What I'm having for dinner. (2 Viewers)

Tonight I'm having a...get ready...here it comes... HAM ON RYE sandwich. The ham is not so tasty and the rye isn't as dark as it should be. With mild American mustard and some lettuce. More cheeses and olives. Slice of white Italian bread slathered (there's that word again) in butter and sour cherry jam. Buckwheat tea (Soba-cha).

Now smoking a pipe and looking longingly at a bottle of whiskey that I keep on the floor.

Tonight was my mom's Parmesian chicken and brussel sprouts. Tasty.

To slimedog: I'm hoping to visit a friend of mine in Boston (specifically at Emerson College) some time in the next few months and I was wondering if you know of any relatively cheap restaurants in that area that I could take them to and surprise them with my outsider's knowledge of the city that they live in. Any ideas?

There is a bar in my neighborhood that puts out a Friday night self-serve dinner spread. Tonight was meatloaf, twice-baked potatoes, and steamed broccoli/cauliflower smothered in cheese. You would be wise to ignore your cholesterol concerns, but man is it tasty. All made from scratch by the owner, who is an experienced food/beverage wizard. Great live music beginning at 9:30 also.....

As a working class Bahston boy I can't help but notice I don't even know what some of youse are eating?

And taxi driver I'll e-mail and give you any knowledge I can.

Great Mexican place ouside of Kenmore Sq, Sol Azteca, my favorite restaurant in Boston and not too steep, get the cactus.

You guys eat cactus? :confused:christ I thought i was bad all those years ago when i'd eat flowers. however, when full of alcohol and your order is ages in coming, one tends to eat whatever may be available at the time :D

I had some Hawiian pizza that we were surprised had to be cooked when I picked it up- must be some kinda California thing. Wife was pissed when I brought it back.

We were supposed to eat half of it and the rest at Super Bowl Sunday. It's all gone now.

Now I'll have to get some sushi tomorrow.

I had some Hawiian pizza that we were surprised had to be cooked when I picked it up- must be some kinda California thing.
Not the California I live in. But then everything North of Oxnard is a mystery to me, so maybe raw pizza is a California thing. Down here in SoCal/NoMex they bake the pizzas in real pizza ovens. You can take them right home to feed the wife. Very convenient.

We're from Boston and never saw something like this.

It's a chain called Papa Murphy's and you take it home and cook it. I thought it was okay.

Tofu Dogs.
I've mentioned before that I'm vegetarian.

But I did smear my face with the cremated ashes of Jesus today,
so I'm safe there.

What?

If you eat those uncooked tofu dogs in the open area in front of your "residence" is it a clever homage to COLD DOGS IN THE COURTYARD?

Vegetarian refried bean and monterey jack cheese burritos (2) with a side of tandoori rice. The rice was outstanding considering it was just one of those two-minute microwave bags. I had to restrain myself from devouring the entire thing.

So, yeah - Mexican and Indian. I think I just invented a new culinary fusion.

I would modify that lamb curry taco idea and substitute stewed goat instead of lamb. I dunno - lamb has that gamey/sour taste to me that I can't quite get over.

But stewed goat meat - in the traditional Indian/Pakistani spices is just awesome. About the same consistency as beef-stew/chuck-roast cuts, its all about how you cook it. Low heat - long time. Crockpots are best.

The taco itself would be :

steamed corn tortilla
goat stew
anejo cheese, melted
teaspoon of salsa/enchilada sauce

served with
tandoori rice
refried beans

Finished off the tandoori rice with a heaping side of green beans. Plus two slices of garlic toast. Bottled water to wash it all down.

Being Friday night, last night,
It was another fine liquid feast for my workmates and me...
There are many good things about working for this
unrepetant liver-transplant-survivor alcoholic...
One being the sense of authority and rightness he imparts
to the notion that drunkeness is better than godliness in
so many ways (if only I can remember what they were now that
I'm lying here in recovery)... oh well could have been worse
as his inviation to us alludes... (not a picture of him BTW)

beeroclock.JPG

Oh, That's why...

Tofu Dogs.
I've mentioned before that I'm vegetarian.

But I did smear my face with the cremated ashes of Jesus today,
so I'm safe there.

What?
It's not His ashes but the ashes of the palms from Palm Sunday. ;)
My grocery store has asparagus $1.00 a lb. and we have a vegetarian cook book. In honor of Father Luke I will use the cookbook tonite. I will curse him later when I pee. I know that has to be good me.

An oven-roasted turkey breast sandwich on whole-wheat, topped with monterey jack cheese, sliced tomatoes, onion sprouts, and mustard. Potato chips on the side, and a glass of fruit juice.

Actually had two "dinners" tonight. Pre and Post-gig.

1) Chicken-stock rice with green beans and bread.
This prepared me for an evening of recreational libations.
Lots of carbs to line the stomach...

2) Six hours later, the bartender's girlfriend made a surprise dinner.
Medium, peeled tail-on shrimp sauteed in butter and garlic,
tossed with pasta in a simple cream sauce, with parmesan cheese
and crushed red pepper. Dessert was a cookie - peanut butter/sugar cookie with sprinkles and an espresso-chocolate center.

(Nigella Lawson recipe for the cookies)

I have few complaints with life right now.
Except the fact that every meal
for the next week and a half
is totally going to suck in comparison.

Bami Goreng (Indonesian dish) with a green salad, which makes the wrong combination, so the salad will be eaten apart. Chocolate pudding for desert, which makes the combination even worse (but cannot help liking chocolate pudding).

Marjan v.d. Meulen
Holland

I had a ham and cheese sandwich at a place called Crepesville that abounds with hipster folks -shared with Mrs. Slimedog, but y'know it had sprouts and pesto spread and all and then I shared a apple and chesse crepe-we live in Calif. so all should be forgiven.

I had lotsa beer & black russians later at the blues bar, I'm too old to be a yuppie. I just like some of their food.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back