Sneak Peek at Athenaeum from BoSP (2 Viewers)

bospress.net

www.bospress.net
Here is a first look at the 5 books that will be included in the set. They will be housed in a clamshell case, which will also be unique. The set price is $200 for all 5 books in clamshell case. Limited to only 26 copies, each signed by the author and each book will include original artwork or a holographic poem. More (and larger) photos later....
Bill

ath2.JPG

Despite conventional wisdom, I prefer to judge my books by their covers! I judge these as "fucking awesome."

Hey Bill;
Those two words together always remind me of my dog.-
Is that last 5th one on the right there, by William S. Burg? I see the tell-tale Pabst Blue Ribbon label and he is such a fucking genius, like usual.

Bill, I'm beginning to suspect you have a bunch of slaves chained up in your basement. One guy could not produce all this work and stay employed and married. It's just not possible.

I invite visitors over to the house and tell them that we will print stuff for their press. Then I chain them to my 1200lb letterpress and keep them here for weeks printing things for me. The chain is long enough that they can reach the area to bind books but just a bit too short to reach the telephone.

Hopefully Jordan and Justine do not read this post as I have been trying to get them out here for a while now to print stuff, you know, for their press.

Bill

I have an old telephone in the garage. You have to crank it and ask Mabel to connect you to PEnnsylvania 6-423 for the police. The last person that tried it asked for PEnnsylvania 6-432 by mistake, which is a company that sells used Japanese girls underwear from a vending machine.

Bill

Our exchange name when I was a kid was GArden6. I never understood how saying "garden" was quicker or easier than saying "4,2." PEnnsylvania is extra ridiculous, being five syllables and all.

When I lived in Topanga canyon in the 80's everyone had the same first three numbers, so if you asked someone for their number they would just give you the last 4. That was convenient and folksy. And if you were really high, which a lot of people up there were, it was much easier to remember you herb dealer's number.

Now I couldn't tell you my own home phone number. I don't even know Carol's cell number...I just know I press 5 on my phone, and there she is.

Hey, 1 goes to voicemail (luckily, since I wouldn't know how to get my voicemail if it didn't). 5 is the only number with a little bump on it, so I can find it without looking.

Yeah, all women do. And you have to be able to find it without looking. If you didn't know that, your wife is probably not happy, yo!

I invite visitors over to the house and tell them that we will print stuff for their press. Then I chain them to my 1200lb letterpress and keep them here for weeks printing things for me. The chain is long enough that they can reach the area to bind books but just a bit too short to reach the telephone.
I can vouch for this. Those were the most horrific (and yet best) three weeks of my life.

Athenaeum now available from Bottle of Smoke Press.

This announcement is only going to members on this forum and my facebook group as well as my customers with standing orders. There are not many left, so anyone interested should contact me at [email protected] asap to guarantee a copy. This project is EXTREMELY involved. The project is as follows:

Athenaeum is a release limited to an edition of 26 copies. Short Stories. Each book contains 28 pages and measures 5" x 7". The release contains 5 hardback hand bound books housed in a custom clamshell case (individually covered with actual foreign currency.) Each book is signed by the author, lettered and contains either an original piece of art, or a holographic poem.

The books contained are as follows:

justin.barrett - Periodic Fables of the Elements - Contains an original handwritten poem by the author. Covered in images of space from a book on the cosmos.

Soheyl Dahi - Intensity - Contains an original acrylic painting. Covered in US postage stamp sheets.

Stephen Hines - in this field - contains an original handwritten poem by the author. covered in an original grave rubbing.

Hosho MccCreesh - We Might Just Save this Night Yet - Contains an original painting. covered in beer labels.

Michael J. Phillips - Karaoke Fever! - Contains an original ink drawing on antique paper. Covered in Origami paper.

The price of the edition is $200. Shipping is included in the US, but please add $10 shipping outside the US. This is a heavy set and will need to be packed well for international shipping.

Only 26 copies of this release will be made. Orders will be shipped out 5 days after payment is received. I have outstanding orders and contributor's copies that only leave about 10 copies for sale. This is by far the most involved release from Bottle of Smoke Press to date.

Payment can be made to [email protected]. I have not made an e-mail announcement to my customers yet, so this will be the only place to hear about this release until I make the formal announcement.

Please see the photos.

Thanks,
Bill

62995_478050546717_514236717_7357538_4839971_n.jpg
61976_478050081717_514236717_7357525_2957801_n.jpg
60529_478049641717_514236717_7357510_2518742_n.jpg
57908_478049816717_514236717_7357515_1219168_n.jpg

Next time someone wants to argue that a literary blog should be considered a small press, I'm going to send them to this thread and say, "Make something like this with your blog and I'll agree."

Hammer it down, Bill. FTW.

Yep, what mjp said. Hope I grabbed one of the remaining ten. Why can't you small press types around here just print rubbish with shit care? I could afford a finer brand of Scotch. Some people, I swear.

Aren't we supposed to be looking at this thing through a pinhole in a paper plate? It's as beautiful and as rare as a solar eclipse...

[...] Why can't you small press types around here just print rubbish with shit care? I could afford a finer brand of Scotch. Some people, I swear.

Well, I do, but that's not going to save you any Scotch money. The price doesn't go down just because the quality goes down. That's not how capitalism work. Speaking just for my own crummy publications -- BOSP quality is always sky high.

David is one of those rare publishers whose every release is well thought out and a work of art. I can't wait to hold and read a copy of "ghost".

Bill

Well, I do, but that's not going to save you any Scotch money. The price doesn't go down just because the quality goes down. That's not how capitalism work. Speaking just for my own crummy publications -- BOSP quality is always sky high.

I'm certainly not overlooking the possibility you are full of shit. :D

David is one of those rare publishers whose every release is well thought out and a work of art. I can't wait to hold and read a copy of "ghost".
Bill, you are too kind. My publications are lucky (or unlucky) accidents. They do age well, though. Digital media makes all analog stuff look/sound/smell better. Another 20 years and me and every other hippie who ever ran a mimeograph will seem like geniuses (genii?)

I'm certainly not overlooking the possibility you are full of shit. :D
Bingo! I may be full of it about how capitalism works, but I'm right about BOSP equals quality.

Holy crap noodles - I received the set today and it is a top notch jewel. Really the most crucially crucial thing I've seen in a long time, small press or large.

Tomorrow I will find some white gloves or oven mitts and read them all.

Well done, amigo. A thing - or things - of beauty.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back