Help with Ham on rye (1 Viewer)

hello people out there..
I am writing about Bukowski for my englishexam. and do need som text from Ham On Rye, i read in Danish (it's very nice!) but i need some in english.
what i need i 5 - 10 where you can say that Henry is making a choise about his life.
to do it easier you can just scan the pages on the computer and mail the pictures to me..
i need it a lot, and in a bit of a hurry..

my mail is slatz1000 (@) hotmail . com

thank's a lot!
:)

i read in Danish (it's very nice!)
Hej iamlatz!
Jeg hedder Minik og jeg læser selv en del Bukowski.
Anyways, jeg kan sende dig scans hvis det er...
Hvor er du fra egentlig? Jeg skal på tour med et band senere på måneden - Hvis vi er i din by vil jeg da lige skrive dig på gæstelisten - Så kan vi lige få et par øl sammen :)
Mvh.

Minik

Hej iamlatz!
Jeg hedder Minik og jeg læser selv en del Bukowski.
Anyways, jeg kan sende dig scans hvis det er...
Hvor er du fra egentlig? Jeg skal på tour med et band senere på måneden - Hvis vi er i din by vil jeg da lige skrive dig på gæstelisten - Så kan vi lige få et par øl sammen :-)
Mvh.

Minik

Couldn't have said it better myself. Really, I couldn't.

I'll take that bet. Care to give odds?

(by the way the link actually does work, and the internet is weirder than anyone could have previously imagined :confused: )

That text version of Ham On Rye has been floating around for years, but usually in a text file, rather than on a web page (white on black, nice...so easy to read...so 1996!).

I always wondered who went to the trouble of OCR scanning that fucker. It's a lot of work fixing the OCR errors (if they have been fixed).

no matter what the odds

Surprisingly, I gather that Bukowski isn't so easy to find.

I just got an email from iamlatz. Here, I don't think iamlatz will mind if I print this:

i just started reading Bukowski, but i think he's fantastic!

sadly i've only read in danish, but i am looking foward to read Ham On Rye in its original language!

i am trying to look for books in denmark, and danish websites, but nothing is for sale...

So, I guess I won't be able to take that bet, no matter what the odds. iamlatz has spoken, and may very well be back. . .

i am back..

hello again..
i do not know who won the bet? but it's not me...
thank's for all the answers, i got the link, and now i have what i needed.
the reason that i didn't answered is that i am going a kind of a highschool, so i don't have very much time to spend on the internet..

To minik: hej. jeg hedder Simon. jeg kommer fra en lille by i jylland der hedder vejen.. men jeg går på skole i Ollerup nær ved svendborg..
hvor skal i spille? eller har i en myspace. ville da gladeligt komme forbi og høre jer og få en lille øl! det kunne være sjovt...

Simon Latz

..I think this forum is very good, people are taking everybody very serius even though you don't know me yet in this forum.

We are a lively group.
Welcome back.

And good luck with the exam.
sign0077.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back