New Trivia Thread - First with the correct answer asks the next question. (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I only knew that he ate chocolate bars when he was in dire straits.

Which famous rock critic embodied in cinema by Philip Seymour Hoffman was addicted to Bukowski ?

I only knew that he ate chocolate bars when he was in dire straits.
payday.png

No chocolate. Just peanuts and chewy caramel. Yum.

Which famous rock critic embodied in cinema by Philip Seymour Hoffman was addicted to Bukowski ?
I know the answer to this one but I ain't tellin' coz I don't want to have to come up with a question.

Here's an easy one.
What woman did Bukowski write to from his San Pedro home while he was contemplating a break from Linda Lee? He wanted her to see his house.

I believe he wrote Patricia Connell when he had a break from Linda King, not Linda Lee.

No need to be sorry. At least you had a bid. So far, I don't have any. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Well that could be any woman who wrote him a letter or met him somewhere... ;)

You got that right!!:eek: I've tried to look this up in the letters and I'm still stumped! I know one of you scholars has the answer-give it up!!CRB:)

Good job. Good morning David. I just finished reading Locked in the Arms of a Crazy Life last night. It was an easy read and packed tight with information. He did a good job researching that.

Next question please.

I know he visited an uncle (maybe living in Andernach) and Carl Weissner.
And he no doubt gave some readings in some big cities.

That's all
pamoi.gif

Guess, I'm out of competition on this one.

Ambreen: it was only one reading in one city - sure you'll find it easy! The uncle was right (Andernach). Weissner lives - where? The 4th could be tough.

But I think some cats here got 'Shakespeare' ...

Right On!! I'll need a few in order to come up with a question. Stay tuned...:)

Later that evening:

Okay- Bukowski very rarely went to the movies, but he did go to see a film thinking it might be something like his novel, WOMEN. What film was it? And for bonus points who was the director? CRB:)

Nope. This came 2 years later.:)

Now, it's not quite 24hours later here in EST, since I posed the Question. It would be nice if one of you fine knowledge-able folks would solve this puzzle before the night is through,(or before I pass out, whichever comes first).
If you DO solve it, you get to be the one to fly the next question!.....Every guess gets a hint...I'll even give one now- Letters-1977. :)CRB

I think it may have been:

The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh:D

or on a more serious note

The Man Who Loved Women

both fine films from the year 1977.

strangegirl got it! With Winnie the Pooh!
Just kidding, 'The Man Who Loved Women' is IT!
Congrats! Next question please.:)

Answer from Living On Luck; December 12, 1977- To John Martin(pg.237)

Damn it! I knew that would happen.

Okay I might need a day or two for this.

Please Bare with me.:D

Okay now i have some homework to do.:cool:

all right here it is.
I will warn you, and I know, probably not a good idea.
But i'm going to say it anyway.

I suck at trivia. But here I go..... this is a multiple choice, as i couldn't decide which one to use. You can choose which one you want to answer.

1. "Marvin finished his wine and got the attention of the waitress......"
What did she do?

okay and if that one was way too easy here's another...
actual trivia....

2. What was the name of his City College English Professor, and (bonus question) what Song and Lyricist team did he learn about, that gave him "songs that stayed with him throughout his life as they were particularly suited for drunken singalongs."

okay thanks for playin'.

I'll take my answers off-line.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back