some are young and some are free by skinner davis (2 Viewers)

jordan

lothario speedwagon
we're proud to publish 'some are young and some are free' by skinner davis. this book is a collection of love letter paintings that skinner has done for his girlfriend over the past 7 years, and it is one of the most amazing things we have had the privilege of publishing.

the book itself is 60 pages, printed in color, and bound in a z-binding. one side measures 10" by 7", and the other side measures 7" x 7". the wrapper is printed on our epson printer with archival inks, and all copies are signed by the artist. we're doing 50 copies, and i expect them to sell FAST. (maybe they won't, but skinner has built up a good-sized cult following, and this is his first book.)

price is $30, plus shipping ($3.00 US/$5.00 CAN/$7.00 rest). it isn't up in our web store yet, so everyone here is getting first crack. below are some pictures of the wrapper - i haven't finished binding them yet, but copies are getting signed this weekend and should be ready to ship in a week or two. paypal to [email protected] if you want a copy!

also note that there will be a very limited special edition featuring a pop-up and (hopefully) an original sketch by skinner. these are a few months out, so we're not taking orders, but let us know if you want us to hold one for you. price will be $150 - $250.

P1040244.jpg

P1040246.jpg

P1040247.jpg

here are some photos of the deluxe edition... bound in custom-printed cloth-covered boards in an "M" configuration, with a pop-up! this is only the cover, by the way - there are plenty more surprises to come, believe me! in terms of complexity, this book might even surpass carol's book when all is said and done. ask me in six months when i finally finish all of them.

7olfjg

7oljb0

7on3ql

7on3z6

in case anyone is interested, i've been posting step-by-step progress reports on the deluxe edition over at the chance press blog. it's like that show "how it's made," only without the weird music and more boring.

i have to say i'm pretty proud of it! i'm happy that the book is heavy - with small press, you don't often get to make books with such heft, but i was consciously going for that with the extra-thick boards, canvas bookcloth, cardstock, etc. i just finished the publisher's copy tonight, so now i can finally enjoy it on my shelf!

This, I like. Love the title, and the art is great. Good luck -- although I don't think you'll have any trouble selling copies.

That title haunts me. I keep thinking "some are young and some are free, and some are old and bound in chains." Damn, I want to steal that title.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back