Linda King's Bust (2 Viewers)

Hi.....

Anyone know what happenend to the Bust sculpture that Linda King made?
It must be worth a fortune now....
Any sign of it on Ebay?

someone else here will have more info than i, but i know there are several of them and she has tried numerous times to sell on ebay, for i believe, around $5000. not sure if it's worth it, but if i were well off financially(stnickl) i would definitely have one or two around. i also recall(in the auction description) her saying that for a hefty fee she would sculpt your head while telling great stories of her and buk...

there is the original made in plaster in 1971. I think Linda still has it.

and there are 20 numbered copies in Bronze casted in 1994.

One of them has been lent to the Bukowski-Society by Daisy Montfort recently.
This one will be shown at Bukowski's house of birth after we've installed the museum there.

... Any date as yet?

Not sure.
Still in negotiations with the city of Andernach concerning their willingness to give us a budget for 2009.

Only after THEY have given their o.k., I can go to other possible sponsors. But if this takes too long - and it's already November - I won't be able to get into their financial plans for 2009. Then all takes another more year.

So, opening of the museum in August 2009, which was the plan, depends on how FAST the city gives a definite YES to the money I've asked for (we're talking about 50,000.- EUR from the city for the installation and the first year).

I'm calling them all the time, but they let me wait on a decission, and there seem to be several committees this has to pass. Ah! Politics!

sorry for the temporary thread-hijacking.

bukowski'sHead

one of the lucky owners of linda King's sculpture of Bukowski, i look at Bukowski's head all day long... it's a magnificent piece; a happy buddha face bukowski wears... he and linda were falling madly in love as she made it... my husband Fred Voss bought this from Linda in 1996... bronze, heavy... xmastime i put a santa hat on Buk... we wonder to whom to Will it when we are Gone... it weighs a ton... but what a joy to live with...

Well, the only Bukowski-Society is in Germany, so the guy must be a German - unless it's one of their non-German members, of course...:D

Last edited by a moderator:
one of the lucky owners of linda King's sculpture of Bukowski, i look at Bukowski's head all day long... it's a magnificent piece; a happy buddha face bukowski wears... he and linda were falling madly in love as she made it... my husband Fred Voss bought this from Linda in 1996... bronze, heavy... xmastime i put a santa hat on Buk... we wonder to whom to Will it when we are Gone... it weighs a ton... but what a joy to live with...

I laugh evertime I think or read about them fighting over that head. It is so over the top silly, but crazysweet at the same time. Who ever you decide to Will it to will be okay, they won't have to supply it with drink or sex, so it shouldn't be too taxing! CRB:)

He's also a fine actor.

He looks like this guy.

Ewen Bremmer

[...] a fine Bukowski!
you already know the part very well.

I DO know the part well - that's why I'm VERY aware, that I'll NEVER get even close to it.
Not even only ACTING Like him.

I'd do Ford Prefect, Danny Ocean or Serge Gainsbourg for you. Even John McClane or the missing fish in Monty Python's Meaning of Life. But the one and only Charles Bukowski is beyond my abilities! sorry.

Give him a touch for luck?

Done!
Much Luck with it!

For some reason, I was thinking "bustline" when I clicked on this thread and wondered why you would want to know about Linda King's.

I love how we've taken a thread about a piece of art, and turned it into a Small Breasted Women of the World Unite thread.

Oh wait ;)

That is funny that she (or Scott) misspell Bukowski.

They also have a habit of listing items that are vague enough to deceive. This does not seem to be the original sculpture, but a bronze copy of it. If it was original, I can suspect that it would be worth many times the $1000 they are asking, but as a copy of it, it would be worth far less.

Anyone have an idea of how many of these were made? Maybe they are made to order as they sell.

Bill

A bronze casting like that can only be done from the original. It isn't supposed to be the original. The original was clay.

I don't know how they do a bronze casting of clay, but I know that with some materials the original is destroyed in order to make the casting. In any event, doing a bronze "to order" would be an expensive proposition. I assume these were done all at once and have been around for a while.

But again, I'm no expert on the process, and I don't know how King did it or does it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back