Movies - Top 10 of all time (2 Viewers)

Think I'm answering myself here, anyhoo, this is a great film, very intense, sweaty and claustrophobic, (if it were a band it would be The Cure)

I love that film. By the way, whereabouts are you from? It's just the use of "anyhoo" made me think you might be from my neck of the woods (Newcastle) or Scotland maybe (unless it's a typo ;) ).

Yes, I'm from Scotland,the cold, damp north, full of tribal barbarians, (or so we like to think of ourselves). Yes it's a great film, difficult keeping it out of the Top 10. When I ask (plead) with people to watch it, they look as if I've just asked them to watch the sequel to Brigadoon.

Nobody up here in the frozen north got it either when I explained what the film wasn't. My sorry attempt at humour.:)
Here's a little unrelated humour that I like.

311165_267499680037994_904449902_n.jpg

foreign:
nuovomondo
stone raft
o'horton
antares

american:
ghost busters
white men can't jump
magnolia
american beauty
memento
total recall (See you at the party .. not a single ARNOLD flick on here so far? TR was bloody intelligent, too)

honorable mention:
big fish
edward scissorhands
donnie brasco
wes anderson (esp that one about the runaway kid)
great outdoors (candy)
la story (steve martin)
shawshank redemption
good will hunting
usual suspects (nobody else grabbed that one?)
harold and mod
gilbert grape
matrix
star wars
scent of a woman
modern times (chaplin)
blue brothers
office space
90s comedies (mallrats (when do i get to see the sailboat ..), weekend at bernies, what about bob, waynes world, pcu, city slickers, truman show, my cousin vinny, ace ventura pet detective)
romancing the stone
indiana jones (temple and raiders)
woody allen (esp sweet and lowdown, small time crooks)
amelie
forrest gump (quand meme)
terminator
avengers
x-men
untouchables
occasional animated number (monsters inc,finding nemo, up)
maybe a cohen brothers film once in a while (fargop, lebowski, o brother)
die hard (yippie kai yay mutherfucker)

I figured, many of mine have either changed or increased since 2008, so I am working on a new list...

Barfly
Siesta
Swoon
Lolita
Tarnation
Being There
Harold and Maude
Annie Hall
Willy Wonka
Me & You and Everyone we Know
An Angel at my Table
Stardust Memories
Cuckoo's Nest
Rope
Dial M
Deer Hunter
Blue Velvet
Blazing Saddles
Happiness
Chuck and Buck
Eternal Sunshine
Rabbit Proof Fence
Spinal Tap

All right none have changed, but there are some new ones! I think I might have to add:

The Squid and the Whale
Margot at the Wedding
Your Sister's Sister
Beginners
The Seventh Coninent
The Future
Magnolia

still thinking....

No particular order but per my own criteria must have seen in a theater at least twice.
Godfather
Children of Paradise
The Human Condition
Satantango
Big Lebowski
Heat
Nights of Cabiria
Andrei Rublev
Treasure of Sierra Madre
One-Eyed Jacks

Top Ten plus, in no particular order: Goodfellas, Monty Python & the Holy Grail, A Touch of Evil, Apocalypse Now, The French Connection, The Conversation, Amelie, Le Samurai, Mystery Train, The Royal Tenenbaums, This is Spinal Tap, and The Big Lebowski.

Help! this is one of my favourite films, but every time I watch it I get distracted at this scene by the song in the background, I think I know it, I don't know for sure, does anyone recognise it?

[This video is unavailable.]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back