• If you start a thread here you have permission to edit the thread and your posts indefinitely. So if the status of your sale or auction changes, please come back and update the thread.

more stuff on ebay (1 Viewer)

legitbookplate.jpg

Where did you get that, from Ira Greene?!

;)

Sorry, if you're new here, I'm just kidding. The signatures are genuine. Inside joke. Click the links.

This is very interesting. I also agree that these signatures are 100% authentic, but I have not seen Black Sparrow do it like this before.

Maybe it was collected by someone after publication?

Still an interesting and authentic book, plus a great read and reference for those interested in Black Sparrow.

Bill

mjp, i'm offended you don't know me by now... actually, i wish i had saved the emails i exchanged with ira greene- they were hilarious. i acted like i was a "budding bookplate collector".

i think because this was kind of a landmark book for black sparrow, they went kind of nonconventional on the production (the book is really big for a black sparrow volume). this bookplate, however, is pasted in under the endpaper (which has a square cutout), which means i couldn't have "ira greened" it in there myself.

actually, i got the book from jeff maser.

wow, all this interest... would you perhaps like to BID on it?

I have the bright green spined trade edition, which is of course, not signed. I guess that this is the only BSP title that was done like this. Interesting.
Bill

that's why he's buying me gifts: because i have to explain everything to him. he's kinda retarded.

That's a nice trait - helping out the retarded Buk book collectors. Seems like steady employment...:D

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back