• If you start a thread here you have permission to edit the thread and your posts indefinitely. So if the status of your sale or auction changes, please come back and update the thread.

Question of value... (1 Viewer)

Hardcover copy of 'Play the Piano Drunk Like a Percussion Instrument Until the Fingers Begin to Bleed a Bit' 1979...

Not signed.

What would a copy in 'Good' condition be valued at approximatly?

thanks

Hi,
$150 - $175 on abe, but that seems a bit high. I paid probably half of that less than 5 years ago. Still, they do not show up on ebay often (I can't remember the last time that I saw one there), so if you want one, abe seems the only way to really go....

Groff's copy sold for a painfully underpriced $184 last year and that included a paperback 1st and two copies of the broadside!

So there you have it. I'm just glad that I have already picked up my copy. These seem to have become a bit scarce...

Bill

Yeah...

The copy I'm lookig at is an ex-library without DJ in G to VG. Has the library markings but looks to be -VG maybe.

What would you guys pay?

I'm not the Padre, but I'll answer...

I'd pay $25 for a book in that condition. Seriously. It is a reading copy, with no rare book value.

Bill

Yeah, ex library really wrecks the value as a valuable book. Plus, VG- in Bookseller terms is not so very good in real terms. Still, I'd take an ex library copy over no copy anyway. I just would not spend too much. How much are they asking for it?

Bill

I actually found a copy at the library here in NY. I couldn't believe it. So it's actually not an ex lib copy...

btw: anyone watching the Twilight Zone marathon on the Sci-Fi channel?

On some rare books, when all (relavtively speaking) of the non-exlibrary copies dry up, the exlibrary copies can take on a good value, but it's never more than about a fourth of the value of an unmarked copy. Example: I guy I know who paid $1,000 for a exlibrary copy of a book that was going for $4,000 otherwise. That's some serious money for exlibrary. Still, I wouldn't recommend filling your basement with hundreds of junkers from the local libarry sale (kind of like what I've done...)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back