montfort photo book (1 Viewer)

im new to this site.

i am looking for a collection of photos that monfort published in germany late in bukowski's life. they included photos from buk's last birthday. a party was held in a local bookstore that no longer exists. I do not know the name of the book. can anyone help me out???

is it this one?

der_andere.jpg

image from www.collectingbukowski.com

Nice photo! I've never seen it before. I wonder who the guy sitting on the floor is.

Last edited by a moderator:
i am looking for a collection of photos that monfort published in germany late in bukowski's life. they included photos from buk's last birthday. a party was held in a local bookstore that no longer exists.

you're looking for this one:

71W709ZNXJL._SS500_.jpg

it's out of print now.

right! that's probably it. I think we discussed this one elsewhere on the boards here.

my english version doesn't have the photos.

I haven't seen them online anywhere, and it pains me to scan out of Das War's, because the binding cracks a bit every time I have flattened it down onto the scanner in the past. They are not particularly interesting pictures anyway. Just snapshots really.

It's great to see the pics from Buk's last birthday! Thanks a lot, Roni!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for those photos, Roni. Is "Vingar Hill" the name of the bookstore the party is at? I love photos of Buk as an old man. So much humanity in his eyes, his face, the way he holds himself. As if at some point he made peace with the world and let down his guard.

Now I'm off to make refrigerator magnets of these and slap them on eBay...

thanks for the help. I really appreciate it.

by the way, the posting of the photos...yes thats andrea kowalski in #2 and I am the woman getting books signed in #3.

I still live in san pedro and do remember that day well. He signed four books for me. He was ill at the time (not long before he died) and that may have been his last announced public appearance before he died. He hung out for about an hour before tiring and then going home.

by the way...I have a first edition "it catches its heart in its hands" that I purchased indirectly from montfort. can anyone tell me what the value of it it??

$400 - $900.

It is worth $900 if in nice shape, but they have been selling for much less on ebay lately. Still, It is worth every bit of $800 any day. The economy is shit and this book has not sold recently for what it is worth.

Bill

I know you are right, Bill.

But damn, I still think that price is almost criminal.

When I pick up my copy of It Catches, I feel something.

It's like looking at a magnificent painting, unexplainable.

You just know this is how it is supposed to be; meant to be.

It Catches is just so fucking perfect, in its entirety.

As I've stated before, it's my fav book, but not close to my most valuable.

(And thanks for the insight on the other post to you, Purple S, and Hank Solo; I'm doing some "Wormwood" digging. Appreciated.)

Pax

Users who are viewing this thread

Back