THIS IS NOT A TEST (1 Viewer)

I guess you got it:

FB.JPG

And remember, kids - you first saw it at Bukowski.net. :cool:

Big Brother is watching, and he wants your applause – THIS IS NOT A TEST #32

What happens when I'm part of the audience at a live Big Brother TV show. Not to mention blown tires, wobbly CV joints, drifting, soggy in New York, Ed Sullivan, The Beatles, punk cred, the L.A. river, Julie's boudoir, the angriest white man in America, amping up the excitement level, lemonade, grade school pictures, how babies dance before they have full control of their bodies, the age of consent in Canada, trained seals, identical twins, good natured ribbing, making an ass of yourself, elevator conversations, smoke alarms, ceiling joists, rugs and curtains, unrealistic expectations and screaming.

http://thisisnotatest.com/big-brother-is-watching-and-he-wants-your-applause-this-is-not-a-test-32

Subscribe! iTunes - Stitcher - Email

this-is-number-32.jpg

Holy shit...the Loud Family's chirping smoke detector is pretty amazing. It's no disembodied head on a PVC-pike, but it's its own kind of madness to be sure.

It's still chirping, but now rather than once every 30 seconds it's chirping twice every 15 seconds. Still, they ignore it. I should start a countdown and take bets on when they will fix it. Five weeks as of now.

A hot night with First Aid Kit – THIS IS NOT A TEST #33

Let me tell you about First Aid Kit, and what it was like when I saw them perform the other night. Let me also tell you about the Inland Empire, cult-speak, living in a Walmart parking lot, plowing the same fields over and over, sibling vocal harmony as competition, authenticity, suffering for your god, the rudeness of Los Angeles audiences, angels and kitties, Black Sabbath, using your god damn phone to take pictures and video during a concert, feeling human, hitchhikers, movie theaters, Led Zeppelin, being among the 25% of podcasters who are too stupid or masochistic to give up, screaming from the top of Mt. Wilson and 11,520 birds chirping.

http://thisisnotatest.com/a-hot-night-with-first-aid-kit-this-is-not-a-test-33

this-is-number-33.jpg

i haven't been able to listen to it yet cause i can't stop staring at that picture!

Same here.

There's a book in that picture? :p

Huh, hu..."bonus". (drool, drool, drool):rolleyes:

Bukowski would have hated that woman.

The only thing I hate about that woman is that she's not on my couch.

I thought it was Barbara Frye. I've got catching up to do.

Number 33 was fantastic! I love First Aid Kit. I saw them at the Way Over Yonder festival on the Santa Monica Pier a couple of years ago. If you're not familiar with Conor Oberst, his most release LP "Upside Down Mountain" features the Söderberg sisters on background vocals/harmonies. I believe maybe 4-5 songs in total. Really, really good stuff!

it's chirping twice every 15 seconds

#ChirpWatch2015

When it DOES stop chirping (if it does), you should go start a fire over there...you know, just to see if it just died, or if they finally replaced the battery!

If you're not familiar with Conor Oberst...
He sings on a song on The Lion's Roar, doesn't he?

The opener for them last week was a guy named Andy Shauf and he has a song called, "I'm Not Falling Asleep" and I wish I could have said the same during his performance. I know you don't want an opening act that's too good, but I swear, the last three or four shows we've seen - I don't know where they get these mumbly, sleepy bastards.

you should go start a fire over there...
I'd be lying if I said that had never occurred to me.

Age is just a number - unless you happen to be old. THIS IS NOT A TEST #34

Listen while I extol the wonders of aging and sing the praises of getting up and doing the same thing every day, running naked through the streets, retirement, pensions, GOD testing Job, people who "don't see color," being in your 50s, filling up the Internet, the best place to sit or stand at a concert, going blind, having the stamina of an 18 year old, torn ligaments and separated shoulders, hummingbird feeders, dropping dead on your 35th birthday, doctors not actually curing anyone, changing lots of flat tires, eternal life and looking up at the sky and wondering what happens next.

http://thisisnotatest.com/age-is-just-a-number-unless-you-happen-to-be-old-this-is-not-a-test-34

this-is-number-34.jpg

well, she's wearing Barabara's glasses, but there seems to be nothing wrong with her neck (or any other body-parts).
I don't see a neck! And I've looked: really hard. Anyhow, now I am going to slip on my jammies, put my feet up, and listen to some good literature. And if there's time I may even listen to Mjp's latest podcast.

im puttin my jammies on as we speak! the winnie the pooh onesie, and settling back to scratch my sniff, smoke a spirit, snifter a whiskey, and feast my ears on this latest installment. man crushin hard on the poscast scene yo

sorry for the repost - just had to say, I did listen and had a few great laughs. 'the donut was good' ... i very rarely get a laugh out of fiction, really loved it, not just blowing smoke here

Great stuff, man. Exactly my kind of short fiction. I'm gonna listen to that one again.

On the technical side: How many words/pages was that?

Sorry about your friend, mjp. You made him a nice eulogy which I´m sure everybody who knew him will appreciate. He comes across a talented ans an extraordinary person.

gawd I had planned to go back and relisten to your story one, now I have this to get to first. for a guy who never gets hooked on art of really any kind, these get me

The MTV VMA Awards, Chrissie Hynde and The Pageant of The Masters - THIS IS NOT A TEST #37

Okay, let's talk about The MTV Video Music Awards, Chrissie Hynde's book interview and the Internet's reaction to it, and The Pageant of The Masters, which is something you've probably never heard of, but you've got to hear about it. And yes, I will also say a thing or two about the Oscars, the Wu-Tang Clan, N.W.A., power ballads, A Flock of Seagulls, a modern day Christ figure, hurricane Katrina, Laguna Beach-types, Mark Twain, ostriches and nostalgia.

http://thisisnotatest.com/the-mtv-v...-pageant-of-the-masters-this-is-not-a-test-37

this-is-number-37.jpg

I think there is something truly primal in a podcast. As primal as an etching on a cave wall or an arrangement of flowers on a grave or the telling of myths around a camp fire. It's such a real art form, I'm glad someone is fanning it's flames. looking forward to popping this latest release in to my tape deck as we speak.

That was a good one, Michael. I agree with you in regard to the political correctness hovering over all conversations. Sure, you get to think more about what you are about to say and evaluate your own opinion but you worry so much about saying it the right way that you have no air left in your lungs when you open your mouth.

Facebook. Ever heard of it? THIS IS NOT A TEST #38

This Facebook thing, think it'll catch on? Also, gay marriage in Kentucky, cats are henchmen for the dark overlord, knock-off Prada bags, Soviet apartments, geocities, pictures of car wrecks, chosing convenience over quality, hedge funds, the Holstee Manifesto, five thousand dollar bicycles, mystery meat, snake oil, those Victorian-era bikes with the giant wheels, taxidermied deer feet, 80 year old hammers, wiping your ass with a corncob and Ben Franklin.

http://thisisnotatest.com/facebook-ever-heard-of-it-this-is-not-a-test-38

this-is-number-38.jpg

There's a Ben Franklin look-a-like who does walking tours too. Likes to drink as well, just like the original. :confused:

I have it on good report that the kids no longer 'Hey, babe, wanna watch some Netflix and chill' as their preferred propositional trope. Now, it is 'hey babe, let's listen to This Is Not A Test, perhaps have a conversation about real ideas in the process .. and theennnnnnnnn chill'

I was listening to the episode about the photo mat clerk yesterday with lady of class and sophistication and she took great offense to the idea that people at photomats might stash an extra print of the occasional nude that comes down the line. A heated argument ensued. It was great!

New Mexico author and artist Hosho McCreesh - THIS IS NOT A TEST #39

An inebriated "interview" with author and artist Hosho McCreesh. Including discussion of telephones, Hot Pockets, the Guerilla Poetics Project, pre-established familiarity, Four Roses bourbon, apology and explanation, leaving your balls at Disneyland, buying fake purses in Juarez, all jobs are lousy, people who use typewriters are assholes, the shrinking world of the aging, binding books with Admiral Kurtz (a.k.a. Bill Roberts), writing running its course, being stuck on a tiny dust mote in a vast emptiness and lack of preparation.

http://thisisnotatest.com/new-mexico-author-artist-hosho-mccreesh-this-is-not-a-test-39

this-is-number-39.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back