I'm new to the forum, talk to me babies (2 Viewers)

welcome Emily.

peel slowly and see. that's a velvet underground reference, I'm not coming on to you.

enjoy the forum.

Welcome aboard, Emily!
You have the same name as Bukowski's paternal grandmother! Any relation? ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome! Boston, eh? I used to live in Andover years ago. Then moved to NM. Then moved back for a few months, to try it out again.
It was NOT a wicked good time.

Welcome! What are your favorite Bukowski works? What have you read and what do you plan to check out.

Why the banana?
banana.jpg

First of all, the banana is a work of Warhol, yes.
I am a velvet underground fan and bananas are okay i guess. Although not my favorite of the fruits.

I've read, Ham on Rye, Women, Post Office, Pulp, Hollywood, Notes of a Dirty Old Man and Hot Water Music.
I need to read Factotum, amongst most of his poetry collections.

magick stallion, love the icon, veeeery good part of the shining

I saw the Warhol written on your banana and when you get over 50 the Docs tell you to eat bananas.
I was listening to Lou Reed and TVU on Friday.

Now what kind of whiskey do you like best?

if i had money i'd buy good whiskey but as of right now my current condition of income i'm clingin' to the good ol' jack.

never apologize for drinking john daniels. it goes well with andy, and bananas. in fact, make a banana jack boat: carve out the middle of said banana, add john to the middle, and presto "” a bjb.

Glad tidings Bostonite!

I'm from the Bay State toooo...used to live in a gritty mill town, now I live in suburban Atlanta. Why?, I can't say, but them's the facts.

Bukfan,
bananas are a good source of potassium. Works a little like a diuretic, reducing retention of fluids, therefore reducing high blood pressure.;)

I see! I certainly would prefer eating bananas then, instead of taking diuretic high blood pressure reducing medicine later on. Thanks, Black Swan!

Loli: the VU-reference/Warhol-reference by hooch has a background:

the first edition of that cover had a banana you REALLY could peel - and the inside of a banana behind it.

Does it make me old that I didn't have to go to a museum, but just a record store, to peel the velvet Warhol banana?

Does it make me old that I didn't have to go to a museum, but just a record store, to peel the velvet Warhol banana?

No. Yes. Maybe.

Let me reframe that: Maybe. Yes. No.

As a sidebar, Horsebucket rocks, dude.

Read it with my little girl today; inspirational for her. She loves it. Thanks for turning my family on to such an amazing piece...

As for John Daniels, he has been a bud for a long time. Roni, no offense meant, but he works well with sticky fingers, bananas, and the Rolling Stones. Hell, just about any R&R for that matter, including my first eight-track tape ever purchased: Deep Purple/Machine Head.

Now, I'm dating myself; but wtf, just ask my wife, it's Saturday night (lol)...

Pax,

homeless mind

I saw Nico play Dingwalls in London in 85; a restrained performance, at best. But that banana record (which I was only old enough to discover ten years too late) certainly modeled my perception.

Loli: the VU-reference/Warhol-reference by hooch has a background:

the first edition of that cover had a banana you REALLY could peel - and the inside of a banana behind it.

Ahh. I should have known that... kind of like the original Sticky Fingers by the Stones, with the zipper you could actually unzip.

The Banana Is In My Soup Can

"If I was half the man...I'd take a flame thrower to this place..."

Another great line from the movie.

And as far as andy w goes (jumping back on topic somewhat), the greatest art marketer who ever lived. His house on the water in Montauk (East Hampton) was breathtaking. Lotsa Soup Cans sold to buy that bad boy...

But I still prefer Jackson Pollock "” and his grave at Green River cemetery. Very cool, if you dig burial sites... Lotsa funky peeps buried there: writers, artists, etc. Including Lee Krasner.

400px-Pollock-green.jpg

Pax,

homeless mind

little tidbit that you probably already know about Pollock's headstone: he had a large pile that he collected, I think for possible stone carvings. Lee Krasner picked a small boulder to serve as headstone.
the stone in the pic you posted is actually the second one. the first one was smaller, and Lee thought a larger one would be more appropriate. the present larger stone is not, I don't think, from the farm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back