The Days Run Away... (1 Viewer)

I started reading this. I'm about 50 pages into it. It's different from the other poetry of his I have read. Is it the Vicodin I'm on or does this kinda start off a little slow? I know I will learn to like it. but yea, just wondering what you all think about this book?

Maybe it's the Vicodin you're taking. The Vicodin I'm taking doesn't make me feel that way.

It must be it! I just had to have surgery on my knee... I'm just on a whirl with the Mockingbird. soo good. ill get in a few Horse Run Away... poems in each day though!

Vicodin, Demerol? What about some good old fashioned organic opium, morphine, heroin kinda stuff, instead of all the synthetic crap out there. Show you've got good taste, gentlemen. :hmh:

Last edited by a moderator:
In my neck of the woods, you can get a prescription for marijuana for anything from dandruff to cancer. Legally assisted suicide also available. Ah, the rainy NW, so green and gray and blue. Unless you're gay and want to get married. Then it's just green and gray.

Maybe, Josh Rock, you should put the Buk down while on the Vic and read something else. I find that reading Buk's stuff the first time sober a much more meaningful experience. When you go back to re-read, that's the time to be really, really wasted.

Heroin can get you prison, while gettin a scrip is easy and legal.

Good point, Bill! You can't get a script for heroin (but you can get scripts for morphine or opium).
- As an aside, we just had a Vicodin scandal over here. The company who pushes Vicodin got a lot of doctors and hospitals to use Vicodin instead of morphine and similar products. That ended up costing the hospitals and the doctor patients a lot more money than if they had gotten morphine, etc. instead. Vicodin is an expensive product, while morphine, etc. are cheap products having the same effect as Vicodin. So, now we have hospitals who refuse using Vicodin, and there's a debate going on about banning the methods (kick backs/gifts/bribery in various forms) pharmaceutical companies use in order to get doctors and hospitals to use certain brands of medicine. Even the Doctor's Society is now talking about banning accepting any kinda gifts to doctors from the pharmaceutical companies sales representatives, whether it's money, free medicine samples, or just a ball point pen with a company logo on.

Yeah, Delaware just legalized marijuana (up to 6 ounces a month!) and Civil unions all in the same month!

The Tea Party put up a candidate so unapealling to Delaware voters that we RAN for the polls and put every Democrat into office that ran in the whole state (well, one little Republican barely kept his seat). Elections have consequences and we are now closer to marriage equality (although civil unions is not marriage equality) and people will not have to break the law to try to extend their lives...

I do like peanut butter sandwiches. Strange.

Heroin can get you prison, while gettin a scrip is easy and legal.
Absolutely right. My dad was a state prison guard for 30 years. He still says sneaking it in behind a postage stamp the most clever method he'd seen.

Good point, Bill! You can't get a script for heroin (but you can get scripts for morphine or opium).
- As an aside, we just had a Vicodin scandal over here. The company who pushes Vicodin got a lot of doctors and hospitals to use Vicodin instead of morphine and similar products. That ended up costing the hospitals and the doctor patients a lot more money than if they had gotten morphine, etc. instead. Vicodin is an expensive product, while morphine, etc. are cheap products having the same effect as Vicodin. So, now we have hospitals who refuse using Vicodin, and there's a debate going on about banning the methods (kick backs/gifts/bribery in various forms) pharmaceutical companies use in order to get doctors and hospitals to use certain brands of medicine. Even the Doctor's Society is now talking about banning accepting any kinda gifts to doctors from the pharmaceutical companies sales representatives, whether it's money, free medicine samples, or just a ball point pen with a company logo on.
Here vicodin is super cheap, so is morphine, oxy-whatever. . .they do such a good job masking the pain caused by other medical "treatments" that cost as much as a house. My mom died of cancer, and she was on so much morphine at one point she thought everyone in the hospital were robots. $20 for a big bottle. Her chemo? About $15000 per treatment, needed a couple a week at one point. In the end she died not technically from the cancer but from oxygen deprivation, caused by being on so much morphine.
Jesus, I am a real downer. Sorry, folks. Signing off to watch the Bill Hicks documentary. More fun!

Yeah, Delaware just legalized marijuana (up to 6 ounces a month!) and Civil unions all in the same month!

The Tea Party put up a candidate so unapealling to Delaware voters that we RAN for the polls and put every Democrat into office that ran in the whole state (well, one little Republican barely kept his seat). Elections have consequences and we are now closer to marriage equality (although civil unions is not marriage equality) and people will not have to break the law to try to extend their lives...

I do like peanut butter sandwiches. Strange.

My hat is off to Delaware! It sounds like a great state in favor of progress.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back