Buk Trivia... Answerer becomes next Questioner (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Funny, I had an uncle working for years as a doorman in a big hotel in Santa Monica. My now very old aunt is still on an avenue, near the beach. His name was ....... Weihskopf. He was a proud German. So who knows?:confused:
Now , back to the question, did the Doorman invent the Easter Bunny?
I am trying to get in touch with my cousin to find out which hotel?

1) Mehr Licht!
2) Moose....Indians
3) Everybody's got to die, but I always thought an exception would be made in my case
4) Can I have a glass of Bernkastler Auslese, bitte?

'whadda' ya want, mother fuk'...

All right, Gerard, you knuckleheaded pest, it was THE GERMANS who invented the Easter bunny. It sez so in "Good Friday." The friggin' Germans.

if the GERMANS invented the EB, who invented the Germans? (I'm 1/4 German, so I mean no offence, I just really want to know if I'm related to the Easter Bunny)... CRB:)

Key to Earlier Last Words Posting

1) Mehr Licht! JWV Goethe: "More Light"
2) Everybody's got to die, but I always thought an exception would be made in my case. Now what?" Last words of William Saroyan, given to Associated Press. I forgot the last two words: "Now What?"
3)Moose...Indians. Supposed last words of Henry David Thoreau
4) Bernkastler Auslese, bitte.

fuck the boy scouts....

where are these from? haven't found them anywhere. Do they relate to anything, we poor foreigners won't know?

Roni, I was just trying to be a smart-ass. and 50% ain't bad ( eliminate smart, emphasize ass) I heard that these were W C Fields last words. While slipping in and out of consciousness. he told his wife " Martha (?), I want to give all of my money to the boy scouts" he then fell unconscious. upon awakening again he said " On second thought, fuck the boy scouts". and then died. Probably not true. but I always thought it was funny.

What were Bukowski's last words?

I can't tell you that, but I can tell you that when he
was buried, he was wearing a plaid shirt, a
windbreaker, a pocket protector with two pens

("Hank never took just one when he went to the race track. He had to have two.
In case one of them didn't work." - Linda Bukowski
)

And in his pants pockets were a comb,
and a love note Linda had written.

Source for all this information is:

"That's it." A Final Visit With Charles Bukowski
by Gundolf Freyermuth

--
Okay,
Father Luke

What were Bukowski's last words?

If this is unanswerable, I'll come up with another one ...

I think this one is unanswerable. Linda B talks about his breathing at the end in Born Into This, (perhaps in the extras) but I don't remember anything in the film or any bios or articles that tell us what his last words were.

So please Harry, come up with another.

Well, one would hope, within the confines of the honor system, that Harry knows the answer to his question. If not, then a good caning might well be in order. :D

Get out the cane. I kinda figured that SOMEBODY here would know this, but no. So here goes with another one:

In Women, Sara's guru is named Drayer Baba. What two unusual characteristics did Drayer Baba have?

You're up, Mr. Gerard K H Love. That set up one of my favorite lines from the book (page 275): After Sara finally lets him have sex with her, he says:
"... Drayer Baba, forgive her.
But since he never talked and he never touched money I could neither expect an answer nor could I pay him."

Hit us with a good one, Kurt!

I feel obligated to ask an easy one from a work of Bukowski's even the fucking new guys have read. If they are striving to take in the full essence of the great Bukowski they will know by heart who Chinaski said was his favorite singer. Who is the singer? The singer is still alive in fact with a birthday coming up.

This is a nice change for me, drinking bourbon and caffeine free Coca-Cola.

I doubt that...The favorite singer is mentioned in one of his more popular books.

Bono's birthday is in May, the singer mentioned has a birthday this month and was popular before 1981. Maybe Bukowski liked Bono later on but this question comes from what Chinaski said in a popular book.

This is going to be wrong, but I'll take a wild guess anyway: Tom Waits?
No, and not mentioned in a book. Tom Waits birthday is a couple of weeks too late.
dinky summers?

aka bob lind
No, but that guy is mentioned, somewhere. Bukowski uses the person's actual name.
I believe we have a winner?
You are free to believe whatever you like. I believe you are mistaken.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back