Happy Birthday MJP! (1 Viewer)

esart

esart.com
Founding member
I know he probably won't like that I started this thread, but I'm doing it anyway. It's February 4th and it's MJP's birthday. I love him, so this is what he gets, dammit!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY you crazy beast! I love you!

For this special day, I got him a signed 1st edition of Last Night of the Earth Poems. (A special thanks to Bill for helping me find it.)

And also a special thanks to Chronic for helping me not get ripped off on the other thing I almost got.

happy birthday man! if not for you there'd be no us!!!

live long and prosper.

birthday-cake-2.jpg

Happy Birthday, mjp! Have a great party, and don't get too drunk, if there is such a thing as too drunk.

Last edited by a moderator:
Happy Birthday! Only 9and a half more years and you can start withdrawals from your I.R.A. account.
By the way, always ask for a senior citizen discount, most people will just give it to you and it saves money. Also you can join AARP which saves you more on hotels and rental cars than AAA. You only need to be 50 to join. Yes, there's nothing wrong with being a cheap old man.

you can start withdrawals from your I.R.A. account.
Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!

What is that?

Oh Jesus, my IRA account - I'm still laughing...

Yes an Individual Retirement Account is that savings account tied to mutual funds or stocks that recently lost about half it's value.

I haven't exactly spent my life in IRA-friendly work situations, or demonstrating any manner of financial responsibility. But then I've never had any money to be responsible with, so it doesn't really matter. I will be working until I drop dead, and on that day I still won't have any money in the bank. I have already accepted that.

Life is short, and I got to do a lot of things that got in the way of that IRA. But I think I got the better end of the deal, honestly. I wouldn't trade my 20s and 30s for a savings account that I can start to peel money away from when I'm sixty! Throwing away your youth and banking on old age seems like a bad choice to me.

FTW.

FTW is exactly what I thought when my IRA lost half of it's value in a few months. It's now at 65% of it's 2005 value. See, this is why we have to be reminded to be happy at least once a year. Happy Birthday, until the day we die.

Well this is a little late, but happy birthday, mjp! I need to check for new posts more often. I'm sure by the time you're ready to retire, they will have fixed this bad economy worldwide economic collapse and impending apocalypse thing and the federal coffers will be overflowing with money -- good, solid money, backed with gold -- enough to cover everyone's retirement, just like in the old days. That's what I'd be telling myself if I were your age. A man's got to have hope, right?

So over.

But I kind of stopped counting after 32 or 33. When someone asks me now I have to think for a second. Do the math. Luckily I was born at the very beginning of a decade, so the math is (usually) easy.

"last night thelocal candle factory burned down, apparently all the witnesses just stood around singing happy birthday" ;)
Have a good one............

Users who are viewing this thread

Back