Forum closing due to Coronavirus (1 Viewer)

I just noticed that the government cheese ($1200) landed in my bank account yesterday...

Too bad they didn't just split that 2.2 trillion between all of us. That would have been $6,700 for every man, woman, and child (in America). That might have made everyone a little happier.

I've seen the term "collective trauma" thrown around a few places on the internet when talking about the pandemic, and while I don’t know if it's collective (I guess that’s why I'm asking), I'm certainly starting to feel it myself. At the beginning of the quarantine I was sort of excited to see how much I could accomplish with all that extra time, and for the most part I did the best of my abilities with it. But after a while, even if I was being the most productive being on the planet, I felt emptier and emptier. Right now I kind of resigned to the idea that no matter if I'm watching a TV show I didn’t have time to watch before or doing chores or working on something personal, I'm still going to feel that way. So now I just kinda lay on my bed doing nothing whenever there isn’t anything urgent to do. I literally get no pleasure from anything. It’s like when you’re depressed, except I don’t consider myself depressed, since I'm actually sort of more hopeful for the future than ever before, specially with the fact that people are starting to speak up and inform themselves about serious issues like what is going on in the US, something I've been trying to do myself as best as I can (when I’m not working or resting in bed like a potato). It’s more like indifference towards my present self. In conclusion, it’s getting weird.

PS: I know this post may come off as whiny amidst the current state of the world, but I just felt I wanted to share my experience and maybe hear some of the experiences of the people in here. I wish the best to all of you. Take care!

I just noticed that the government cheese ($1200) landed in my bank account yesterday...

Too bad they didn't just split that 2.2 trillion between all of us. That would have been $6,700 for every man, woman, and child (in America). That might have made everyone a little happier.
No shit, right? The $ we got is a drop in the bucket compared to how much certain companies got. I'll take the 1200 & sure it will help but it ain't shit for many.

I've seen the term "collective trauma" thrown around a few places on the internet when talking about the pandemic, and while I don’t know if it's collective (I guess that’s why I'm asking), I'm certainly starting to feel it myself.
I hear ya and i get what i call the Coronavirus Blues. And from what you've said, sounds like depression to me but i'm no doctor. Been there too tho. It's okay also bc depression's on a scale. You could have lots, some, a little. My issue is i'm high functioning so i don't realize until i'm knee deep in the whoopla because i keep doing stuff. On the outside, things are normal.
Well, u are not alone my man.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back