• If you start a thread here you have permission to edit the thread and your posts indefinitely. So if the status of your sale or auction changes, please come back and update the thread.

Only $1800.00 for a 7th printing paperback? (1 Viewer)

bospress.net

www.bospress.net
http://cgi.ebay.com/charles-bukowsk...849QQihZ007QQcategoryZ377QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Is this seller on this forum? Probably not. Here is an example of someone that is out there! This is a RARE 7th printing, paperback. $100 min boid and $1800 for those that have to have it NOW....

This book is worth about $20 in fine condition. This book has mild wear inclufding creasing, etc... Probably still worth $15 - $20.

Hurry. someone can get it at the bargain price of slihtly under 100 times its actual value....

Hell, maybe I'm wrong. I have seen stranger things sell on ebay before for outrageous prices. Anyone remmber tmf?

Bill

Nice try, I must say! Maybe he'll find some newbie out there he can cheat. What ever happend to ethics and morals? Oh right, I forgot. This is BUSINESS! That's something entirely different! I wonder if he'll buy my "rare" 26th printing of Burning for 200$ - then he can sell it for 1000$...:D

Last edited by a moderator:
for all we talk about "rare" as a term thrown around to describe bukowski, i was looking at some mcsweeney's books yesterday that were described as "incredibly scarce" when there were 10,000 printed!

it's pretty ridiculous, though. although maybe the 7th printing was only 15 copies or something before the 8th printing came out.

Anyone remmber tmf?
I LOVE reading here
about tmf
in them good old days....

But I see he didn't buy that Buy-it-Now $10,000 It Catches My Heart great-association issue.... ;)

Ok,
Do what you can,

And learn to pet and enjoy your internet/house gremlins...
It's making my life a greater joy ride.

Me

Hi,
I have a very rare 34th printing of "The Most Beautiful Woman in Town" and I'm willing to let it go at the very reasonable price of $1500.00.

ha...

Bill

I bought a paperback from this jackass, his description was "you will not be disappointed with this copy...good tight copy" What arrived was a warped, filthy, beaten copy I wouldn't even give away.

You'll notice he's bidding on good clean copies of many of the same titles he's selling. My impression is he's unloading his junk (never a picture in the auction) and replacing it with better condition stuff.

My advice would be to steer very clear of this guy.

I have used toilet paper from Mr. Bukowski on hand. (after a heavy beer shit)
My special limited offer is : 498,- $ for each piece.
Hurry up folks i will be in vacations for the next two weeks!

I've bought a few books from this person and sold a couple to him, I e-mailed him shortley ago when a couple of the books he listed (and I bought) were discribed as black sparrow and were actualy ecco. told him that he should discribe his books more accuratley and that people might pay more for the BSP's... but jeez I didn't mean that much more!!

I left eBay because of scam artists like this seller. After a few months of buying (Dec. 2006 to April 2006) and running across con artist after con artist, I quit eBay. The straw that "broke the camel's back" was a Buk seller to whom I sent a simple question (which I addressed on a thread on this site a few months ago) and he blocked me for no apparent reason.

There has to be a better place to buy rare Buk stuff without having to deal with scam artists.

I've bought a few books from this person and sold a couple to him, I e-mailed him shortley ago when a couple of the books he listed (and I bought) were discribed as black sparrow and were actualy ecco. told him that he should discribe his books more accuratley and that people might pay more for the BSP's... but jeez I didn't mean that much more!!

I FUCKING HATE THAT. I BOUGHT A COPY OF WAR ALL THE TIME, THINKING IT WAS BLACK SPARROW, AND WHEN IT GOT HERE, ECCO.

THIS IS A FUCKING CRIME, BASTARDS.

EDIT: he sent me an email back, telling me to check the item again. he's got it listed for four bucks now. thats more like it. hahahahaha.

I FUCKING HATE THAT. I BOUGHT A COPY OF WAR ALL THE TIME, THINKING IT WAS BLACK SPARROW, AND WHEN IT GOT HERE, ECCO.

I always e-mail the seller before I buy now, really quite a pain in the ass. when a seller types in the ISB # to ebay the automatic listing always says BSP.I recieved a number of eccos before I finaly got wise, thank God I have only a couple more soft covers to go to complete my collection. I think that I will probably buy from abe on these.....

the war all the time i bought, was from abe. and the seller listed it as black sparrow. you better believe i've wised up to that shit. i always make sure i verify.

It may be merely a factor of the ISBN lookup in their database. Which of course is still inexcusable--I mean, you really want someone who can pay attention to detail if they're going to sell you something used. But it may not be intentional defrauding.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back