A moment of silence in rembrance... (1 Viewer)

Well, it's the ninth here now...so, Happy 87th birthday, Buk! - And all the best to Linda Bukowski on this memorable day!...

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Bill! - That's right, I mixed up the dates...:p

Last edited by a moderator:
I take my hat off and raise a glass

for long may his words spread through the hearts and minds of those who find his books and see that down in the gutter there sometimes floats a beauty higher than the clouds

here's to you big man

It's been 13 years and I still really don't believe it. Such huge talent, such a giant of a man (although human with flaws), such a wild story. How can that die? It lives here.

"...and I call God a liar,
I say anything that moved
like that
or wrote
like that
could never die
in the common verity of dying
..."

what is it about Buk?

Man, I love this guy's writings--it has hit a nerve somewhere deep in my being. His story, his pain, his voice--just wonderful. Plain-speaking and to the point, Buk was the finest writer explaining the soul of the "outsider", the poetic everyman that walks through this world...ahh, what is all this sentimental shit? He was the best fuckin' writer of the 20th century--period.

Here's to you, Hank.

:cool:

buk, I miss you like a bastard. crazy and a bit of zealotry to miss someone you've never met, I know. but there it is. bukowski tapes and some wine and beer tonight.
best, Linda. hope this day is peaceful for you.

well, I've been reading Bukowski poems out loud to my 3 year old.
he was unmoved by "the tragedy of the leaves". he's not my son...
my wife didn't find that funny.
have had a couple of beers, and when I put the kid to bed in a few minutes, I'll tie on the booze trough.
wife isn't partaking tonight, we had a few bottles of wine last night, and I'd rather spent this evening soused solo, anyhow.
ah well.

Here's to you old man.....
I hope you're zooming around up there
With that wicked smile and a brawd (sp?) on each arm,
Savoring your good luck and fortune,
And with all your heroes in the back seat....
And toasting,
Toasting.
Salut!

Zoom

(Are you in that BMW?, Buk or,
"that blood-wine battleship she drives
with a weak battery, and the doors
hanging from broken hinges."?)

"...some critics say I write the same things over and over.
well sometimes I do and sometimes I don't, but when I do the
reason is that it feels so right, it's like making love and
if you knew how good it felt you would forgive me
because we both know how fickle happiness can be.
so I play the fool and say again that
it's 2 a.m.
and that I am
Cezanne
Chopin
Celine
Chinaski
embracing everything:
the sweep of cigar smoke
another glass of wine
the beautiful young girls
the criminals and the killers
the lonely mad
the factory workers,
this machine here,
the radio playing,
I repeat it all again
and I'll repeat it all forever
until the magic that happens to me
happens to you."

(from 'wine pulse')

cheers

"...some critics say I write the same things over and over.
well sometimes I do and sometimes I don't, but when I do the
reason is that it feels so right, it's like making love and
if you knew how good it felt you would forgive me
because we both know how fickle happiness can be.
so I play the fool and say again that
it's 2 a.m.
and that I am
Cezanne
Chopin
Celine
Chinaski
embracing everything:
the sweep of cigar smoke
another glass of wine
the beautiful young girls
the criminals and the killers
the lonely mad
the factory workers,
this machine here,
the radio playing,
I repeat it all again
and I'll repeat it all forever
until the magic that happens to me
happens to you."

(from 'wine pulse')

cheers

Some great stuff there, thanks.

Hey red! Tried to get through but this stuff is still a bit new. I want to talk more about B's views of women but am still frustrated with the net. Should be easier but isn't, ain't that the same old story. D

What is all this sentimental crap? It's like a bunch of girls crying if some boy forgets their birthday. Fuck this.

Oops, sorry, that got sent to the wrong place, my apologies. I'm still learning... hang with me I'm worth it. D

Ouch, sorry mjp, I've always liked your thoughts. What mark am I supposed to be aiming for?

Ouch, sorry mjp, I've always liked your thoughts. What mark am I supposed to be aiming for?
I don't know...any mark? A lot of your posts seem random, and sometimes I read them and have no idea what you're talking about, or if it's related to the thread.

And something like, What is all this sentimental crap? It's like a bunch of girls crying if some boy forgets their birthday. Fuck this. may be your opinion, but obviously it's tossed out there in hopes of getting a reaction, and you can't expect the reaction to be good. Which leaves the expectation of a bad reaction, which serves no purpose here.

Anyway, I don't know what you should aim for. But if your aim is to roll stink bombs into the room just to see the reaction, that's going to be a problem.

No I didn't and all apologies. March 8, 2007. I don't know or keep anniverseries but I understand they can be very important and again, I am sincerely sorry. I was not trying to offend. D

Wow, sorry man, I didn't mean it that way and I don't wan't to get booted out for acting like an ass. I think I got messed up on what thread I was on, started mouthing off on something totally unrelated. Inexcusable but understandable. I'll sit in the corner for a while and just listen if that's OK.

No I didn't and all apologies. March 8, 2007. I don't know or keep anniverseries but I understand they can be very important and again, I am sincerely sorry. I was not trying to offend. D

ahem, March 9th man. ahahahahaha.

what, you other guys saw it coming a mile away. we like to keep it precise here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back