This here forum (1 Viewer)

mjp

Founding member
The latest forum upgrade includes a lot of new crap, so if you run into any problems or see anything weird, let me know. I tested it before installing it on the live forum and everything appeared to go smoothly, but you never know with this stuff.

Also, depending on how the new stuff is used (or not used) you may see some of it disappear eventually. We'll see how it goes.

Befriend, tag threads, upload pictures, make your profile page ugly as hell...and that's just the tip of the wart.

You can upload pics to your profile now, in "albums," similar to MySpace.

There's no use in tagging threads, for me, but some people like tags. If people start tagging threads we will generate a "tag cloud" on the search page, showing the most popular search tags in bigger text, less popular smaller - you know the deal, you've seen it elsewhere.

I'm not a tagging fan, but some people live by them, so who am I to judge. ;)

A few minutes later...

Hmm...actually, tags could be useful (even though I tagged this thread "useless"), but anyone can assign one, so I expect tag anarchy.

Befriend, tag threads, upload pictures, make your profile page ugly as hell...and that's just the tip of the wart.

so this is going to be MyBuknet, eh?
nice.

mybuknet.gif

Darn, someone already registered that domain last year.
:rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back