Will it make my iPod? (volume 2) (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great song! I used to listen to it a lot, because it was on the radio all the time when it came out around 1969-1970.
It brings back nice memories.

3. Eminem - When I'm Gone

am I the only buk.net member that enjoys rap/hip-hop? Anyway, you can't deny this sentiment, or talent. Well, I don't know, maybe this song just reminds me of too many personal things, but it's good.

I like Eminem, but not so much the serious daddy Eminem of that song. He's best (like most hip hop) when he's exercising his sense of humor, yo.

Gerard, huge Eminem fan, but have no idea what that is? , was a big hit, but it's very different from the link you posted, is this the song/video you meant?

Well they're both the same song? It is funnier with the proper video though, so thanks nervas.

This made me laugh when I first heard it a few years ago.

6. Eminem vs The Smiths - Without This Charming Man

The addition of footage from Russ Meyer's 'Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!' makes for a nice bonus too :D

Bonus:

Wow, I swear to God, I'm going crazy! Earlier when I clicked on Gerards link it was playing some mash-up by like eminem and 2pac? Or my computer is crazy, but it was not Eminem's without you, though, now it is certainly the right song. Welp, I guess I've cracked.

Must be a new week by now.

1) A song about ale - Traffic - John Barleycorn

[This video is unavailable.]

Bonus: Blind Faith - Can't Find My Way Home

BonussunoB: My very favorite Cream song - As You Said

yeah, I know, I'm old.

2. Stevie Winwood - While you see a chance

bonus: Talk Talk

For years all I listened to was sweet, lovely Punk. A friend of mine went to work for a music store and he drowned me in promo material and such. I gratefully took much of the free shit off his hands. Here in the States this was known as Waitia and I think it an amazing record. Bless his soul, he hooked me on stuff I'd never thought I would have liked.

4) Suicidal Tendencies - Instituionalized I saw these guys a few times in the mid 80's and once at a backyard party, I never feared for my life as much as I did that night. Pretty wild.

6.) Grand Funk Railroad- I'm Your Captain (Closer to Home)

These guys can sing.

Great bass part in that song, which is, by all accounts, the mark of a great tune.

And Mark Farner did the lead vocals with drummer Don Brewer doing the harmony/backing vocals. At one point, Grand Funk was one of the biggest-drawing arena bands in the world. There's also a live version of this tune on youtube from Shea Stadium, '71 and around the transition point in the tune there's a crowd shot of some bearded guy tripping his ever-lovin' balls off. Classic stuff.

Here it is:
The whole viddy is very '71. Trippin' guy starts at 5:13.

These guys ( or some of them? any of them?..they still call themselves Grand Funk Railroad) played last night here at a county fair.. and a few years ago I lived in a small town in norther Mi. where Mark Farner was born...ya well, Whatever......

New week? With their recent reunion and all, why not? God, I remember a time when I worshiped these guys!

1) Soundgarden - Fell On Black Days

Yeah, they were pretty good.

2. Twelve Thousand Days - Song of the Prophet

Cool. Also nice to see I'm not the only one surfing the Buk internet highway at 3am.

2) Johnny Thunders & The Heartbreakers - Chinese Rocks (man, even though Dee Dee Ramone wrote this song, Phil Spector and The Ramones absolutely ruined it. This Thunders version is unstoppable!)

Track from the "Candle to Your Eyes" album. Out August 3rd, 2010, from Asthmatic Kitty Records.

3. Shapes and Sizes - Tell Your Mum

4) Tenacious D - Fuck Her Gently (I remember seeing Tenacious D open for Weezer in Long Beach, Ca many, many years ago and when they played this song, the crowd sang along just as they do in this video. I went out and bought the album a few weeks later and this, 9 years later is still my favorite song from the album.

5. The Pretenders - Stop Your Sobbing

and apropos of fuck all: as every day passes, I dislike Henry Rollins more and more. even when I agree with him. maybe it's the tendons in his neck sticking out all the time, or the fact that with every syllable he utters there's a danger of getting showered with spit. he's a sibilant mofo.

7. Across the Universe - The "Beatles" from Let it Be - Naked.

To me, the best of the four versions readily available. This one is just John along with the sympathetic drone of what sounds like a tambura. No birds, no half-baked Apple heads doing "harmony," no psycho-nut-job wall of sound.

8) koRn - Oildale(Leave Me Alone) ... Oh they used to be great, their first two albums at least, and they have somewhat returned to form, with latest single...

These weeks just keep lasting longer and longer.

1) The Pogues - Sickbed of Cuchulainn

BONUS: The Pogues - If I Should Fall from Grace with God

"Discovered" this guy, Mickey Jupp and his band Legend, back when Stiff Records put out a compilation of his late 60s, early 70s stuff. So, in honour of the typewriter posts (the last one I got rid of over twenty years ago after the neighbours in the next building started egging my apartment):

Something else by him that doesn't have a Boris Karloff intro:

3. Dusty Springfield - Give Me Time

Dusty did wrong and stepped out on her man. she's sorry and humbled, and wants to come back. fine. but then there's this line:

When I'm sure I need him no more
That's when I'll reach for your hand.

HA! Dusty will come back only when she's good and ready!

Nice, love Dusty.

4. Louis Armstrong - We Have All The Time In The World

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back