New Book by Mather Schneider (1 Viewer)

INTERIOR NOISE PRESS of Austin, TX is proud to announce the 2010 release of Drought Resistant Strain by Mather Schneider.

ISBN: 978-0-9816606-1-5
Poetry;128 pages
5.5" x 8.5"
Perfect Bound
$15.00 USD

**Write Bukowski.net in the "Instructions to Merchant" option and receive a FREE copy of Mather's 2003 chapbook POORMOUTH with your order**

Now available at:
www.interiornoisepress.com
or
www.myfavoritebullet.com

ALSO AVAILABLE:

Inheritance Tax by Jason Floyd Williams
(2008)
ISBN: 978-0-9816606-0-8
Poetry; 212 pages
5.5" x 8.5"
Perfect Bound
$12.00 USD

See if you can carry their balls in a paper sack.

David p Bates
INTERIOR NOISE PRESS

strange that you would announce a book by Mather when he shows such public disdain for this forum and many of its members. He has not made friends here and has called many of us out publicly on his blog.

Maybe American Dissident is a better place to announce this...

Bill

See if you can carry their balls in a paper sack.
Are you selling their balls too? I can't really tell what the hell is going on on those awesome web sites.

I know this is supposed to be shocking and antagonistic and I'm sure Schneider told you that if you post here it will create a huge uproar. But you should probably prepare for more of a yawn.

Hi Bill

I'm simply a small press trying to get the word out about my books. I believe Williams and Schneider are great writers, otherwise I wouldn't have invested my time and money in them.

I posted here for several reasons, not the least of which is that Bukowski's work helped form me as a poet, and guided me (in many ways to my detriment) for years. I'm still unable to shake his influence; but I'm grateful for it. The writers I choose to publish, both on INP and at My Favorite Bullet tend to strike in me a complimentary chord with lessons Buk taught me; self exposure / plain speaking / no apologies.

As far as Mather's personal opinion of this site, or any of its members, I'm not sure if I really care about all that. I'm not Mather. That's between you and him. As far as his work, and the work of Jason Floyd Williams, I think it merits notice. In fact, one of the greatest lessons I learned from the life of Buk is to keep the man and his poetry separate-- from most accounts, Buk was possibly the biggest asshole in the history of poetry (besides Rimbaud, but he was a juvenile) and absolutely unbearable to be around privately.

And I'm pretty sure that if my own work were judged solely by my character I'd have exactly one reader, and that would be my mother.

It's too bad Mather Schneider doomed himself with some of you, but so be it. It happens. I honestly believe anyone here at Buk.net who hasn't been personally biased against him will be pleasantly surprised by his work. And for anyone who hates MS I offer Jason Floyd Williams.

If nothing else, I appreciate a venue that supports the efforts of the small press and reminds us that not all great poetry emerges from the academic arena and corporate paper peddlers.

Thanks,
David
INP

Does anyone know where the term "Carry their balls in a paper sack" originated? I am intrigued by it. It seems that if you can carry a couple apples or oranges in a paper sack, then carrying, even the largest pair of testicles would not be a problem. Also, are they talking about a lunch size paper sack, or the kind that they used to pack groceries in? Those grocery bags could hold dozens of apples, oranges, or testicles. Also, it seems more sanitary to carry testicles in a Ziploc bag, if they are removed. If not, there is always god's paper sack, the scrotum.

Bill

That's one of the Bukowski lines that's always stuck with me, mostly because it just doesn't really make any sense. Maybe Buk is the origin, I've never heard it used anywhere else.

David

Also, it seems more sanitary to carry testicles in a Ziploc bag, if they are removed.

did you know if you wash ziploc bags you can re-use them?

in theory you could buy one box of them and NEVER have to buy another! :cool:

Maybe he is offering a triple ball deal. His balls for posting, MS balls and this other guy's balls. 3 pair of balls for 1. I think you are right Bill, Balls in a paper bag would be just to messy and the smell... Balls in ziploc are a much better idea, they will stay fresher longer. And you can throw them in the freezer if you can't enjoy them now. (although I am gonna take a wild guess that these particular balls are far from their fresh state and are very stale and very well used).
But being that I am not interested in any of those balls I will decline from the horribly misplaced offer.

Well, I think from a purely comfort standpoint, I'd rather have my balls carried in a paper sack than a Ziploc bag. The boys couldn't breathe very well if they were in a Ziploc.

Unless you decided to place them in Reynolds Wrap or some type of aluminum foil prior to loading them in the paper sack. Now that'd be a game changer!

Now, if you are carrying so many sets of balls in paper bags, you might want to think of the environment and the top soil getting blown away because of clear cutting. We should all get reusable shopping bags. You can even carry brass balls in those suckers.

in theory you could buy one box of them and NEVER have to buy another! :cool:

Yes, you can rewash ziploc bags. You would probably need to have more than one, though, just so that you can use one while the others are drying.

The same goes for generic bags like Ziploc, but under the Giant Brand, but NOT the Sam's Club brand. Those fall apart after one use. I would never trust my balls in a Sam's Club ziploc.

Bill

But you wouldn't really even need the Sam's Club brand. At Sam's Club you have to buy in bulk, right? Buying in bulk would kind of defeat the point of washing and reusing your ball bags anyway.

I say spend the extra buck and get the genuine Ziploc. The kind where yellow and blue make green so you know it is sealed.

But are Ziploc's bio-degradable? We have to think about the environment too.

Last edited by a moderator:
...not if you are using the same one and just washing it. You want something that will not degrade fast. Of course, I would not want to use the same bag for a sandwich and a pair of testicles. Kinda like raw chicken and beef, you cannot cross contaminate. I'm not sure if nuts are sanitary, but, really, do you want to take a chance?

Bill

Right, you would want to have separate bags for sandwiches and testicles. It's more sanitary that way. I can always wash the bags afterward so I can use them again. They say recycling is fashionable nowadays.

Speaking of testicles, they say bull testicles are tasty when prepared in the right way. In some countries they're on the restaurants menu cards. I have'nt tried eating them yet though...

I'm all for recycling too, but read this devastating account by the lovely Beaver family in OK city

http://mommytopaige.blogspot.com/

(do google search page 'ziploc')

I guess if we're talking recycling, and my balls,
let's re-use a recently (but not too recently) used (and empty)
bag of microwavable popcorn...
yeah daddy, a little buttery and salty.

Leave it to the Beaver family

Zip-Lock bags are boring.

Quit boring me.

You're all boring.

Did you know that an Albatross can sleep while flying?

Now that's interesting!

They probably taste great with butter and salt too.

That's true!

Peanuts-Snoopy-1966.gif

I'm all for recycling too, but read this devastating account by the lovely Beaver family in OK city

http://mommytopaige.blogspot.com/

(do google search page 'ziploc')

Leave it to the Beaver family

The devastating things are 1.that guy that started this thread comes in here ans says this,
Bukowski lines that's always stuck with me, mostly because it just doesn't really make any sense.
about, "See if you can carry their balls in a paper sack."
and 2.the Mrs. Beaver may not know she's 2 years into a marriage with a gay guy.3. everyone should know that a ziplock bag is the way to carry someone's balls.

I like to put peanuts and other nuts, granola, etc (but not testicles) in a ziploc bag and take them for long rides on my fixie.

I think you should check with Rekrab on the wisdom of that. It seems that if you keep meat in your ziplocs (and balls are meat, I'm sure of that), then they should not be washed and subsequently used to store books. Because hungry dogs will still smell the meat and eat your book.

Which makes sense, seeing as one of my dogs ate a bottle opener, a pen and a letterpressed card off my kitchen table the other night because he couldn't get to the Ruth's Chris take home bag that was further up on the table. That bag had a tremendous hunk of filet in it for about half an hour, but it was in a plastic container, then in the bag. The dog still smelled the delicious meat on the bag, but he had to settle for promotional materials.

Funny thing, at the steak house I told the guy clearing the table, "I want to keep that," when I handed him the plate with a bite and a half of steak left on it (it was that good). A lot of time went by and no bag came out. Then the waiter said, "You had a filet leftover, right?" and I said yes I did but I think the guy threw it away. Short powwow between waiter and busboy and the waiter comes over to the table. "Sir, it appears that we did forget about your leftovers. I would like to prepare a half filet for you to take home. That was medium rare, correct?"

So I got a free half steak out of the deal, but as I said, the bag did drive the dog to distraction and cost me a promotional pen and some other stuff. But I have to say, the filet was worth it. The dog can eat anything he wants if I can get one of those every night.

So reuse ziploc bags wisely is all I'm saying.

Feel good story? Are you crazy? Take it from a dog's point of view, there is nothing worse than having your 10,000 times more powerful sense of smell capture a blast of Ruth's Chris filet and end up with a belly full of plastic, ink, metal and paper. The corgi knows baby and he'd be excited just to get an old stale scrap from Jack in the Box.

The name Ruth's Chris Steak House has always bothered me. It seems gramatically awkward. Does anyone know why it is called that? What is a Chris Steak house and is it owned by Ruth?

Bill

Sparks Steak House does sound a lot better, don't you think?
It depends in which thread the name will pop up of course....

We ate at Lone Star last night for my birthday. The steak was OK, the cheap beer was cold and great (I LOVE cheap beer, Coors Lite to be exact. Sorry, I know that it is unsophisticated, but I cannot lie). The Texas Onion was excellent!

Because of the snow and the Super Bowl, there were only about 3 or 4 tables of customers, so we got great service...

Bill

(I LOVE cheap beer, Coors Lite to be exact. Sorry, I know that it is unsophisticated, but I cannot lie) Bill

My favorite too!:o Especially when you are very thirsty. It won't knock you out and the taste is clean.
Glad to hear that you had a nice birthday.
Something romantic to say about all that snow. It muffles the noise.

It is almost like drinking ice water, but with a beery like taste. I slammed a 22oz in about 10 minutes and was buzzed. I am a lightweight.

Bill

Users who are viewing this thread

Back