• If you start a thread here you have permission to edit the thread and your posts indefinitely. So if the status of your sale or auction changes, please come back and update the thread.

How Much are they worth, really? (1 Viewer)

Hello everyone,

I was wondering if anyone could give me any information on these two books as it seems a lot of you know a thing or two about a thing or two.

First,

The German Edition of Horsemeat?
Does anyone know how many were signed by Bukowski and Monfort?
How much does the German edition normally fetch?
I bought my copy for 300 dollars
Also,
At terror street and agony way,
I recently bought a nice copy in so so condition for 150 dollars... Did I spent too much do you think?

To tell the truth, I really just wanted to start collecting so dont know if Im on the right track...

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

there are several German editions of 'Horsemeat', but since you mentioned, they're signed, I guess you're talking about this one, right?

Horsemeat_IMG_1094b.JPG

Some of those were signed by either Bukowski alone or Bukowski & Montfort together. Hard to say how many, since the only ones I have seen were from the Montfort-estate and thus all signed. But I don't think there is an 'official' number of signed ones as with the limited, numbered firsts of the BSP books. When this German edition first came out, it wasn't meant to be a 'collector's item' and barely anyone here was aware, how rare it would become through time (as it is now).

i picked up that german edition of horsemeat on ebay, although about 5 to 7 years ago, for less than $100. it is not, however, signed. so $300 is probably a good price...
re: terror street, i'd say that $150 is a good and fair price...condition is everything though, so...

interesting couple choices for your first foray into collecting. regardless of what you paid, if you like them, then you did well. it's pretty clear your collection will be eclectic - just buy what makes you happy at a price you can afford, and you'll have something to be proud of.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back