Lilyhammer on Netflix (1 Viewer)

Erik

If u don't know the poetry u don't know Bukowski
Founding member
If you have netflix you might wanna check out the following show starring Steven Van Zandt:
Lilyhammer

Sort of "Sopranos goes witness protection in Northern Exposure".

Saw the first episode and had quite a few chuckles.
But then again I understand all the Norwegian in-jokes.
This part of the review also made me chuckle: "...grouching through life in a rules-bound nanny state." :D

If you can make your PC/proxy "look" Norwegian you can see the 2 first episodes for free here: http://www.nrk.no/nett-tv/prosjekt/2646/

Lylihammer has less to nothing of The Sopranos but the series is kinda relaxing to watch.
A bit dissapointed because I was hoping it would be "a real" mafia series...

Next week the release of season2 on netflix. Of course I'm going to watch it.
Nothing is so pleasant than silly addictions.

I'm now watching the first episode of Last Tango In Halifax.

. Last Tango in Halifax stars Derek Jacobi andAnne Reid as two widowed, retired septuagenarians, Alan and Celia were childhood sweethearts apart for 60 years. Re-united via a social networking site, they meet, fall in love and plan to marry. Reid and Jacobi enjoyed having the chance to play out a love story between older people that was not ageist or stereotyped.

I'm getting old and I love it.

Season 2 is only coming now? That's a long time between drinks.

We watched one or two episodes a while back, but maybe The Sopranos was still too fresh in my memory. I couldn't get into it.

Then again, maybe I just couldn't get into the show itself, since I didn't have a problem watching Dexter shortly after Six Feet Under, and Michael Hall's characters couldn't be more different in those two.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back