New Trivia Thread - First with the correct answer asks the next question. (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
..."Bukowski deliberately distorted the spelling of "poem" in the title hoping to loosen up the seriousness surronding the poetry scene-"... from HANK, by Neeli Cherkovski

:)

I pass the baton to CRBSMILE for finding that one.

Please find us a good trivia question. I'm all out of good ones and even just OK ones...

Bill

It's not a homework assignment and we don't want excuses we want results.

You are going to look it up at work, aren't you? (this would be where the wink would be placed.)

I find.:)

In a letter to Douglas Blazek, Bukowski writes-"...now all this talk from dear Ann about offensive obscenity.
o b s c e n i t y
even the word THE WORD WANTS TO MAKE ME RAM MY DICK THROUGH A CEMENT WALL, and she-knows it. you follow? of course you do. This --- ---- she talks about-
--- ---- -- ---- -----, ---- -------- -----, so forth- completely bad writing, very bad writing, the worst, he drivels his jackedup juvenile romanticscockism all up and down the pages wearing you out like a cheap pair of stocking wear out...."

Fill in the blanks. What author is Bukowski talking about? The other 2 blanks are titles of this man's books. I will give hints every 24 hours as needed until the question is answered. Good Luck!:)CRB

In a letter to Douglas Blaze...
OK, here we go...

Who was Bukowski writing a letter to in the 90s when he said. . .

"Women are far more dangerous than men. Men want to get away, women want a thing called vengeance."

Good luck..

William Packard.

The poem Sunbeam is collected in The Flash of Lightning Behind the Mountain.
In which magazine did it appear first as: A little bit of Sunbeam... ?

I've read that Bukowski Senior used to send them pictures of little Hank and also of his wife and himself smiling together to make them believe everything was all right in America.

Yes, the old brute wanted them to think they were living the good life in the New World.

Okay, we expect a great question from you now, Ambreen.

By expecting a great question from me, you're expecting to much from me :D

What is the common point between Charles Bukowski and Sebastian Bach ?

johann sebastian or hair metal sebastian? if you mean the latter:

i'm guessing the common point is...SKID ROW. one was in it, one feared it...

I was not talking of the composer but of him (the blond man crouching down) :

1657_photo.jpg

James is right, squid row is the common point. It was the name of Sebastian Bach's band and remains the overused term that designates Hank ("the poet laureate of squid row").

Your turn ! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
James is right, squid row is the common point. It was the name of Sebastian Bach's band and remains the overused term that designates Hank ("the poet laureate of squid row").

Oh of course, Squid Row - Buk's favorite restaurant. Never been there, but I heard they have one hell of a dinner buffet.

Last edited by a moderator:
ok, i'm not sure if this has been asked before, but here goes:

of all the book titles that buk came up with, which was his favorite?

you are correct sir!

in "the captain", page 28, he's trying to come up with a title for his yet to be published "last night of the earth poems", and mentions that he liked "confessions" best, but blew it on a little mimeo pamphlet.

petey, you're up...

Well talking about favorite titles mine is:

A Rambling Essay On Poetics And The Bleeding Life Written While Drinking A Six Pack (Tall).

In which magazine did it appear first ?

Mozart, Mahler, Bach, Wagner. were listed as his crutches.

Or I think Beethoven belongs on the list. Beethoven Sibelius Bach Mozart. The most references in his work are of Beethoven.

Sibelius was only referred to 5 times but made him feel good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back