Some Other Color Photography (1 Viewer)

esart

esart.com
Founding member
Just wanted to post a couple of other color photographers that I happen to really love. This was inspired by mjp's post about the Russian color photographer from the 1900s.

These photographers are current however. The first one I came across while I was on a search for images of Lapland and the Sami peoples (for personal, genealogy reasons) and not only did I find what I was looking for, but I found it in the way of amazing, artistic photography. I've been addicted to her ever since.

She is a French photographer named Céline Clanet.

10-maze-sami-lapland.jpg

48-maze-sami-lapland.jpg

03-maze-sami-lapland.jpg

50-maze-sami-lapland.jpg

This photographer caught my eye somewhere, but I couldn't tell you when or where or any of that. I really don't remember. But does it really matter? What matters is that I found her. She is from Chicago and she stole my heart some years back. And like I've said before, I don't usually go for color photography. I own one of her books, but its a B/W one, and what's funny is I didn't know it was going to be B/W when I got it. I thought it was the color I liked about her work, but it's not. The images are just as strong without the color. I was sorta blown away by that, so I kept the book.

And here is a secret. I steal from this artist all the time. I am publicly admitting to it for the first time ever. I haven't even privately admitted to that. Not to anyone! And this is why I never mention her. The truth is though, I think she is a genius and if it weren't for here, a lot of my art would not look the way it does.

32_matgre042.jpg

32_matgre041.jpg

32_matgre046.jpg

10_cantex001.jpg

10_cantex017a.jpg

32_matgre010.jpg

Ef'n cool. Really, i can see why you like the work so much. It's new to me so I don't have much to say other than wow.

Yes, I meant to say that they were seasonal too. Er, honest ;)
And I don't know if you've ever seen a parhelion aka a sun dog but they're caused by ice crystals which form high in the atmosphere and create a prism like effect. I knew about the theory behind it but found it hard to imagine how it actually happens but the second image there shows how it's possible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back