new blood from north of the 49th (2 Viewers)

hi...i have been watching the site for some time now. i have been collecting bukowski signed and first eds for probably longer than some of you have been walking the earth.
i have also sold some of the smaller pieces over the past year on ebay. this year i will part with some of my bigger pieces like the HORSEMEAT. when i get my courage up.
my handle on ebay is 'editette' i am sure some of you bought from me.
buk babe

hi...i have been watching the site for some time now. i have been collecting bukowski signed and first eds for probably longer than some of you have been walking the earth.
buk babe

Rumor has it, there are a few collectors here with some worthwhile shit "” even the young'ens.

What else "bigger" do you have other than Horsemeat? While that is a beautiful piece, one I do not own (yet), it is for sale all the time. And a later title, 1982.

Talk to me hardcore, the way I like it.

(((Welcome)))

Pax

Last edited by a moderator:
This person could be a man. "buk babe", could be a beat term, like "cool, babe". or "I like Buk, babe". Nothing else in the post except the name leads you to believe that they are a she. I'm just saying. This is the same thing that was thought about our own "Marina Del Rey", who is a dude, not a dame...

Bill

But where the hell are they hiding themselves ? :D

My post was a joke, you guys here are really kind and courteous :)

(sorry for the flood, buk babe).

north of 49 replies to all, because i don't see how to do it individually

first off, yes i am a woman. my actual name is french. and here is a list for homeless of the signed, firsts that i own aside from HORSEMEAT,
HAM ON RYE
BRING ME YOUR LOVE
THERE IS NO BUSNESS
A BIBLIOGRAPHY OF BUKOWSKI, BY DORBIN
BARFLY
PLAY THE PIANO DRUNK......
WAR ALL THE TIME
MOCKINGBIRD WISH ME LUCK
SCREAMS FROM THE SECOND BALCONY
LAST NIGHT OF THE EARTH POEMS
SEPTUAGENARIAN STEW
BUKOWSKI/PURDY LETTERS (purdy was my introduction to bukowski)
ROOMING HOUSE MADRIGALS
YOU GET SO ALONE
HOLLYWOOD
LOVE IS A DOG FROM HELL

some of them have paintings. i sold all the small christmas greetings and new years greetings in the past year or so. i have no intention of leaving these to my niece and nephews. they have no interest in anything but video games. so i am getting up the nerve to sell them in these crappy economic times. not sure if i am there yet.
buk babe

Welcome. buk babe. Those are some fine firsts you have there. They will buy a lot of video equipment. They will have the one and only,Aunt Buk Babe memorial LCD Monitor.

There is something slightly nice about that. The sad news will be when they grow up and become Bukowski fans after all is sold.

The sad news will be when they grow up and become Bukowski fans after all is sold.
if i thought for one minute that there was a chance that one of them would ever acquire a taste for chinaski, it would be in my will. they won't. i love 'em, but i am not going to leave 'em.
it is a pretty fine list isn't it? took me years to collect them. i started three decades ago.
there used to be an amazing bookstore here in vancouver. it was called colophon. it was a cozy haunt that unfortunately is no longer in business. the owner always saved me bukowski's for me. all of them have had only one owner.

there used to be an amazing bookstore here in vancouver. it was called colophon. it was a cozy haunt that unfortunately is no longer in business. the owner always saved me bukowski's for me. all of them have had only one owner.

I remember Colophon, second floor on Cordova before Cambie? Went up there a few times but that was when I figured I couldn't afford to collect anything, and didn't. The guy, Bill?, showed me a few of the Buk books with artwork, etc. $100 apiece as I remember.

(Could be wrong on the name. I remember another store over on Hastings, about the same block, a few floors up, specializing in poetry (not the Enver Hoxha storefront :)). Got a New Year's Greeting from BSP there. Gold In Your Eye.)

Welcome! You're banned. *kidding*

Nice list. It is lucky that Moderators don't feel emotions like envy, jealousy etc. :D

I remember Colophon, second floor on Cordova before Cambie? Went up there a few times but that was when I figured I couldn't afford to collect anything, and didn't. The guy, Bill?, showed me a few of the Buk books with artwork, etc. $100 apiece as I remember.

(Could be wrong on the name. I remember another store over on Hastings, about the same block, a few floors up, specializing in poetry (not the Enver Hoxha storefront :)). Got a New Year's Greeting from BSP there. Gold In Your Eye.)
well digney....good to see another local is on site here. yes, that was colophon. it was right above the old nightclub called pharaoh's. the owner's name was jim mcintosh. just a wonderful guy. he and his wife shut it down and moved to mission. his wife is a published poet.
i had the 'gold in my eye,' as well, but sold it on ebay last year. there are still a few great old book stores in town. mcleod's is still up and running. whenever i have to move, i sell all my books to mcleod's...usually i end up paying for the move that way.

well digney....good to see another local is on site here. yes, that was colophon. it was right above the old nightclub called pharaoh's. the owner's name was jim mcintosh. just a wonderful guy. he and his wife shut it down and moved to mission. his wife is a published poet.
i had the 'gold in my eye,' as well, but sold it on ebay last year. there are still a few great old book stores in town. mcleod's is still up and running. whenever i have to move, i sell all my books to mcleod's...usually i end up paying for the move that way.

I remember the name "Pharoah's" but lived too far out in the sticks to go to clubs ("Country Palace" that became "King Tut's" in Langley, anyone?) in Vancouver. Too young as well I suppose.

I guess I got "Bill" from Bill Hoffer. I never met Hoffer but heard he was cantankerous, to say the least, to the point of telling "browsers" to leave his store. And he hated the Canada Council and other arts funding groups with a passion.

There were some great bookstores in Vancouver, probably still are a few left. I was in McLeod's just before Christmas last year. Too overwhelming. I need to have an excuse (living down there, work, or something) to get to know the corners of a bookstore. McLeod's these days is bursting at the seams.

buk babe - welcome!!

I assume you are not 'buksbabe' off ebay?

Now you are on this site - you will find it as addictive as collecting and reading the great man, Buk!!

But where the hell are they hiding themselves ? :D

My post was a joke, you guys here are really kind and courteous :)

(sorry for the flood, buk babe).

Bonjour, me voici. J'ai été trés occupée derniérement, alors que tu devenais membre , Je suis Jocelyne, et j'habite Montréal, bien que j'habite ma carcasse plus particuliérement, dépendamment où elle se retrouve. Je suis contente qu'il y ait un peu plus de femmes ici.
Es-tu canadienne ou française?
Bienvenue parmi nous.
Je suis peintre et toi?;)

Last edited by a moderator:
hi jocelyne, j'ai habitue en montreal pour un an. quelle belle citee. ma francais n'est-pas si bonne. too long living in the wild, wild west. even though both names are french, mon francais est tres, tres pauvre. i don't even know how to put the graves and acutes on the letters. sorry.

Welcome, buk babe!

I'm still kinda new to the site myself. I started with Bukowski's poetry and am just getting into his novels and short stories. Just finished Factotum and Women and am now reading The Most Beautiful Woman in Town.

thanks for the welcome.
i kind of envy you. you have a lot of exploring to do. have fun and take your time. you can always read them more than once...but the first time is pretty special.
bb

I've been reading his poems for years, but didn't read a novel until just after I joined this wonderful place. And you're right. After finishing Factotum and Women, I feel like I did the first time I read his poetry (Sifting Through the Madness...).

ooh, i thought you were totally new to bukowski, but you are poetry pro. it is interesting how folks start. my introduction was post office. my god he makes me laugh so hard. sometimes i have to put the book down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back