What I'm having for dinner. (3 Viewers)

Not long ago I had a massive whopping hamburger from a little fish & chip shop from around the corner. It's run by a Greek family and they're brilliant. Can't beat a well made, home made hamburger so I feel for the Americans here. They mainly seem to eat the mass produced horrible ones :eek:

Last Night: Sambal green beans with trassie (trassi), crushed coconut and tempeh of course. And brown rice. It was delicious.

I had some excellent homeade chicken soup earlier, but today, I think I'm going to concentrate on getting "tore up", I've made it to the half century mark, and I'm feeling a vicious bout of melancholia coming on...

...today, I think I'm going to concentrate on getting "tore up", I've made it to the half century mark, and I'm feeling a vicious bout of melancholia coming on...
Well, happy birthday, but don't feel too bad. 50 is the new 30, haven't you heard?

Yes, yes I did hear something to that affect. Of course, it's pure foolishness on my part to be wistful about another day on the calendar. I should not have gotten into that Merlot so early in the day.

Many pardons for all the sturm and drang.

As they used to say when I worked at the cemetery:

"Any day above ground is a good one"

choipino, or however the fuck you spall it - shrip, mussles, some kind of white fuish, scallops and tomato suase

must've been wine in it... hope my aa sponsor doesn't read this

then i drankl a bottle of salad dressing.

Last night: Fried leek, brown rice, melted light cheese, Grecian (Greek?, speaking of spelling) salad.

Porto
Sauteed tofu ,with eggplant, onions, garlic ,
ginger ,green peppers and mushrooms.
Then very smelly goat cheese with baguette
Yummm!

About 18 months ago i moved back to the same area as my mum. I go there a couple of times a week to see she's doing ok and she usually just so happens to have cooked when I'm there. Aaaaaah mums, dontcha just love 'em?

Fettucine with garlic asparagus and bacon tonight

Nah, the scent just sort of wafts up.

I read somewhere a few years ago that "asparagus piss" occurs in one out of three people.

Am I a vast reservoir of useless information or what?

Speaking of vegetables and whatnot..........many years ago I used to make a pretty mean vegetable stew type contraption. A pile of us guys would get stuck into it then fart our heads off ala Blazing Saddles all night long

One night we did the stew thing then a few of us went to a pub for a few beers. A bunch of English soldiers came in drunk as skunks as soldiers are wont to sometimes do. They were celebrating someone's birthday. Anyway, I said to the others "watch this" and casually sauntered over to the soldiers and let a long silent one rip, then walked away. Sure enough a couple of minutes later a dozen soldiers were covering their noses and accusing each other of dropping the foul stench and almost got into fisticuffs over it :D

Decaf coffee with milk - heavy cream - no sweetener
Tofurkey Italian Sausages - eaten out of the pack cold (3)
Chinese Pea Pods stir fried with Shitake Mushrooms
Steamed White Rice

I may have some snacks later.

edit:
first snack: one apple - Gala (non organic) from Washington

edit:
second snack: leafy green salad with baby tomatoes, roasted salted almonds,
and sunflower seeds - roasted unsalted

Three slices of sprouted wheat bread with Extra Virgin Olive Oil,
and Balsamic Vinegar for dipping

More decaf with heavy cream

sardines in mustard sauce here, with crackers and pickles, peppercinis and sweet red chili peppers, plus garlic olives and cheese. and vodka.

We're from Boston where lobster is king, on the west coast it's crab. So on New Years day we had crab from the supermarket and it was great. Also, potatoes augratin and stringbeans. & a little carrot cake for dessert.

& a little champagne, vodka, jagermeister & beer along the day.

Various cheeses, Italian white bread, olives stuffed with garlic, olives stuffed with almonds, artichokes in olive oil and cold cuts. Strawberries topped with amaretto for dessert and a big mug full of tea with lemon and honey. Then a cheap American-made cigar and a look at Buk.net. Off to bed with some more amaretto. I'm a working class ethnic and this is how we live, every fucking day of the year.

Okay - let's fight

Salad with: almonds - slivered and whole - tiny tomatoes, sliced red and yellow peppers,
green leaf lettuce, organic salad mix from Trader Joe's, mozzarella cheese balls in olive oil,
sunflower seeds - roasted not salted - half an avocado, vigin olive oil,
and basalmic vinegar.

Spouted grain bread for dipping in the olive oil and vinegar.

Decaf with heavy cream to drink.

Being ethnic, working class and vegetarian, this is how I like to eat.
Some days I forget to eat, or I don't eat when I'm fasting.

I don't know what "ethnic" means, but I am working class, and a used to be vegetarian (for 24 years), and last night I had a Wendy's hamburger and a vanilla shake.

That's how us ex-vegetarian, working class, great, great-grandmother-was-full-blooded-Oglala-Sioux (does that make me ethnic?) types roll, bitch!

Garlic-breathed and tomato sauce-stained!

No, it does not make you ethnic. (Just answering your question)

Actually, being ethnic is a feeling of being somehow different. I can "pass" as a regular American, right down to my accent and L.L. Bean clothing, but I don't feel that I'm the same as, oh, let's say, a bunch of Episcopalians in New England. Their diet, for one thing, would probably nauseate me. But I've got the jump on them, because I know all about them, and they know nothing about me. Is this pretentious enough for you?

And those Seattle guys and their coffee. How the fuck are some johnny-come-latelies going to tell me anything about "premium coffee" when there were at least 3 espresso machines in my house as I was growing up?

Ditto the Sopranos. That Neapolitan dialect is what I heard in my neighbourhood all my life. Their food is my food. (Mom's a Latin)

Man, I'm rambling!

Stugots! (Actually "stugats" or 'questo cazzo')

I don't know what "ethnic" means, but I am working class, and a used to be vegetarian (for 24 years), and last night I had a Wendy's hamburger and a vanilla shake.
That's how us ex-vegetarian, working class, great, great-grandmother-was-full-blooded-Oglala-Sioux (does that make me ethnic?) types roll, bitch!
lol
mjp that's the way to do it!
Don't try , go all the way,
then you may lose friends, your wife, your job...

My son is the cook. Stir fried tofu with green and red peppers, mushrooms, onions, lots of garlic,fish sauce. Belgian bread, smelly french cheese, 2 glasses of red wine, strawberry ice cream ,2 glasses of porto, maybe 3 or four...

I'm no Italian, but my Godmother was.

Belian bread? Don't they use the Euro?
I had Focaccio bread-made from a mix you add 12oz. beer and olive oil to. Pier One.
I didn't have any red bell peppers or tofu. No wine, no guts.

My son is the cook. Stir fried tofu with green and red peppers, mushrooms, onions, lots of garlic,fish sauce. Belgian bread, smelly french cheese, 2 glasses of red wine, strawberry ice cream ,2 glasses of porto, maybe 3 or four...

Oh, man, that smells good! (Although I can't have any fish).

This is not what I had for dinner, but I thought I'd throw this idea out there. This guy at work was telling me his secret for making ribs. First, he boils them in two 2-liters of Coca-Cola (with a shot of Jack Daniels and a touch of Liquid Smoke), then grills them. Right before taking them off, he bastes with BBQ sauce. Sounds pretty awesome to me.

If we get a break in the weather here, I will test this one out and report back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back