That Dream You Had Last Night. (1 Viewer)

I dreamed somebody found on-line the art I've done for Death At The Flea Circus, the Bureau Edition, and they copied it using watercolors, all run together like a continuous comic strip on big sheets of watercolor paper. I bought it on eBay. The images were mine but the drawing wasn't, and my oil paintings on canvas were now watercolors, smaller in size, the parakeets and rusty gun mixed in with the Daffy Duck UFO drawings. I thought, "Well this is obviously a rip-off, but someone must have been pretty desperate to steal my art." I wasn't angry about it.
I haven't, so I wonder has anyone had a dream that included a computer?
or a TV come to think of it
Or I can hide my age and add or an iphone or a dream that included texting????
It was a nightma e I couldn't push the lette...r
I've had a few dreams where I was using the Internet and it was evil, like a speedy drug rush, and something to be avoided. Speaking of which, for some reason I never mention computers in my fiction. I'm mentioned them a few times in poems.

I'm going to say "Yes, yes I was..."
(Not because I was...rather in the tiny glimmer of hope that it's a better explanation. Because, honestly, how much worse would it be if it simply sprug forth from my wretched little brain?)

Last night I dreamed the manicurist labor market was badly over saturated, hundreds of manicurists were lined up everywhere I went. The competition had become very severe among manicurists. No longer could they get away with just doing a customer's nails. Now they had to become the customer's confidant, trusted adviser, guru. I was listening to a manicurist leader making a speech to a group of manicurists as they all worked away, filing nails, buffing nails, painting them with polish.

No, I don't have my nails done. I have no interest in manicures. Strange dream.

My dream with Bukowski in it

It was in the 1980's in my home town. Charles Bukowski came to a visit (don't ask me why, apparently we were friends) and we (me and my friends/relatives I guess) made a cocktail party to welcome him. The room was big (at first I thought it was in my old apartment, but no room is that big) and all over the walls there were paintings with Buk on them. The most interesting was a huge painting done in a manner of the baroque ceiling paintings, with lot of cherubs in the cloudy sky who all had Buk's head (?!?).
Henry Charles stood there sipping his drink and grinning and I came over and told him, "Man, all these faces... Don't you get sick of them?"

Some time later we were in the street and I was carrying Buk (who was pretty much intoxicated by then) over my shoulder (his face looking back). It's not that I was that strong to carry him, he simply was weightless in some inexplicable way.
We were going down the street and on the facade of one of the buildings was a huge mural depicting a bunch of Disney characters (engaged in some kind of a fight, if I remember correctly). I looked at it and I told Buk that I had to confess I always had liked Disney and his characters (OK, Mickey Mouse was soulless (in Hank's opinion), but I preferred neurotic Donald anyway). He just gave me a strange kind of look and said nothing.

It was getting dark.
Further down the street we passed by a rambling TV crew and I noticed that one of the members of the gang spotted Buk.
They marched behind us. All of a sudden the camera lights turned on.
Reporter: Good evening, sir. Isn't that Bukowski?
Me: Ahahaha, nice one. That's my grandfather. He's from Malča (pronounced Mull-cha, a village near my home town, famous for its wine production).

By that time I got too aware that I was dreaming and starting to consciously fabricate the story to proceed.
I was fully awake and I missed Buk.

P.S. I dreamed this last night, wanted to make a new thread, but Google brought me here.
P.P.S. I was intending to tell the TV crew a story about my "grandfather" (Buk) emigrating to the States as a child and spending most of his life in California (dark) wine cellars tasting wines as a professional, hence having slit eyes and a bulbous nose, but I guess that was me awake, making things up.
P.P.P.S. Excuse my English.

I almost always dream in black & white. I'm wondering if that's because my earliest exposure to TV was that way too, I don't know. Does anyone else dream mostly in color ?

Ever had one where you wake up and look over to your woman (or guy) and they wake up as well and then begin to morph into a rabid monster, only to wake up again, look over to your gal still with that nightmare fresh in your mind, only to have the same scenario occur again? and again? and again? By the time I really did wake up and look over at her - it took a while to realise that I truly was awake this time. Hard one to explain to the missus.

Now to be all analytical about it, it was clearly my subconscious telling me to stop coming back to this she-beast, which I did repeatedly for 3 years. Note to self - pay more attention to bad dreams about people in your life...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back