What I'm having for dinner. (1 Viewer)

I think I'm gonna try it. I just had anchovies on two different kinds of pizza so tuna would be a milder version. It can't be too different than tuna caserole.

Last night we had turkey with cranberries in the stuffing, mashed potatoes, gravy, french cut string bean casserole and some canned cranberry sauce. Pumpkin pie for dessert.
Oh! and we are thankful.

I put the tuna and cheese on top of a speciale that already had bacon, salami, champignons and cheese waiting there. I only had two kiwis this morning and yeah, eating can be so satisfying.

I like SPAM sliced thick and fried in olive oil and then melt some fontina cheese on top. Place the crispy spam on a slice of german black bread with mayo,german mustard with purple onion,minced grape tomatoes and radish sprouts. Four potato pancakes with apple sauce and sour cream. It goes very well with a dry white wine. This is what I plan for dinner tonight.

For me, there's nothing quite like kangaroo pancreas sauteed in a rendered fat and butterfly wing sauce. You pour that over some dry seaweed and millet, and you've got yourself what we used to call "The Trolleyman's Brunch." Simple fare, but satisfying and colorful.

Well for dessert try some rice crispy treats with some curry powder and a secret little ingredient I may have to mention in another thread. Butterfly wing sauce so overpowers the wild outback flavor of the pancreas. Ketchup is all you need.

4 spring rolls later

Err... when I opened the fridge to look for a hot sauce, the noodle salad claimed its freedom and flew straight onto the kitchen floor. This has been such a beautiful day. The evening fits in perfect. And I burned my mouth.
4 more in the pan.

I like SPAM sliced thick and fried in olive oil and then melt some fontina cheese on top. Place the crispy spam on a slice of german black bread with mayo,german mustard with purple onion,minced grape tomatoes and radish sprouts. Four potato pancakes with apple sauce and sour cream. It goes very well with a dry white wine. This is what I plan for dinner tonight.
Can I take out a life insurance policy on you?

photo-11.jpg

A wonderful steak and bleu cheese wrap from a place called Hero's in Fullerton, Ca. It's a leftover from my lunch today. But when all is said and done, it's the best tasting dinner I've had in days!

I had a heart attack three years ago and now have a stint in my heart. I have since lost thirty pounds and brought my LDL levels in line. I only eat stuff like this a couple times a week. Life is too short to eat bland food.
MR Pigmantoo,I plan on living at least twenty more years.

neither jordan or i like to cook, but we have decided to TRY. recently, we were flush with gift cards to target, bedbath&beyond and crate&barrel because of our wedding shower. so now we have stuff to cook with - previously we had one 2-egg frypan and one large pot and that was it.

the recipe for the above:
fry a cup of quinoa in a little oil (stir around for a few mins to brown)
add 1.5 cups of water, bring to boil, turn down heat way low (quinoa is done when water is all gone)
peel and dice a kabocha squash (a little pumpkin with a creamy, dry, nutty flavour), boil till soft
slice some onion, throw in fry pan, cook to brown, sprinkle a tiny bit of sugar over, cook till more brown
cut the ends off some brussels sprouts, toss in oil/salt/pepper, put in oven at 450 for 15mins
5mins before taking the brussels sprouts toss in some minced garlic and fresh herbs. once done, squeeze a bit of fresh lime juice over and stir in.
mix some oil, balsamic and paprika and salt and pepper in a jar. shake.

assemble:
scoop of quinoa
layer of spinach
scooop of kabocha
scoop of onions
pour over dressing

serve w/brussels sprouts

this was incredibly, amazingly good, by the way. highly recommended.

also: if you think you hate brussels sprouts, you really need to try them roasted this way. whole different taste.

Yeah - that looks like the Asian veggie patty I had last night. Microwaveable, by Morningstar. Easy, uncomplicated bachelor cooking....

I got a case of asparagus cleaned it, blanched it and pureed the whole box. Now to find the best recipe. I'm thinking in the direction of crab and asparagus. I'll have to pick up a loaf of fresh french bread- or is it freedom bread now.

ummm, that's a sign of shopping in the wrong aisles.

I've been poor (self imposed) and I never ate that shit.

I've been depressed and medicated and never ate that shit.

I've been...anyway, you get the point.

Oh now hooch, why oh why did you have to bring up the ex! :eek:
I mean beyond the throwing hot boiling pots of coffee at me, she certainly knew how to shop the right aisles!

hey, don't blame me. blame the grocery store. I watched a show on CNN, and they said most grocery stores are designed and stocked to piss off ex(or about to be)-boyfriends. the demographics support this.

blame Safeway.

I'm pretty sure Michael Moore did a movie about it.

The grocers around here are all selling 8 lb. bags of russet potatoes for about 59 cents.

Not per pound, but 59 cents for the whole fucking bag.

My Irish ancestors are watching in envy. I can feel it. And tonight dinner was mashed spuds (light butter/1% milk) and a Boca spicy chick'n meatless patty.

True story, folks, I am poor and I just got into buying Beefaroni again in the last year or so. In fact, let me go check, I got a can of Chef Boyardee Beef Ravioli today that contains a "Full Serving of Vegetables." They have sooooo many varieties now, I'm guessing twenty, though I have it only once a week.

It usually cost a buck so the price is right for me.

This can contains 30% of daily grains, 20% of daily vegetables and 10% of daily meat.

And I love the Beefaroini theme song, one of the best tunes of all time!

Chef Boyardee...only the finest. But DAMN that shit stains bowls like no other, I have my fair share of bowls with that permanent orange ring in them.

I had Chinese egg noodles(left overs) added some deli pastrami, tomato paste, dark soy sauce and some sweet and sour sauce. I'm alive today but strange dreams last night.

Canned food has too much sodium.

If I'm not mistaken, the French actually eat vomit, don't they? I seem to recall that they sautee their snails and calf heads in it...

That's what it smelled like last time I was there, anyway. I only ate bread. Everything else was some combination of brains and pancreas, and I'm just not down with that.

I must add, that at the end of the meal I was pleasantly surprised, it was not half bad I tell ya!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back