Prince - The Glory Years (Documentary) YouTube (1 Viewer)

very nice. I'll cue it up on my tv and give it a look after I get the kid to bed.

Does the audio ever sync properly on this? I've started it a few times and it's way out of sync which is way distracting...

i tried to watch it this morning but kept getting queasy cuz of that.

sorry, should've previewed before posting.

I stuck it out. I enjoyed the first half very much. the second half went down hill a bit.

it's funny, there was one talking head that was pretty insightful and knowledgeable in the first bit, but in the second bit he got on my nerves.

it's funny, there was one talking head that was pretty insightful and knowledgeable in the first bit, but in the second bit he got on my nerves.
Let me guess, the guy who said "No one listens to Lovesexy," and "Thank god for Batman."

It was interesting to see Dez talking about the records that came out after he was discarded. He's a cool customer. He told me a story about the guitar solo on Little Red Corvette, how it happened that he played on that (it was the first time anyone but Prince played on one of the records). Prince was working in the studio by himself, like he always did, and he called Dez at 2 a.m. and told him to come down because he "needed him to play" on the track. Dez said okay, and then before he could hang up, Prince said, "Hey, on your way over, stop at Rudolph's and pick up some ribs, will you?" So Dez always said the only reason he plays the solo on Corvette is because Prince was hungry and didn't want to leave the studio to eat. Half the musicians in Minneapolis had a funny story like that about him. Or maybe it's not so funny if you're the rib courier, but, you know, in retrospect maybe. ;)

Prince and Bukowski - two guys who went through hyper-creative periods (lasting a decade or more) where they produced more work than the market could accommodate, or their fans could absorb.

Wow, ask the dude a simple question and get a 38 minute answer! Good storyteller though, not surprisingly I suppose. Funny stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back