Getting new tatoo, need some assistance. (1 Viewer)

I am going to get a bukowski tatoo that says "Don't Try", but i need a sign, symbol, picture, artwork or something of that sort to go with it. Any one have any ideas?

all joking aside, how about one of these guys?
scan0015-1.jpg

hey you can try my avatar :D

The logo represented an amalgamation of several "icons of authority" including the Christian Cross, the swastika and the Union Flag combined with a two headed snake consuming itself (to symbolise the idea that power will eventually destroy / generate itself)

click the Bon't Try link above. it's just a really bad tattoo (owner unknown?) that i actually kinda like. other than the bon't try part...

Bon't try, indeed.

I am going to get a bukowski tatoo that says "Don't Try", but i need a sign, symbol, picture, artwork or something of that sort to go with it. Any one have any ideas?

Just one:

3078925055_e3b7c34a11_o.jpg

Keep watching. . .

3078924971_479ca9a2aa_o.jpg

Presto:

3079760154_7efa7bce3c_o.jpg

--
Okay,
Father Luke

Is this tattoo from a David Barker drawing?

I'm not so sure. I've seen that design before at this Bukowski web design tribute place, www.ladiesman.bukowski.com where you (or Banksy) can download a stencil of that 'design' - I say 'design' as I'm sure this was probably created by filtering a photo with Photoshop or Fireworks or something similar, but created by someone it certainly was. That site has been there for a long time and for as long as i can remember that image has been plastered all over it. And there's an another example of a tattoo there too now. The creator of that site, also says that a skateboard company ripped-off his 'design'. Now, where did I leave my spray paints...

Well we disagree then Father Luke :)

The tattoo is from the Ladiesman (Elvis Segarich) design,
which was obviously based on the same
photograph of Bukowski
that inspired David Barker's excellent linoleum print.

Or something.

Segarich:
ladiesmanmain.gif

Barker:
BukBiblioPrintProfile.gif

[Nice work David]

They are similar and only 16 years apart :rolleyes: (David's blockprint dates from circa 1983)

I'm assuming a photograph was the inspiration but I don't know which photo though. Perhaps David has a copy of it somewhere?

Now, how about offering me a nice cup of something? :D

Here's a watercolour that David did that I believe is from the same pose:
fetch.dll

Edit:

Yes I'm familiar with David's art.

I say 'design' as I'm sure this was probably created by filtering a photo with Photoshop or Fireworks or something similar...
Exactly. Just like the bulk of the Bukowski-themed "outsider" art those painting factories - sorry, artistes! - hawk on eBay. None of this is created from the imagination, all from photos.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back