Samuel Adams (the beer, not the dude) (2 Viewers)

mjp

Founding member
I picked up two seasonal Samuel Adams beers today and they are so good I had to tell you about them so you can go out and spend way too much money on 10 bottles of beer.

First, the Noble Pils is made with all five Noble hops and has a friendly bite. If you like hoppy beer, this is as hoppy as it gets without becoming wheatgrass. Too bad it's a Spring-seasonal beer, because this would go great with a 10 oz. ribeye fresh off a hot grill in August.

Second is the Imperial White, which is a witbier, or wheat beer. Not light like the typical wheat beer though - this is more like a Chimay ale, and very strong (for a beer) at over 10% alcohol content (twice as potent as the Pils). I didn't look up the alcohol content until I was halfway through a bottle (this is a sipper, not a gulper) and feeling a definite "is-this-beer-or-booze?" kind of warm buzz. This one is expensive and comes in a four-pack, but you might want to try a single bottle before you spring for four. This is kind of a once-every-week-or-two beer.

All I really wanted was a six pack of Pacifico. Sometimes I get sidetracked.

I have had them and yes they are quit good. I spend way too much money on beer but I simply cannot seem to drink shitty domestics. I also cannot seem to quit drinking either. I guess you get what you pay for. Now don't get me wrong, I have certenly had my day (or days) with warm 40's of cheap malt liquer but as I get older I have way too hard of a time fighting off the dehydration. Same with boxes of wine!

I made a car deal for a Sam Adams beer salesman a few years back and he was so grateful for the deal he gave me 4 12 packs of Sam Adams light. They were awesome and I started buying it for a long time after.
Regular or light, Sam Adams goes great with shots of scotch, at which point there is no question as to which kind of warm buzz you are feeling. That is the way all beer should taste and feel.

I hate Sam Adams, and I come from the land of the ice & snow (Boston) but still can't stand it.

I forbid any of you from drinking or enjoying it.

(Wish they had Tecate cheap back here).

I hate Tecate, and I come from the land of rice and beans (Chicago) but still can't stand it.

Wish they had Sam Adams cheap here.

I am on ...... wait for it .....................

ASPIRIN !

Don't make me repeat myself.

Again, I forbid any of you from enjoying Sam Adams.

Never had Tecate light but Tecate is like the Mexican budweiser but maybe a little better and I do (in fact as we all breathe) I am enjoying a Bud Light.

So you all get off your high horses, you ain't no Paul Revere drinking Sam Adams or maybe blowing him behing the Old North Church and welcome the mulit-cultural diversity that only Tecate can bring you the next time you're making a beer selection.

Tres Equis is the best Mexican Beer I've ever tried. It's not quite a dark beer, but much darker and richer than Dos Equis and miles above Corona, Tecate or Pacifico. If you can find it you should try it.

Never had Tres Equis, but I do enjoy an occasional Dos Equis, and how can you not be dragged into drinking a Dos Equis every now and then after ha, stay thirsty my friends.

You must be drunk on Tecate right now.
He usually says he's on acid.
Tres Equis is the best Mexican Beer I've ever tried. It's not quite a dark beer, but much darker and richer than Dos Equis and miles above Corona, Tecate or Pacifico. If you can find it you should try it.

Triple X is very good and very hard to find. Corona causes more headaches than re-cooled Coors. (not Coors Lite)

Hate Corona and Dos Equis-Modelo is ok. Bohemia is a great Mexican Beer (but it's actually Czech).

Sam Adams is the worst Mexican beer there is. I would rather drink the pus from a run over gopher than drink that vile liquid.

Yes, it is imported from Boston Ma which is kind of like a foriegn country. Aren't the taxes through the roof back there? California is getting there.

Probably worse in Calif now but since I make so little money I don't notice these things.

I just remembered there's a liquor store in the Spanish part of a town nearby that used to have it (Tecate).

By the way they don't have liquor stores in Calif, well, at least in Sacramento. What's up with that? In my ride on the bus home from work in my town in 4 miles I pass 5 liquor stores and one place that sells food mostly but liquor, too-and if I rode one more block there's another liqour store.

Further proof that Calif is unAmerican and should not be allowed to enjoy a patriotic beer like Sam Adams, the great Mexican revolutionary who fought the British and the Swedes.

Must be a Sacramento thing, in SF there are plenty of Liquor stores. I guess that's what they have to do in Sac to keep those alcoholic politicians in line.

It must be a town/city ordinance thing around here, because there's a Shaw's grocery store in Watertown where you can buy anything from Lagavulin to Slimedog's favorite, but in Malden, the Stop & Shop grocery store has no beer, no wine, nothin'.

It must be a town/city ordinance thing...
Or a licensing thing. You still need a liquor license, even to sell beer. If enough people from the neighborhood show up at the hearing and complain, no liquor license for you! At least that's the way it is here.

they don't have liquor stores in Calif
That's true. No palm trees or phonies either. We don't go for that shit.

True, you need a liquor license, but what's odd about this particular Shaw's is that it's the only grocery store I've ever seen in MA that sells anything beyond beer and wine. And this store has everything - it's better stocked than most package stores in MA.

Very hard to find a case of beer in Sacramento-every supermarket and drugstore sold alcohol but lots of uncost-effecient 12 packs-usta buy my cases at Costco. No wonder everyone's on pot and meth there.

My new band is called The Uncosteffecient Twelve Packs.

First, the Noble Pils is made with all five Noble hops and has a friendly bite.

Second is the Imperial White, which is a witbier, or wheat beer.

I tried to find both beers here in Spain, but the only one they had was the Boston Lager, which I guess it was just ok, but I really like hoppy beers. I'm sticking to the Trappist ones now -hey, anyone with an extra Westvleteren 12 crate in their garage or something? :D

I want a set of those Sam Adams "Turbinator" glasses they're always advertising on television. It's Friday guys, let's get fucked up.

I spent a week in Disney World earlier this month (oi vey) and had a fair share of the Sam Adams lager. all the beer kiosks had it on tap. it was fine. it was either that or Bud Lite. or Miller Lite? I can't remember. a couple had Guinness. mmmmmm.

but I didn't get to try any of the Adams special brews.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back