Please visit my archives (1 Viewer)

Wauw! - You sure have a big Buk collection, hooch. It looks like you got them all (of course). And it's nice to see you also have a big non-Buk book collection. Thanks for posting the pictures...

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah cirerita hooked us up with the unpublished poems with the extra disc from born into this.

rimbaud be damned and i forget what else is in it right off hand.
cheers, henry...

cirerita :)

Offer me a trade and I'll hook you up.....
trade? what sort of trade, bill?

i've got a david barker collection coming to me, that is,
if it ever arrives...:D

hi bill,

it's good of you to offer. as for b, i only have the usual black sparrow publications (nothing rare/signed). i do have two wormwoods (133/138), and some locklin material, but i don't want to part with those, and a whole bunch of various british s.p. mags...

i've got a david barker collection coming to me, that is,
if it ever arrives...:D

Hi theonlygoodpoetisa:

Is this something that I was supposed to send you and forgot? As busy as I've been lately, I might have flaked out on something like that.

...And I don't want everyone on this forum saying stuff like "Yeah, you were supposed to send me $100" or "You traded me my Jewell book for your copy of Crucifix In A Deathhand." I'm not that flakey. Yet.

For anyone interested in David Barker books, I have a deal for you.

I will sell the following books and broadsides at a fair price with all of the money going to the Guerilla Poetics Project www.guerillapoetics.org. This will use great poetry to fund great poetry. We are a nonprofit venture. What I have is the following:

Books:

( ) Stories from the Brink SIGNED (2002) $5.00 (Sale $4.00)
( ) Quartet SIGNED (2003) $10 (Sale $8.00) ULTRA RARE. ONLY 2 left of 50 published
( ) Was here. SIGNED (2005) $5 (Sale $4.00)

CDs:

( ) Reading Lunch Hour Poems SIGNED $5.00 (Sale $4) David reading poems!

Broadsides:

( ) Narcissus of Salem LETTERPRESSED $1.00
( ) scattered LETTERPRESSED $1.00
( ) something/anything/two-faced LETTERPRESSED $1.00
( ) spooked LETTERPRESSED Mini Broadside $1.00

Please add $2 for postage to anywhere in the world. Payment can be made to the GPP account under paypal id [email protected].

This is a great cause that is helping to advance the small press as a whole. Many of the members on this forum are also members of the GPP.

Thanks and please excuse my crossposting.

That being said, The CD is worth hearing, if for nothing more than the smoky voice of David Barker!

Best,
Bill

Hi theonlygoodpoetisa:

Is this something that I was supposed to send you and forgot? As busy as I've been lately, I might have flaked out on something like that.

no, david, it's something i've ordered recently from bospress.net: i was just being facetious. sorry about that.

i look forward to reading your stuff.

iain

i don't know. maybe a week or two ago. maybe three. certainly no more than a month! my life is one long flake out. not quite sure which way you use the term - but it sounds appropriate... i can't even remember the collection that i ordered, only that it was $5 and signed...i wld have thought it would cost you more in postage

john

ok, here's the bookcases. if people can't see this, I give up. tech twit.

The thing I love about these pictures is that 1) The room looks so nice behind and then there appears to be a mess of books in the entertainment center and 2) that said entertainment center has as little space as possible for the stereo and TV equipment! I don't think anyone could mistake you for a couch potato.

The thing I love about these pictures is that 1) The room looks so nice behind and then there appears to be a mess of books in the entertainment center and 2) that said entertainment center has as little space as possible for the stereo and TV equipment! I don't think anyone could mistake you for a couch potato.

it's pretty sad when my computer monitor is bigger than my tv. but I have 2 working turntables that get quite a bit of use, so I'm a little backward in my technology priorities.

Of course, I'm not beyond flaking out! How long ago was it? I plan to make a trip to the post office on saturday.
hi bill,

david's chapbook arrived today, and you've generously added a couple of items gratis! many thanks! they look good and i'm looking forward to reading them. i would encourage anybody interested in lively and accessible writing to pick from the bosp catalogue...

over the years i've collected lots of stuff
now i wish i hadn't
i'm burdened with the wieght of so much baggage

this is not a statement meant
to downplay the significance of your 'archives'

i am no longer a collector
of ANYTHING

bien bien muchachos... pero en vez de estar colgando sus asuntos y provocando el hambre a uno!!!... tanto tesoro y uno con las tripas vacias!!!... asi no vale!!! escaneen todo y cuelgenlo, la parte uncolected está genial, Cicerita sos un verdadero fucking fanatico!!!!!... cómo haces man!!!!!!!!!!!!
cuelguense algo como regalito...

bien bien muchachos... pero en vez de estar colgando sus asuntos y provocando el hambre a uno!!!... tanto tesoro y uno con las tripas vacias!!!... asi no vale!!! escaneen todo y cuelgenlo, la parte uncolected está genial, Cicerita sos un verdadero fucking fanatico!!!!!... cómo haces man!!!!!!!!!!!!
cuelguense algo como regalito...

Hi Hanzpolila,
As much as we all love having members from all over the world, I can speak for only myself when I say that I do not speak Spanish and I think that out of nearly 1000 members, maybe only 3 or 4 speak it anough to effectively communicate.

I would love to know what your posts say, but other than the word "fucking" I cannot understand it.

Best,

Bill

Maybe cirerita can translate it for us. One sentence says he's a fucking fanatic, I think...

Last edited by a moderator:
I think he's saying he's jealous. A literal translation courtesy of babelfish says:

either or boys... but instead of being hanging its subjects and causing the hunger to one!!!... as much treasure and one with the guts vacias!!!... asi is not worth! scan everything and cuelgenlo, the part uncolected is brilliant, Cicerita sos true fucking fanatico!!!!!... how beams man!!!!!!!!!!!! cuelguense something like small gift...

Yes B.O.S ,I have similar bad habits,book shelves & record collections i have been warned off time & time again ,sheesh i was just lookin man,Its not like im goin through peoples bottom draws ,or is it?

cirerita, mjp, hoch, i wish that one day i can post here photo with collection looking as impressive as yours...

I finally got around to reading this thread. (since i've only been lurking a few months) but DAMN those are some sexy shelves! :eek: I wont say whose but I had to make one my wallpaper for the day.

Geeky bookcase lust, yes, I know it's a problem... :cool:

"my wife makes me go to someone's house for a party. I look through their bookshelves. This let's me know if I will have anything in common to talk about. Buk, Kerouac & HST good; white supremacist Anne Coulter and Bill O'Reilly bad..."

that's just what I do too. what's worse is when people come to my house where there are literally shelves full of Bukowski, HST, Kerouac, Burroughs etc and they ignore them completely. they zero in on something like Howard Marks' "Mr Nice" and say that they liked it when they were a student or something.

mind you one friend I have, a London book-dealer and persistent shop-lifter in his past, has every single first edition of everything you can imagine. when I leave his place he actually frisks me ! which is quite sensible really, because I know exactly where he stole those Samuel Beckett books from in the first place.

he used to come out of Foyle's bookshop weighing about two stone more than when he went in.

Stoned

"...mind you one friend I have, a London book-dealer and persistent shop-lifter in his past... used to come out of Foyle's bookshop weighing about two stone more than when he went in...."

Thanks for the great story. How many kilos or pounds is a "stone"?

i may have to reconsider marrying a bukowski collector - it's becoming more and more apparent what an expensive addiction this is!

i guess it's better than crack.

you can marry me, everybody knows I'm a xerox-kind-of-guy. I'm cheap! That doesn't sound very compelling, does it? ;)

thanks for the offer, but if collecting expensive editions of bukowski is his biggest downfall, then i think i've picked wisely ;)

Probably John Martin has the best collection. He did publish them after all! Linda had a greatcollection, of course, but that all went to the Huntington.

Montford sold his massive collection piece-meal, so that is not broken up and gone.

Of course, there are probably other large collectors that lay low. These are the ones that have millions and buy what they want, but are probably not known to many of us (maybe only a book bealer or two).

Bill

I am not sure how to post photographs damn it...you should see my copies of "erections ete" and " notes of a.."that I lent out to all my "frends" on first discovering the BUK in late 70s..falling apart and kids drawings all over! At least I got em back and always figured Buk would dig the look of em, Knowing they had been around!..we got to watch this unread look we anal retentives wear! rich g b

First things first:

Click this:
insertimage.gif
up yonder, if the picture is on the internet. If it ain't go host it over at
someplace like flickr.com.

The rest of the picture thing will work its way free from that tangle.

Now, on to the translation:

WoW ! You guys should see the collection I have!
Buk would've been proud of me. Ths stuff of his I have has drawings all over
it, it's dirty from use, and looks like I rolled around in my sleep with it while on
a 3 week drunk in Hollywood.

I'm just glad I got them back after I loaned them to my so-called-friends.
These books mean the world to me !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back