buk-pics

(although the photo server 'medienhaufen.de' used in roni's first post seems to be offline now...)

Thanks a lot, hank solo! - It looks like some of the pics are on Roni's server. Maybe he could get persuaded to open the server again for a short while (are you listening, Roni? ;)).
Anyway, some of the pics are posted in the thread, so that's great (I lost all my Buk pics, which I collect, when my old computer died two months ago, so now I'm back to square one)!

Thanks, Johannes, for this wonderful find. Surprised at the lawn mower pic - wouldn't think Buk would go any where near one of those the rest of his life.

That mower has some horse power.

Thank you Johannes, again. Some look familiar but mostly new to my eyes. A few of those photos are intriguing.
It may be obvious and I'm being dull today but who is the older man in the 2nd photo and the man in the 4th?

The older man in the 2nd is Jon Webb. The one in the 4th I don't know, but the subtitle on the French page tells me it is "Bob Hare".

I'm especially wondering what the hell he is doing here

bukowski069.301.jpg

and here

bukowski069.311.jpg

Dancing? Acting? Getting ready to attack the photographer?

While this one is rather obvious:

bukowski069.191.21.jpg

He's preparing himself for his appearance in Bernard Pivots 'Apostrophes'.

Yep, that's John Thomas. Interesting he touches his forehead in the exact same way he did Artaud's shrink when he exited Apostrophes!

Thanks Johannes!
Lots of well knows pics but also many new ones. And all gathered in one place!

I'm especially wondering what the hell he is doing here

looks like he's being the Silver Surfer.

SilverSurfer.gif
bukowski069.311.jpg

(although the photo server 'medienhaufen.de' used in roni's first post seems to be offline now...)

yeah, sorry, medienhaufen is off. I'll upload the pics to bukowski-gesellschaft and the mods can change the old links.

Buk mowing the lawn made me smile - and cringe too, if you know what I mean...
TAKKER!

That's Tina Darby, a neighbor of Bukowski's at the time.

Great pictures, on this and the other linked pages. I thought that looked like John Thomas getting the forehead treatment. In the Silver Surfer pose, my guess is he's getting ready to pounce on the photographer and shove the camera down his throat.

Cool Roni, I went out and bought a Jerry Lee Lewis album after seeing the movie. Thankfully I never could find the shoes Jessie wore-but I looked.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back