How do YOU pray to Obama? (1 Viewer)

When Bush wasn't allowed back in anymore, comics complained that the Great Time For American Comics had come to an end for a while. Is it back? (By the way, Shiva has the 8 arms ;)).

I don't pray to presidents. I think it's rude to pray to anyone...

George Carlin said:
...And overnight, I became a sun-worshipper. Well, not overnight, you can't see the sun at night. But first thing the next morning, I became a sun-worshipper. Several reasons. First of all, I can see the sun, okay? Unlike some other gods I could mention, I can actually see the sun. I'm big on that. If I can see something, I don't know, it kind of helps the credibility along, you know? So everyday I can see the sun, as it gives me everything I need; heat, light, food, flowers in the park, reflections on the lake, an occasional skin cancer, but hey. At least there are no crucifixions, and we're not setting people on fire simply because they don't agree with us.

Sun worship is fairly simple. There's no mystery, no miracles, no pageantry, no one asks for money, there are no songs to learn, and we don't have a special building where we all gather once a week to compare clothing. And the best thing about the sun, it never tells me I'm unworthy. Doesn't tell me I'm a bad person who needs to be saved. Hasn't said an unkind word. Treats me fine. So, I worship the sun. But, I don't pray to the sun. Know why? I wouldn't presume on our friendship. It's not polite.

My devotion takes place in the smallest room in the house. The door is closed, a candle or incense is lit. The pantaloons are lowered, a brief moment of concentration, then the offering...

Now really MJP, you had to know this was coming with that sort of post???!!

Rumor has it people are stopping praying to Barack "Mr. Chance" Obama, and are starting praying to Saint Michael instead...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back