Iron Maiden, plague or blessing? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ambreen

Sordide Sentimental
Folks;
I'm working on finding a 1987 photo. I assure you that it will be far worse than anything else here. I was bizarre looking in 1987. Picture me with a Farah Fawcett feathered-do.

It was not pretty.
It reminds me of the day I discovered with stupefaction that Bruce Dickinson had had a Carla Bruni haircut.

1985%20band%20line%20up%20-%20ross%20halfin.jpg

It was not pretty either.

That reminds me of the first time I heard Iron Maiden. That wasn't pretty either. Never got any better after that.

Oh my God! That hair! What the fuck? They were soooo foul! All those 80's rockers thought they had to do was grow long hair and it made them sexy. Excuse me while I barf!:)

Oh I enjoyed that gallop. I think they helped Metal. If you're not into heavy metal then you wont care about them and wont have anything useful to say. Iron Maiden was great...but I admit that I dont listen to them too much anymore...as metal has gotten far more extreme and challenging...pushing to the avante-garde; so in relation, maiden actually kind of sounds like pop. I put them with Judas Priest and the Scorpions...who I also like but dont listen to anymore. I do still listen to Gary Moore's Corridors of Power...a contemporary of Maiden, who could gallop nicely as well.

I put them with Judas Priest and the Scorpions...who I also like but dont listen to anymore. I do still listen to Gary Moore's Corridors of Power...a contemporary of Maiden, who could gallop nicely as well.

HEEHEE! I saw them a couple of times as well! Also Ratt, (with Bon Jovi as opening set!)- Motley Crue, Van Halen, Triumph, Journey, The Firm-twice-
God! I'll have to think about it, cause' I know there are more!CRB:)

Just as much as I love early stuff like Possessed, Death, Autopsy to name but a few and the whole deathmetal is screwing hardcore and they're having babies like the Accüsed or C.O.C. thing I fucking hate those spandex true metal dicks. Yuk!
Iron Maiden helped metal, that's true, but they also helped metal look and sound like a stupid joke.
Metal still is the scene I'm most careful about for there are just as many talented and clever people in it as there are cringe-making sounds coming from peanut butter sandwich IQs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Maiden are Maiden.

I loved "Life after Death" as a teenager. It's well produced too. Martin Birch, who also did Deep Purples "Made in Japan", was involved, if I remember correctly. So, no wonder.

I saw them live too, a couple of years ago in Munich. Some people claimed that they are soulless perfectionists and every concert sounds the same, which has something to it. But I liked it.

I didn't expect my mere post turning into a new thread ! No introduction, no discography, an unflattering photo ; that's not what I call a pretty topic
blbl.gif

Nonetheless, I owe a lot to the Irons. They introduced me to metal in general and to the New Wave of British Heavy Metal in particular, making me like it and remaining my favourite band among this movement. I find a great pleasure in listening to their old discs and am really fond of their live Rock in Rio.
I agree with you, Scribbler. Like many bands, they exhaust themselves as decades pass. I only listened to A matter of life and death one time, such it made no sense compared to the power and the melody of their former stuff and to the fierceness and noise level of current bands. But perhaps calling what they're doing now pop is quite exaggerated.

My favourite member is... EDDIE !!!
http://eddiethegreat.free.fr/

Christ! I saw Iron Maiden in concert twice. (And no, I didn't record it.)
Rock On Dudes!
You're so lucky ! They gave two gigs last summer in Paris during their "Somewhere back in time tour". The monster I was then loving planned to go at one of them and I got very enthusiastic about accompanying him but he refused, telling me that thin and weak as I was, I would be squashed during the first minutes and that he didn't want to ...baby-sit me ! No comment. I really wanted to see them before they got too old and paunchy or stop, I wonder if another occasion will ever occur :(

Oh my God! That hair! What the fuck? They were soooo foul! All those 80's rockers thought they had to do was grow long hair and it made them sexy. Excuse me while I barf!:)
But men wearing long hair DO look sexy ! Except when they adopt a Carla Bruni (or Farrah Fawcett :p ) hairstyle.

UptheIrons.gif

"Pop" makes sense to me as Maiden wasnt quite heavy enough. They rocked hard all right, but nothing like their genre-mates Manowar, who were heavier, faster, louder and more over-the-top than any of "those" types of bands (to the point that they parodied themselves). But metal split so wonderfully into so many small subgenres that one could take exactly what they personally considered "heavy" and find a band who dedicated their sound just to THAT. Rockin-out is one thing but achieving "heavy" is quite another. And this can be done in SO many ways. In all, the 3 guitars and bass formula worked for Maiden...as it worked for Molly Hatchett. But thats just good ol hard rock...Pop..if your brain needs to be pummeled, like mine, under sludge, crunch, chaos, doom, monster and robot vocals, torturous drones, satanic mumblings, and frenetic, dissonant noodlings and needlings.
A whole lot of teenagers who learned their chops playing Maiden grew up to make REAL metal. And for that I regard them very highly and will never get rid of those records.

If you're not into heavy metal then you wont care about them and wont have anything useful to say.
Fuck you. I stood in front of Black Sabbath a week before Sabotage was released (1975) and watched them play under nothing but stark white lights. No color, no "pyrotechnics." They just stood there. I swear, they barely moved. And they scared the living shit out of me. There is nothing heavier than that my brothers, and Iron Maiden was, and is, a mere shitstain in comparison. Judas Priest, Scorpions - shitstains. All these thrash death speed metal bands you guys love to talk about? Shitstains.

Sorry. But facts is facts.

Next he'll compare it to jazz. That's challenging too, right? I mean the good stuff.

What I want to hear (and yes, I realize that no one asked what I want to hear) is a great jazz band - maybe a big band - with a singer who sings in that death metal monster voice. And some shitstain with a shag haircut and a 7 string guitar playing 4,000 notes a second. In front of the big band.

That would challenge the fuck out of people.

Fuck you. I stood in front of Black Sabbath a week before Sabotage was released (1975) and watched them play under nothing but stark white lights. No color, no "pyrotechnics." They just stood there. I swear, they barely moved. And they scared the living shit out of me. There is nothing heavier than that my brothers, and Iron Maiden was, and is, a mere shitstain in comparison. Judas Priest, Scorpions - shitstains. All these thrash death speed metal bands you guys love to talk about? Shitstains.

So true.

-wt

Definitely a plague.

I enjoy the album art, but that's as far as it goes. The nights spent trying to block out the horrid wailing noises from my brothers room while he played his Maiden albums has scarred my ears for life.

C'mon, you're talking like and old guy, dredging up recollections ("you whippersnappers wouldn't know heavy if it bit you in the ass"). 1975? Jesus, so much has happened since then that you've missed. Theres no point in dropping names to you, you've already decided that the FIRST heavy band was the ONLY one....sheeesh.
Believe me, when you're our age, you're missing plenty of the good stuff. We old farts spend all our time ranting about the old days. Ask Post Toxic whats heavy...HE knows. I'd love to pick his brain...because I enjoy that style of music.
Of course I love the metal standards...I cared about heavy music my whole life...but there might be a band out there called The Shitstains that is taking their version of heavy in a surprising direction. And it might feel heavier by the virtue of its freshness (or by the assault of its more recently Pungent Stench).

If you are going to talk absolute nonsense, can you at least have the courtesy to make your text white like this so I can more easily ignore your crap.

You and post toxic should start a band called the Shitstains.

Now I'd like to hear that!

Not really.

What I want to hear (and yes, I realize that no one asked what I want to hear) is a great jazz band - maybe a big band - with a singer who sings in that death metal monster voice. And some shitstain with a shag haircut and a 7 string guitar playing 4,000 notes a second. In front of the big band.

with a KFC bucket on his head and a sock on his dick...

If you are going to talk absolute nonsense, can you at least have the courtesy to make your text white like this so I can more easily ignore your crap.
"Courtesy" do we do that here?
The Shitstains, yes indeed. Me and Post Toxic and Homeless Mind. I get to be Lemmy. We'll gladly rumble your guts, send you screaming for the shitter, give you a new reason to live. "1 - 2 - 3 - 4 ....5" (The Shitstains always start on 5 and we count REALLY slow. SCARY slow).

I get to be Lemmy.
Don't you mean, I LEMMY? Nice '70's reference there though. C'mon, you're talking like and old guy, dredging up recollections.

1975? Jesus, so much has happened since then that you've missed.
I haven't missed anything, dumbass. I have rejected it as inferior, which it is. Go cry into your Star Wars pillow. The truth is painful.

Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, UFO, et al, is fluffy cotton candy rock for bored suburban boys who aren't old enough to drive yet (and don't have the balls to steal a car and drive anyway).

Death Knell, Arockalypse, Rotten Flesh Grinder, KILLMAN, Doom Torture and all those other scary monster voice bands (I had to make those names up and they are still better than the real ones) are twenty-first century cabaret for dimwits and closet queens who scribble endlessly on their MySpace pages about how evil they are and how they're going to wreak havok on the world. When they're old enough to drive.

So yeah, fuck you. Genius of your Elizabethan self. You're just a punch line, but you're too enamored with your reflection to realize it. Rock on, Magoo.

Ask Post Toxic whats heavy...HE knows.
That's the only funny thing you've ever typed here. The only advice I'd ask toxic post for is how to be a moron. You accurately identified the third wheel of the idiot tricycle here though, kudos for that.

Little River Band is heavy. Play them back to back with some Starland Vocal Band, suck down a quart of warm goat's milk and you've got sustenance and inspiration for your artistic emblashimentortations until you collapse, spent, in front of the History channel with your dick in your hand and a satisfied smile on your face. Try it.

I will listen to Otis Redding while drinking warm goat's milk and fucking Iron Maiden with the dick in the hand watching History Channel. Every night!

Two rubbers ? What for ?

After having turned my post into a topic, you have turned this latter into a place where you're provoking and taking out on Maiden's fans.
If I had stayed in good terms with the one who didn't let me accompany him to the gig, I would have shown him the thread and he would have severely beaten you up, mjp
langue.gif

If I had stayed in good terms with the one who didn't let me accompany him to the gig, I would have shown him the thread and he would have severely beaten you up, mjp
langue.gif

mjp has arms like Popeye. Well, only his right arm is like that. The left is normal size.

You know....

Bill

I will make lustful advances on all Iron Maidens drinking the goat's milk, listening to Otis Dredding and placing two rubbers with the hand on my dick.

Every night!

I thought Iron Maiden was funny.
Their songs literally made me laugh.

I liked the name though. What a horrible invention.

A French man? what would he do, club me with a baguette? Blow cigarette smoke in my face? Surrender his city to me?

The French are a lot of things, frightening is not one of them. You make decent wine, terrible pop music, about 20% of your women are beautiful, and your men all look like garden gnomes in expensive Hermes slippers. Please.

Once when I was in Paris I accidentally bumped into a French man on the Metro and said, "pardonnez moi," and he just turned toward the wall, pissed his pants and wept quietly into his Le Monde.

Last edited:
A French man? what would he do, club me with a baguette? Blow cigarette smoke in my face? Surrender his city to me?

Funniest thing I've read all year. Had I been drinking milk it would have sprayed out my nose and all over my keyboard and monitor.

Thank you.

I laughed too.

What I meant is that he would have beaten you up within the thread, with his terrible insults compared to which yours are similar to a teen I-Phone owner ( ;) ). He becomes verbally mad when someone pitches without reasons into one of his favourite bands. Especially when drunk.

As well as all of your fellow citizens don't look like obese rednecks, all French men don't look like how you've portrayed them, metal lovers above all. Those waddling in expensive clothes are faggots. He's everything but a faggot, with his very long hair, his Metallica t-shirts and his worn out pants.
...I'm defending him now, how nonsensical thing you make me do !

But I forgot that his English limits itself to his favourite metal bands' lyrics. I would have to translate his insults. But I'm no more his devoted servant. You're safe.

(So rubber is a synonym from condom, I now understand the meaning of the insult ...Wait a minute, you seem very well informed on the subject...

I just now decided to listen to some Iron Maiden, what a joke. I remember when they were becoming known but not famous. People who listen to that are the same people who go to Renaissance Fairs dressed up like knights in shining amour or medieval morons of some sort or another. The same pukes who make the pilgrimage to the Excalibur Hotel in Las Vegas.

Oh my how daring they are to sing about the sign of the beast.

Very ugly guys with nice long hair. Sorry Ambreen I hope you aren't that into them.

I am beating my member, who I've dressed as a Frenchman, with a baguette while listening to the Iron Maidens and Van Morrison, who I've dressed as Otis Redding, is weeping into his absinthe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back