small things make me happy (1 Viewer)

hoochmonkey9

Art should be its own hammer.
Reaper Crew
Founding member
if Seymour Cassel is to be believed, he introduced Bukowski to Johnny Cash.

which (sort of) connects John Cassavetes to Johnny Cash to Charles Bukowski.

which makes my tiny pea brain very happy.

Read somewhere that Cassel introduced Belushi to Freebase. Possibly from Woodwards bio on Belushi. Guess the guy had a heavy cocaine addiction in the 70's and 80's.

I read that Cassel introduced John to Yoko, then Johny Cash to John, and Yoko to Bukowski and Belushi (who were a couple at the time, living in a cute West Hollywood Craftsman, according to Sounes). So this guy was busy.

Then, according to Sounes' reading of Cassel's stolen mail, Yoko came to West Hollywood to do an in-store record signing and Belushi introduced her to freebasing while Bukowski took pictures (you may have seen some of the pictures in May Pang's book). In one famous picture Cash is massaging Bukowski's shoulders while Yoko administers a golden shower to a prone, naked Belushi. Cassel is nowhere to be seen. He was an instigator!

Johnny Cash later said that while those days are some of his fondest memories, he would still clobber Cassel if he ever saw him again, because Cassel had taken polaroids of June Carter Cash on the toilet and sold them to STERN magazine. I don't know if that last part is true, but Sounes threatened me with a lawsuit for mentioning it once at a party.

I don't know if that last part is true, but Sounes threatened me with a lawsuit for mentioning it once at a party.

Come on! Sounes would never do that. He's a really laid back guy who appreciates all the publicity he can get...:rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back