Unknown Bukowski pictures? (1 Viewer)

Some unpublished pics from Nov 13, 1991 at Hollywood Park racetrack shot by a German fan named Stefan Ulmen.

Novidade? Olá, encontrei esta foto no Facebook. Não encontrei uma referência à data e, infelizmente, não consigo encontrar nenhuma informação. Alguém pode me dar mais detalhes? Sou brasileira e amante da literatura Bukowsk, obrigada e mil beijos a todos.

20200812_113508.jpg

Excuse me!
I tried to post in English, but edited it automatically.
Follows the text of the post.
"New? Hello, I found this photo on Facebook. I couldn't find a reference to the date and, unfortunately, I can't find any information. Can anyone give me more details? I'm Brazilian and a lover of Bukowsk literature, thank you and a thousand kisses to everyone."

According to Bukowski.net Timeline it was the 18th of August 1985, when Charles Bukowski married Linda Lee Beighle.

Check that extraordinary place for juicy details like this:
Marries Linda Lee at the Philosophical Research Society's "Church of the People" in the Los Feliz area of Los Angeles. The ceremony is officiated by legendary kook (or occult scholar depending on your point of view), Manly P. Hall.

It's funny too because that section of South Philly is a nice & expensive section of the city, a bit hipster & young.
Regentrification changes everything. In the early 20th Century, the Bronx was exclusive and Manhattan was a hell-hole.

I learned something similar when the goodwife and I went to N'Orleans in 2010. She was looking for a nice spell of relaxation and I was looking for the history of Loujon Press. Needless to say, most of that has been wiped away with no evidence of its existence.

I did consume a large quantity of high-quality red beans and rice with andouille sausage and a few beignets, and the Bloody Mary's on the Natchez riverboat trip around the harbor were top shelf, so it wasn't a total loss.

....I call this one Nursing A Hangover

I believe it was taken at DeLongpre. Any info would be appreciated. If it’s included in a book, etc. ?

11B5DE8D-F805-4541-9FF3-215CD4CB0C1A.jpeg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back